• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Leicester City

Vorm 5 - doesn't really lead the Defence in the same way Lloris does

Walker 3 - Not looked the same since he played through that injury, positioning was woeful
Verts 4 - Poor, Weak and bullied out by Leicester
Dier 5 - Marginally better but not much
Rose 7 - By far the best of the defenders, constantly outjumping them on the back post. Also won the penalty with an aggressive run.

Bentaleb 6 - Not his best game, not his worst
Mason 6 - As above

Townsend 5 - meh
Chadli 3 - Worst game in along time, outbullied which shouldn't happen with his upper body strength. Missed 2? sitters
Eriksen 8 - Involved, linked well with Kane

Kane 9 - Hattrick, nothing else need be said.

Subs:
Dembele N/A - not enough time to rate
Paulinho 8 - Normally a big critic of this guy, so deserves praise on the rare occasions he does play well. Couple of lovely through balls, assist for Eriksen and tightened up the midfield.

Overall - Would think we would have lost with those overall ratings, and probably deserved to on the balance of play. Defence has looked poor for along time, something needs to alter at the back or I can see us getting another hiding at the likes of City.

Vorm - 2 (does he know he's allowed to use his hands?)

Walker - 3
Dier - 4
Vertonghen - 3
Rose - 7.1

Bentaleb - 5
Mason - 4

Townsend - 4
Eriksen - 6
Chadli - 3

Kane - 7

Subs:
Paulinho - 6
Dembele - ?

Poch - 6 (needs to change things quicker, although, silk purse, sows ear, etc etc)

lloris - 6

walker - 4
dier - 5
vertonghen - 4
rose - 8

townsend - 3
mason - 4
bentaleb - 4
chadli - 4

eriksen - 6
kane - 9

--

vorm - 6
paulinho - 7
dembele - n/a

but, errr, Arry's main objective ... is to score goals ? I'm sorry, is this a wind up ? Arry back to his best, mind you their defence was a bit of a shambles, much like ours.

i disagree, his main objective is to play the CF role, pressing the cb's, offering an out ball and pulling defenders around to make space are all as important to the system as taking chances

i don't think he was as much as a handful as he can be today hence the lower score, it wasn't that long ago he beasted terry and cahill all on his own

I honestly don't understand what you expect if you give Kane a 7 after scoring a hat trick. What more do you want from him? Okay, he wasn't that heavily involved overall perhaps, but he most certainly wasn't poor. He's the striker, he's there to score goals, he scored three of them. "There is more to football than scoring goal"... goals wins matches.

I honestly don't understand what you expect if you give Kane a 7 after scoring a hat trick. What more do you want from him? Okay, he wasn't that heavily involved overall perhaps, but he most certainly wasn't poor. He's the striker, he's there to score goals, he scored three of them. "There is more to football than scoring goal"... goals wins matches.

who said he was poor, 7 is a good mark, an above average performance, 10 is perfect, was he perfect?

lloris - 6

walker - 4
dier - 5
vertonghen - 4
rose - 8

townsend - 3
mason - 4
bentaleb - 4
chadli - 4

eriksen - 6
kane - 9

--

vorm - 6
paulinho - 7
dembele - n/a
Lloris didn't play long enough to get a rating IMO, but Vorm was a 5 for me. Rose was good and strong, but missing for their equalizer. But overall low marks, even though we scraped a win ? You forgot to rate the ref - ta mate ! *cough*pen*wink*wink*

Not a great game for us, probably entertaining for neutrals

Loose from a lot of players, fatigue/form is definitely a problem.

Vorm not Lloris
Back line poor again with exception of Rose, Verts had a mare
Kane obviously MOTM with Hatrick
Chadli too casual, really should have buried two easy chances
Bentaleb/Eriksen passing off.

Did well to not fold under the pressure, we definitely struggled today.

who said he was poor, 7 is a good mark, an above average performance, 10 is perfect, was he perfect?
To get a 7 when scoring a hat trick, you'd have to have been extremely poor otherwise. He most certainly wasn't that. I thought he played reasonably well, held the ball up decently at times, played a few good passes, worked his socks off. When you add that to scoring three goals, I'd say it's close to a perfect performance from a striker. What more can you expect? I'd probably give him a 9 myself.

To get a 7 when scoring a hat trick, you'd have to have been extremely poor otherwise. He most certainly wasn't that. I thought he played reasonably well, held the ball up decently at times, played a few good passes, worked his socks off. When you add that to scoring three goals, I'd say it's close to a perfect performance from a striker. What more can you expect? I'd probably give him a 9 myself.

fair enough, i understand that, personally i don't give bonus points for goals

Vorm - 4

Walker - 3
Dier - 5
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 8

Bentaleb - 5
Mason - 6

Townsend - 4
Eriksen - 7
Chadli - 3

Kane - 9

With all due respect... that's ridiculous. It's the most important thing in football.

you know what they say about starting a sentence "with all due respect" ;)

again, i disagree, goals can cover a multitude of sins, the most important thing in football is space, and knowing how to use it, goals are a byproduct of exploiting space

Last edited:
Back