• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

I would rather we left him exactly where he is at the moment. It is already a step up for him to be playing at Championship level and I think it would be good for him to get a whole season there for us to find out whether he is able to achieve a consistency of performance (or hopefully even an improvement in performance as the season progresses). If Pritchard were to move to a PL club (especially on loan) then I think he would be a squad player and that wouldn't be nearly as good for his development.

He still looks like he's finding his feet at Brentford and the manager there is moving him across the midfield in an effort to get the best out of him.

I would rather we left him exactly where he is at the moment. It is already a step up for him to be playing at Championship level and I think it would be good for him to get a whole season there for us to find out whether he is able to achieve a consistency of performance (or hopefully even an improvement in performance as the season progresses). If Pritchard were to move to a PL club (especially on loan) then I think he would be a squad player and that wouldn't be nearly as good for his development.

Similar comments were made when Walker went to Aston Villa. And that didn't pan out too bad... The key is obviously finding the right club.

Similar comments were made when Walker went to Aston Villa. And that didn't pan out too bad... The key is obviously finding the right club.

Very different player types though, in addition to playing in different positions.

Walker is a fantastic athlete, strong, quick. Obviously ready for the PL and ready to play in most systems at that time I would say.

Pritchard is a small, fairly lightweight attacking midfielder. Much more difficult to find that right club for a player like that imo.

Tottenham have rejected Brentford’s attempt to turn Alex Pritchard’s loan deal into a permanent transfer next month.

Pritchard has impressed in the Championship this season, making a valuable contribution as Mark Warburton’s team have mounted a surprise bid for promotion.

Brentford were keen to sign the 21-year-old attacking midfielder on a permanent basis but Spurs believe he can still have a first-team future at White Hart Lane.

They have been encouraged by the development of academy players such as Andros Townsend, Harry Kane and Ryan Mason.

The trio have all made the step to the Barclays Premier League after a series of loan spells.

Kane has been a revelation this season with 14 goals and Mason, who was on loan at Swindon in League One with Pritchard last season, has proved the value of patience, by making the step into Mauricio Pochettino’s team at the age of 23.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2890078/Tottenham-spurn-Brentford-s-attempt-turn-Alex-Pritchard-s-loan-permanent-deal-want-play-team.html

Tottenham have rejected Brentford’s attempt to turn Alex Pritchard’s loan deal into a permanent transfer next month.

Pritchard has impressed in the Championship this season, making a valuable contribution as Mark Warburton’s team have mounted a surprise bid for promotion.

Brentford were keen to sign the 21-year-old attacking midfielder on a permanent basis but Spurs believe he can still have a first-team future at White Hart Lane.

They have been encouraged by the development of academy players such as Andros Townsend, Harry Kane and Ryan Mason.

The trio have all made the step to the Barclays Premier League after a series of loan spells.

Kane has been a revelation this season with 14 goals and Mason, who was on loan at Swindon in League One with Pritchard last season, has proved the value of patience, by making the step into Mauricio Pochettino’s team at the age of 23.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2890078/Tottenham-spurn-Brentford-s-attempt-turn-Alex-Pritchard-s-loan-permanent-deal-want-play-team.html

Did they really even harbour the minutest of hopes we would accept. Pritchard will be a first team regular in two years time...

If you dont ask you dont get.

You're confident he's that good then?

YES!

The kid excites me more than any other that has come through in the past decade. He has this unpredictability in him that only great players have and above he looks so intelligent and aware of what is happening.

I have not been so excited about a prospect since watching the King play Liverpool at the Lane

YES!

The kid excites me more than any other that has come through in the past decade. He has this unpredictability in him that only great players have and above he looks so intelligent and aware of what is happening.

I have not been so excited about a prospect since watching the King play Liverpool at the Lane

I agree with you there, he was the outstanding player in the team that destroyed Inter Milan and Barcelona a few years back.

YES!

Excellent, not seen anything of him. I enjoyed what Rossi put up...

Last one not really an assist but nice goal and through ball for the first two

[VINE]OXMM2bVOEwM[/VINE]

I'd like to see him brought back in January and given some game time - he's already played more Championship games than Mason, and Bentaleb didn't play any at all before getting in the first team.

I'd like to see him brought back in January and given some game time - he's already played more Championship games than Mason, and Bentaleb didn't play any at all before getting in the first team.

Disagree, let him play all the games he can this season. Lets shift the ton of midfielders we have off the books (probably 4 out), get Mason/Bentaleb to have a full season under their belts, bring him in over summer, full preseason with Poch, give him the cup games next season (how we started Kane this season).

My big concern is with Mason/Bentaleb/Pritchard/Eriksen/Lamela, you have a lot of youth there, really think our midfield could do with Naybet/Davids type signing to help them develop.

Lennon and Townsend will likely be on the list of players we would accept bids for. Should both go this January then I'd expect to see us recall Pritchard, else he'll get the full season at Brentford and hopefully get into the playoffs.

Not really a fan of his. He is a talent but not sure he has what it takes to make it at the level we require

Lennon and Townsend will likely be on the list of players we would accept bids for. Should both go this January then I'd expect to see us recall Pritchard, else he'll get the full season at Brentford and hopefully get into the playoffs.

This for me too.

Would happily see Pritchard in as a replacement for Townsend for example as it would raise a decent amount of money that could then be used for more pressing concerns in other positions.

My big concern is with Mason/Bentaleb/Pritchard/Eriksen/Lamela, you have a lot of youth there, really think our midfield could do with Naybet/Davids type signing to help them develop.

We should snatch Song from West Ham when his loan ends, believe he is on a bosman from Barcelona then as well.

Back