• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2022 World Cup... gonna ruin the European Season

Sports should not be mixed with politics or any other issues.

A great example of why sports should not be mixed with politics is Malaysia. In the 1970s, Malaysia was one of the top Asian football teams. They did well to qualify to the 1980 Olympics by beating South Korea in the play-off match. But the stupid Malaysian government joined the American-led boycott of the 1980 Olympics, meaning Malaysia didn't get to play in it. It was the turning point for Malasysian football as they never recovered from it. Since then, Malaysia have never came close to qualify for either the Olympics or World Cup. Malaysian football have become the laughing stock of world football, even got damaged by a match-fixing scandal in the 1990s. In contrast, South Korea have went from strength to strength, qualifying for every World Cup and Olympics since 1986. This is why you should not blindly follow the Americans or mix politics into sports ! Malaysia have learned it the hard way !

Nonsense.

It’s more important to stand for something than to play a game.

You can’t ignore politics.

Sports should not be mixed with politics or any other issues.

A great example of why sports should not be mixed with politics is Malaysia. In the 1970s, Malaysia was one of the top Asian football teams. They did well to qualify to the 1980 Olympics by beating South Korea in the play-off match. But the stupid Malaysian government joined the American-led boycott of the 1980 Olympics, meaning Malaysia didn't get to play in it. It was the turning point for Malasysian football as they never recovered from it. Since then, Malaysia have never came close to qualify for either the Olympics or World Cup. Malaysian football have become the laughing stock of world football, even got damaged by a match-fixing scandal in the 1990s. In contrast, South Korea have went from strength to strength, qualifying for every World Cup and Olympics since 1986. This is why you should not blindly follow the Americans or mix politics into sports ! Malaysia have learned it the hard way !
What on earth are you on about?

Hmm, who else is to blame for this then? World Cup is a summer tournament, if a country can’t host it in the summer then it shouldn’t be considered

Edit: @Spurs7891

This is it. When you bid on anything and follow an RFP process you follow a set number of conditions, one of the main ones you would have to hit would have been the summer dates before you even moved onto the next stage of the RFP.

So not only did Qatar bribe their way through they said they could host a summer World Cup and could not, thus they should have not even been able to complete a bid book.

The other side of it is - who is going to go to Qatar?

Russia was pushing it for many, Qatar is a whole other level of univiting/far/expensive... Will the competition even be that well attended?

This is it. When you bid on anything and follow an RFP process you follow a set number of conditions, one of the main ones you would have to hit would have been the summer dates before you even moved onto the next stage of the RFP.

So not only did Qatar bribe their way through they said they could host a summer World Cup and could not, thus they should have not even been able to complete a bid book.
I am not against a winter WC but winning a bid on a Summer WC and shifting it is bollox. So dirty and not a peep from Ueffa, its a shame for the players but would be open to a boycott of this one - I was ok with Russia as even if it was dirty at least it could be justified, Soviets > Russia have always been a big footballing country.

* I know Soviet was not a country.

The other side of it is - who is going to go to Qatar?

Russia was pushing it for many, Qatar is a whole other level of univiting/far/expensive... Will the competition even be that well attended?

I don't see it, Qatar will be like no other place its been before, no streets in the tradtional sense where fans will take over areas or squares, it will all be hotel operated or special fan parks.

I have to admit, Russia was more well attended than I expected, but maintain Qatar is a whole other degree of inaccessible/undesirable/far/costly etc.

The timing just makes that worse, who is going to spend thousands on a trip out there for the WC right on top of Christmas?

I have to admit, Russia was more well attended than I expected, but maintain Qatar is a whole other degree of inaccessible/undesirable/far/costly etc.

The timing just makes that worse, who is going to spend thousands on a trip out there for the WC right on top of Christmas?

Qatar will be cheaper than Russia I would say, like for like without the WC its cheaper as hotels and airfare is cheaper (there is more). The main issue for me as someone that worked there is there will be no fan engagement or feeling, you go to any other WC you will have fans walking the streets, hanging out of Cafes in the main square drinking etc which is part of the charm. Its impossible to do that in Qatar unless they change the rules, its not a walkable country like anywhere else, its very much in the hotel vein so you will just have people in hotels, jumping into taxis and coaches to go to games and heading back again. It will be dull.

Im actually looking forward to it - something different as a one off makes a nice change imo

I’m actually not against a winter World Cup, like you say it may make a nice change, but that’s not the bid that was made. It was for a summer World Cup with air con stadium!

Nonsense.

It’s more important to stand for something than to play a game.

You can’t ignore politics.

If you do include politics in sports, almost all the countries will lost the right to host any sports tournaments. All the countries are guilty of human rights abuses or war crimes in some way. Remember, the US and Britain attacked Iraq in 2003 and killed thousands of innocent people.

It seems the Europeans always have 1001 reasons to skip a World Cup. But the passionate South Americans always have one main reason to attend the World Cup : just to watch their team play ! World Cup 2010 in South Africa and World Cup 2018 in Russia have proven that the passionate South Americans will always lift any World Cup regardless of where it is being held, with or without the Europeans ! I am sure the South Americans will make sure Qatar 2022 will be successful as well.

JPEG image.jpeg
If you do include politics in sports, almost all the countries will lost the right to host any sports tournaments. All the countries are guilty of human rights abuses or war crimes in some way. Remember, the US and Britain attacked Iraq in 2003 and killed thousands of innocent people.

It seems the Europeans always have 1001 reasons to skip a World Cup. But the passionate South Americans always have one main reason to attend the World Cup : just to watch their team play ! World Cup 2010 in South Africa and World Cup 2018 in Russia have proven that the passionate South Americans will always lift any World Cup regardless of where it is being held, with or without the Europeans ! I am sure the South Americans will make sure Qatar 2022 will be successful as well.
Hmm as you can see from the graphic on the last World Cup in Brazil, half the world away, Europeans and English in particular do travel to world cups and support their team. Think it’s just Russia that Europeans fans have avoided due to the threat of violence. Probably something to do with Russia politics getting involved in football, I know you hate it when countries do that. I didn’t see your reply in the other thread on the Russian state sponsoring of the shameful holiganism by the Russians in France at the euros?

View attachment 4737
Hmm as you can see from the graphic on the last World Cup in Brazil, half the world away, Europeans and English in particular do travel to world cups and support their team. Think it’s just Russia that Europeans fans have avoided due to the threat of violence. Probably something to do with Russia politics getting involved in football, I know you hate it when countries do that. I didn’t see your reply in the other thread on the Russian state sponsoring of the shameful holiganism by the Russians in France at the euros?

Unfortunately the world is dominated by the Western media who are mostly propaganda tools of their governments. It is no logic to still believe the propaganda of United "lied about Iraq" States and it's allies.

https://www.maxim.com/sports/fifa-world-cup-women-broadcasts-2018-7

One thing we might see less in the next World Cup 2022 will be the camera focusing on the women spectators during matches. FIFA wants their official broadcasters not to focus the camera on these women as they think it encourages sexist attacks. Not sure this is a good idea. I think if not for the camera focusing on them, we might not know if these women are even there watching ! I think the reaction of the crowd, especially women, makes every match more entertaining to watch. It will be a pity if FIFA stops the camera focusing on them.

https://www.maxim.com/sports/fifa-world-cup-women-broadcasts-2018-7

One thing we might see less in the next World Cup 2022 will be the camera focusing on the women spectators during matches. FIFA wants their official broadcasters not to focus the camera on these women as they think it encourages sexist attacks. Not sure this is a good idea. I think if not for the camera focusing on them, we might not know if these women are even there watching ! I think the reaction of the crowd, especially women, makes every match more entertaining to watch. It will be a pity if FIFA stops the camera focusing on them.

I'm quite happy to watch the game. Reaction shots from managers and benched players are one thing. That ridiculous game where the camera zooms in on people because they are either fit birds, in national costume, gurning, or all three, and then pans away as soon as they spot themselves on the big screen? It can go the way of colour commentary from ex-Gooners.

This seems to be the one advantage of holding the World Cup in Gilead, anyway.

I'm quite happy to watch the game. Reaction shots from managers and benched players are one thing. That ridiculous game where the camera zooms in on people because they are either fit birds, in national costume, gurning, or all three, and then pans away as soon as they spot themselves on the big screen? It can go the way of colour commentary from ex-Gooners.

This seems to be the one advantage of holding the World Cup in Gilead, anyway.

I agree that it can be very annoying at times when the camera focus too long on the crowd during the matches, but having camera shots of these beautiful women among the crowd does makes the matches more "colourful" and reduces the tension during tight matches.:D

Back