• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adrian Rabiot

I understand the NOOO for Vardy and Zaha, but not this guy.

If he can buy in to our philosophy and we can get him for a reasonable fee, it's a no brainer.

CL experience, bags of potential and a position we need cover in.

I'm not desperate for signings by any means, but this one makes sense.

The guy is an ass. He's fallen out with the PSG hierachy, his home town club and also with his football federation. He (and his mum) clearly have a huge opinion of his abilities and potential, which is fair enough. But he would not fit in with how Poch manages his teams and I'm surprised Poch is even in for him tbh, talented or no.

He is exactly the kind of player that I could see coming in, playing well for 2 seasons, getting a hint of interest from a bigger club and then immediately downing tools because he can play for a bigger club/ earn more money etc.

I think he'd be far more trouble than he's worth.

The guy is an ass. He's fallen out with the PSG hierachy, his home town club and also with his football federation. He (and his mum) clearly have a huge opinion of his abilities and potential, which is fair enough. But he would not fit in with how Poch manages his teams and I'm surprised Poch is even in for him tbh, talented or no.

He is exactly the kind of player that I could see coming in, playing well for 2 seasons, getting a hint of interest from a bigger club and then immediately downing tools because he can play for a bigger club/ earn more money etc.

You and plenty of others are talking like you know the guy - you dont. You're basing everything on a few quotes here and there and for several reasons might not be representative of his true personality. IF Poch is genuinely interested in the guy you can rest assured he isnt anything like you want to portray him to be,he will know the guy a hell of a lot better than anyone on here....

You and plenty of others are talking like you know the guy - you dont. You're basing everything on a few quotes here and there and for several reasons might not be representative of his true personality. IF Poch is genuinely interested in the guy you can rest assured he isnt anything like you want to portray him to be,he will know the guy a hell of a lot better than anyone on here....

This.

I understand the NOOO for Vardy and Zaha, but not this guy.

If he can buy in to our philosophy and we can get him for a reasonable fee, it's a no brainer.
CL experience, bags of potential and a position we need cover in.
I'm not desperate for signings by any means, but this one makes sense.

Absolutely agree!

I trust Poch far more than I judge the journos or supposed ITK's on this forum. We could well be blowing this guy's attitude well out of proportion.

And to be honest, if he does come in and do a job for two seasons and sold at a profit I would be very happy!! We need to kick on a level and I think Rabiot could help us do that.
Beggars can't be bloody choosers and we are in desperate need of someone with his kind of talent right now.

No I don't know him personally. Really, none of us know any of the people we talk about on here personally or any of the clubs we talk about intimately so what is the point of any of our discussions?

The thing with France Football is not based on some misplaced quotes, he literally turned down the chance to be on the country's standby list.

The quotes coming out from PSG may indeed be biased, true. Though I find it slightly suspicious that he would turn down offers from his hometown club, a now moneybags club, who regularly win trophies and compete in the CL.

Also, can we please please stop with this appeal to authority as reasons for shutting down conversation? Yes, Poch is a great manager, I love him, but he is not perfect. He signed Pablo Osvaldo, who he managed at Espanyol, for a pretty hefty fee at the time for a club of Southampton's finances and spent 2 years making trouble, getting suspended, playing 13 times and scoring 3 before getting his contract terminated. He also got fined one of his loans during those 2 years for not turning up to train for a few days. We also currently have Janssen languishing in the reserves and with Poch making it clear that this £17 million striker is not in his plans at all, potentially for attitude problems in training.

Ferguson was famed for signing players with the personality he wanted and yet still had Tevez moving to City, Heinze trying to force a move to Liverpool, Keane eviscerating his own teammates on MUTV. He signed the likes of Obertan and Bebe. Simply appealing to authority is not a valid argument.

And no, I'm not saying at all that I know more about football than Poch or Ferguson.

Translate of a tweet from last night:
Véronique Rabiot, mother and agent of Adrien #Rabiot, denies categorically refusing an offer from Tottenham or any other club. The Rabiot family, affected by two successive bereavements, is in the time of meditation and has not engaged any discussion on the future of the player.

No I don't know him personally. Really, none of us know any of the people we talk about on here personally or any of the clubs we talk about intimately so what is the point of any of our discussions?

The thing with France Football is not based on some misplaced quotes, he literally turned down the chance to be on the country's standby list.

The quotes coming out from PSG may indeed be biased, true. Though I find it slightly suspicious that he would turn down offers from his hometown club, a now moneybags club, who regularly win trophies and compete in the CL.

Also, can we please please stop with this appeal to authority as reasons for shutting down conversation? Yes, Poch is a great manager, I love him, but he is not perfect. He signed Pablo Osvaldo, who he managed at Espanyol, for a pretty hefty fee at the time for a club of Southampton's finances and spent 2 years making trouble, getting suspended, playing 13 times and scoring 3 before getting his contract terminated. He also got fined one of his loans during those 2 years for not turning up to train for a few days. We also currently have Janssen languishing in the reserves and with Poch making it clear that this £17 million striker is not in his plans at all, potentially for attitude problems in training.

Ferguson was famed for signing players with the personality he wanted and yet still had Tevez moving to City, Heinze trying to force a move to Liverpool, Keane eviscerating his own teammates on MUTV. He signed the likes of Obertan and Bebe. Simply appealing to authority is not a valid argument.

And no, I'm not saying at all that I know more about football than Poch or Ferguson.
Chris Sutton turned down appearing in a 'B' international. He was still a bloody good centre forward that did well at every club he played for.

PSG SIGN PAREDES

PSG have announced the signing of Leandro Paredes fromZenit St Petersburg. The midfielder has signed a four-and-a-half year deal with the Ligue 1 champions after completing his medical in Qatar.

Chelsea were understood to have agreed a deal in principle for the Argentina international earlier in the window as a replacement for Cesc Fabregas, who has joined Monaco.

The 24-year-old said: "I’m very proud to be joining Paris Saint-Germain.

"After my previous experiences in Italy and Russia, I now have this fantastic opportunity, not only to discover a new league, but above all one to wear one the most prestigious club jerseys in the world."

This, as well as continued (rumoured/reported) interest in Gueye at Everton would suggest Rabiot has been replaced and is free to go.

He's going to end up at Chelsea. Let's face it. If they even give a whiff of interest i'm sure he'll make the appropriate noises to engineer a move there.
I'm fully prepared for Willian MkII here

He's going to end up at Chelsea. Let's face it. If they even give a whiff of interest i'm sure he'll make the appropriate noises to engineer a move there.
I'm fully prepared for Willian MkII here

Its a weird one, they just dont need him. And people moan about our foreign player situation, Im pretty sure theirs is worse.

Which is why I think it would be a nonsense move all round.

Then, of course, I realise Chelsea just love sabotaging us and I wouldnt put them past it at all!

We won't be signing him. He would've already agreed to sign for someone in the summer

He's not bothered to have to wait another 5 months, be contract free and negotiate hefty sign on fees and big wages because of that.

We won't be signing him. He would've already agreed to sign for someone in the summer

He's not bothered to have to wait another 5 months, be contract free and negotiate hefty sign on fees and big wages because of that.
That would already have been announced, other than if it was another French club

Most said similar of Aurier when he came in, and despite him not getting as many games as he would like there has been no sense of disruption from him. If anything he seems pretty settled and at one with the squad.

I completely see that Rabiot appears to have attitude issues, but honestly dont know how much is tabloid BS, his mum, misinterpretation or genuine...

I tend to err on the side of Poch, if we sign anyone he will have spoken to them and given the move the ok...

Yep. I also seem to remember Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans saying Sissoko’s attitude stunk the place out. But he’s been nothing short of hard working and professional in his time here

Back