• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A couple of nice articles today

Great bits from Eriksen who is hot property and talks at length about staying long and Poch staying etc, basically part of the project.

Its a shame people get carried away on theory and ignore the factual good stuff that comes out from players mouths

Here's a third, 'But what have they won?'.

https://www.thefightingrooster.co.uk/2018/02/but-what-have-they-won/

I do like a bit of Barney Ronay:
In terms of reaction and response this is the most notable aspect of writing about Tottenham right now, the constant anti-chorus of sceptics, doom-merchants and all-round nay-sayers. Spurs, we hear, are simply media darlings, beneficiaries of a conspiracy to project their successes as more valid and more life-affirming than other high-achieving English clubs. Spurs are the ewoks here. Look at them. Look at their floppy ears. Their bows and arrows. And who doesn’t like ewoks?
He published another article yesterday, First the knife but then Juve’s assassin turns into a Sunday League fat bloke.

I'm leery of the motive behind the Telegraph piece. It's written by a former Arsenal fanzine editor who is maybe a little hungry to generate comments on what is steadily becoming a dry and desolate sports site. The day after Spurs masterfully de-scaled the Arsenal snake, all they could write about were Arsenal problems, nothing about how Spurs did well.

Very specious journalism.

The Guardian piece is on a par with their usual high standards.

It feels like something has flipped with these most recent 3 weeks or so. Before, I think the papers were only to happy to carry the 'yeah, but what have they won' narrative. But I think Matt Law says it well there - it's tedious at best and laughable at worst.

It's like now, with these recent results, people are finally realising we are still, 3 years later holding on to our best players, still dominating the top teams, still well in that top 2/3/4 hunt, still doing everything we set out to do. And now, the bleating of rival fans about trophies has finally gotten to a ridicuclous point where people are throwing their hands up and saying: respect what Tottenham are doing!!

Back