• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arsenal - match ratings

milo

Jack L. Jones
milo submitted a new blog post

Arsenal - match ratings

Arsenal match rating results

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:
Milo, the automatic filter insertion of the 5-1 bit in 'Arsenal' is messing up any web links with Arsenal in the title. Even your own match ratings. :p

Lloris 7
Rose 8
Dier 8
Vertonghen 8
Walker 8
Bentaleb 7.5
Mason 7
Dembele 7
Lamela 7
Eriksen 7.5
Kane 9

No way!!

Lloris - 9 (two worldclass saves, especially off Wellbeck)
Rose 8
Dier 9 (Was petrified to see him drafted in the NLD but he was simply outstanding)
Vertonghen 8
Walker 9 (looked like a thoroughbred sprinting ahead to the finish line
Bentaleb 8 (Outstanding, especially considering he is back from the ACN)
Mason 8 (irrepressible; what he lacks in technique he makes up for in desire)
Dembele 7
Lamela 7
Eriksen 8 (Constant probing)
Kane 10 - what else could we ask for from our HERO!!!

No way!!

Lloris - 9 (two worldclass saves, especially off Wellbeck)
Rose 8
Dier 9 (Was petrified to see him drafted in the NLD but he was simply outstanding)
Vertonghen 8
Walker 9 (looked like a thoroughbred sprinting ahead to the finish line
Bentaleb 8 (Outstanding, especially considering he is back from the ACN)
Mason 8 (irrepressible; what he lacks in technique he makes up for in desire)
Dembele 7
Lamela 7
Eriksen 8 (Constant probing)
Kane 10 - what else could we ask for from our HERO!!!

Mason doesn't lack in technique, he just tries more higher risk passes, which is part of what makes him so good

A magnificent team performance all round, hence the high ratings

Lloris 9 - stood no chance with Ozil's volley but his two critical saves capped an excellent display

Walker 8 - possibly at fault losing Ozil for their goal but was trying to cover down the middle; overall this was Walker getting right back to his best
Dier 9 - not only stopped everything they could throw at him but also produced a series of quality forward passes from the back
Vertonghen 9 - one word: commanding!
Rose 8 - okay he completely lost Welbeck for their goal but some of his tackling was King-esque, also posed a considerable threat going forward and came close to scoring on a couple of occasions

Mason 9 - that impressive ht touch-map graphically illustrated his influence all round the park
Bentaleb 8 - slotted in seamlessly following his ACoN sojourn
Dembele 8 - supported the front-line well overall, needs to release early more often

Lamela 8 - seems to be learning when not to take on one too many at last
Eriksen 8 - not at his best but still put in a shift

Kane 10 - even the neutrals cannot help loving our new Bale

Subs

Chadli 7
Stambouli n/a
Paulinho n/a

Manager

Pochetinno 10 - his three-pronged strategy outflanked even the wily Wenger: press high, get the ball forward early, shoot on spec.

Lloris - 8 - Two big saves in the second half. Excellent.

Walker - 8 - How we missed him in the first half of the season. Solid defensive performance, good pace on the right wing too

Dier - 9 - Had gone off the boil a little since the first few weeks of the season, but this is why he was so highly rated. Flawless defensive performance.

Vertonghen - 8 - Calm, composed, solid. Good man.

Rose - 7 - Got skinned by Welbeck for their goal, and still crosses like Aaron Lennon on coke. But generally had a very good game going forward and especially in defence, winning some big tackles.

Mason - 9 - Full of energy, an all action performance. Kane will dominate the headlines, but Mason was just as good IMO. Another die hard Spurs fan thrown in the middle of a NLD and working his gonad*s off.

Bentaleb - 8 - Very composed in possession, and a superb ball to Kane for the winner. Great to have him back!

Dembele - 8 - Much better in the advanced role. Pressed Arsenal hard and started a few attacks. If he could pass the ball a bit better and use his right foot he'd be genuinely world class.

Eriksen - 8 - No goals or assists today, but still plenty of creative passing, dribbling and skills. A pleasure to watch.

Lamela - 5 - The only disappointment today. Missed a good chance to score and gave the ball away a lot, again. Worked hard to win it back though.

Kane - 9 - Two chances, two goals. Oh, and he held the ball up and brought others into play well too.

Subs:

Chadli - 7 - Looked decent when he came on.

Paulinho + Stambouli - N/A

Pochettino - 11 - This is why he was my first choice to replace Sherwood. Completely outplayed one of the best and most in forms teams in the country. Our players looked fitter, sharper and hungrier than Arsenal. Big calls to bring back Dier and Bentaleb, both paid off fantastically. Substitutions were on time and correct. Full marks and more

Lloris - 7.5. Didn't have much to do, couldn't help the gal, one good save
Walker - 8. Had Ozil in his pocket all game (except the goal :) ); thought he wa fantastic
Dier - 8. Still raw, but I think he was brilliant, solid, didn't let the occasion phase him, good speed.
Jan - 8 - The usual from an amazing defender.
Rose - 7 - had some great moments, but still feel he's too weak positionally, and he got absolutely destroyed by Welbeck for their goal
Bentaleb - 8.5 - Fantastic performance today, incredible assist.
Mason - 7 - Awful first half, much better second half.
Lamela - 7 - I love his work ethic, his pressing, his tackling. When his attacking game clicks he'll be special. But it really isn't at the minute.
Eriksen - 7.5 - Quiet game for him, but still a great performance, some lovely play and vision
Dembele - 7 - Not quite up to his recent standards but his ability is clear. Didn't realise he was that left footed though that he cut back twice with two great right foot chances.
Kane - 9 - Nothing needs to be said. I didn't think he could ever be this good. i didn't think he could keep it going, but he just keeps it going. What's really incredible about hi though, isn't justice goals, but his hold up play, his technique is infinitely improved and also this ability to always get a shot off when he's surrounded

Mason doesn't lack in technique, he just tries more higher risk passes, which is part of what makes him so good

Come off it - yes he undoubtedly does try higher risk passes (which is why I like him), but he also doesn't have good accuracy - he often gives the ball away even with low risk passes.

Shocked to see him getting such high ratings - thought Bentaleb was clearly better defensively, had more of a threat and end product going forward and gave the ball away less.

Surprised no one is giving Dembele higher ratings. Along with Bentaleb and Mason I thought he dominated the midfield and held the ball up high up the pitch fantastically. He so rarely lost it and gave us several good oppurtunties. Easily an 8 for me.

Surprised no one is giving Dembele higher ratings. Along with Bentaleb and Mason I thought he dominated the midfield and held the ball up high up the pitch fantastically. He so rarely lost it and gave us several good oppurtunties. Easily an 8 for me.
It's because Dembele holds onto it too long; we make a flowing move up the pitch, get all the way to Dembele... then he is forced onto his right foot so he can't do anything, has to turn inside, gets crowded, turns back and lays it off, and the momentum is gone. You could perceive this as holding the ball up high up the pitch, or lacking the vision to lay a pass off for someone to get in on goal.

I was pleased he did take on a right foot shot in the second half, and it VERY nearly sneaked in, or got followed in by Kane.

And a view from the other side ...

No point singling players out,

Ospina was ****.
Bellerin was ****.
Mertesacker was ****.
Koscielny was ****.
Coquelin was ****.
Ramsey was ****.
Cazorla was ****.
Özil was ****.
Welbeck was ****.
Giroud was ****.

Lloris 8.5 two world class saves
Rose 8.5 brilliant all day
Dier 8 excellent
Vertonghen 7.5 very good but partly at fault for goal
Walker 7.5 his pace looked back to full tilt today
Bentaleb 9 brilliant everywhere heart of our side and great assist to Kane
Mason 8 very good display kept us moving forward
Dembele 7 he was very good at times but again in the final third his decision making lets him down
Eriksen 7 not his best display but great effort
Lamela 6 worked very hard and had some great pieces of defending but toothless going forward
Kane 10 what more can you say superstar

It's because Dembele holds onto it too long; we make a flowing move up the pitch, get all the way to Dembele... then he is forced onto his right foot so he can't do anything, has to turn inside, gets crowded, turns back and lays it off, and the momentum is gone. You could perceive this as holding the ball up high up the pitch, or lacking the vision to lay a pass off for someone to get in on goal.

I was pleased he did take on a right foot shot in the second half, and it VERY nearly sneaked in, or got followed in by Kane.

Usually I'd 100% agree and I think that's what's limiting him moving that crucial step up. Today though, I think he layed the ball off when he had the option.

Back