• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fiorentina (2nd Leg) – match ratings

milo

Jack L. Jones
milo submitted a new blog post

Fiorentina (2nd Leg) – match ratings

:(

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:
Well what can you say, a tie we could and perhaps should have won over the 2 legs and yet same old...

Lloris 6 - Didn't have much to do, one very good save 1 on 1.
Chiriches 5 - Tried to get forward, still too sloppy.
Vertonghen 5 - Ok apart from the silly mistake.
Fazio 4 - Not as dominant as usual, poor mistake for first goal.
Davies 5 - Endeavoured but crossing was poor.
Lamela 4 - 1 decent shot and good through-ball but lost the ball a lot!
Stambouli 5 - Mostly ok but guilty of overplaying in tight areas.
Bentaleb 6.5 MotM - His rating as our MotM says it all about the team, best of a average/poor bunch.
Chadli 5 - Got into a few crossing positions but ultimately disappointed.
Eriksen 5 - No real influence.
Soldado 3 - Apart from the obvious, did very little.

Subs - Kane 5 - Tried to get things going but to no avail.
Townsend 5 - See Kane.
Walker N/A

More or less as above, but would give Lamela and Stambouli a higher rating. A few decent runs and passes from them. The team must feel angered. An abject performance that could have been so different. We were on top first half but didn't show maturity second.

lloris 7 great save at 1 0
davies 7 decent game
verts 4 awfull mistake
fazio 5 was having a decent game untill that mistake
chriches 8 some decent crosses first half. hes a better right back then walker
bentleb5 poor game
stambolie 7 good game
erikson 5 poor did nothing for the 5th game in a row
lamela 5 he was due a poor game but hes pass for that miss was the best and only thing he done
chadli 5 if he dont score then he offers nothing
soldado 3 that miss cost us the game. the guy never finds space. i perfer ade to him

poch why bring on walker

More or less as above, but would give Lamela and Stambouli a higher rating. A few decent runs and passes from them. The team must feel angered. An abject performance that could have been so different. We were on top first half but didn't show maturity second.
Lamela did sweet fa for me, he isn't dynamic, he isn't creative, he doesn't score and he doesn't hold the ball up, so beyond a step over, run into 3 players then wave his hands about I fail to see how he had any form of good rating.
Chriches, our midfield 2 in the first half + possible Erikson with the probing passes were the only positives, once they started pressing in the middle for the second half we fell to pieces once again. No width, Davies I felt was immensely poor and I actually missed Danny Rose as I think he would have been more effective of keeping Salah quiet.

Any reason Lloris seemed to come off his line a lot less? a few times I expected him to come and sweep up and/or close the angles but he didn't like normal.

Lloris 6 - for once unable to produce the worldies needed to prevent their goals

Chiriiches 5 - impressive in between the brainfarts
Fazio 4 - when you're that short of pace suicide passes are too expensive a luxury
Verts 6 - was looking masterful until his disastrous moment of hesitation for their second
Davies 3 - can only think lack of game-time has completely done for him

Bentaleb 6 - our best outfield payer until shortly before he was subbed
Stambouli 6 - excellent first half, faded second

Lamela 5 - competed well enough as always but remains far too easy to dispossess
Eriksen 6 - medium-to-long range radar has completely deserted him of late
Chadli 5 - offered very little

Soldadudo 2 - words fail me

Subs

Townsend 5 - stepovers galore but too little end product
Kane 6 - less effective as a #10, needed to play up top
Walker 6

Poch 6 - was right to play Eriksen because without him we lack creativity but should have replaced Soldado with Kane up top following the Spaniard's grotesque gaffe

Lloris 6 - I'm really feeling sorry for Hugo . His quality deserves some clean sheets.

Chiriiches 4 -
Fazio 4 -
Verts 5 -
Davies 4 -
All four defenders were not to bad with their offside trap but they were all poor in their passing. There were no accuracy to the simplest of square passes to each other and all to often, the receiver was unable to receive the ball to feet or in his stride. The crossing from the full-backs was of a poor standard too.

Bentaleb 6 - our stand out outfield player with a 6/10, says it all :(
Stambouli 5 - at times dwelt on the ball much to much when the quick pass was the right thing to do .

Lamela 5 - denied an assist but that apart had a nothing game.
Eriksen 5 - quiet game
Chadli 5 - same as Eriksen and Lamela.

Soldadudo 2 - I think he's on the ganja.

Subs

Townsend 4 - couldn't improve things
Kane 5 - No point in keeping a player bereft of confidence upfront when you have Harry Kane .
Walker 4 - same as Townsend .

Poch - Needs to show the boys a DVD of the Monaco game at the Emirates.

Back