• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2018...checking out

Was lucky to have him play at my 40th birthday party
Was a brilliant night

42300504_10161009308165475_4230163330494365696_n.jpg

That brilliant.

You did well to get them available back in the 80’s too.

As it's for a good cause, I won't be pursuing what is a clear infringement of my something that isn't a badger on a ball image rights.

Some of their designs are very good. They have an exhibition at the football museum in Manchester at the moment. Their Pulp/Sheffield Wednesday shirt is really well done.

The Spurs Show podcast put out a lovely tribute to Chas and there is a push to get 'No Pleasing You' up the charts. So buy it and stream it.

Geoffrey Hayes, who hosted long-running children's TV show, Rainbow, has died aged 76.

The actor and presenter died in hospital surrounded by his family, according to his manager.

In a statement, Phil Dale said: "It is with great sadness that the family announce that Geoffrey passed away in hospital with his wife, Sarah, and son, Tom, by his side."

Hayes presented Rainbow on ITV between 1974 to 1992.

Dale added: "The family would like to express their thanks to the many fans over the years as it always gave Geoffrey so much pleasure to know that he and his Rainbow team had given so much fun to TV and theatre audiences."

The pre-school show featured the characters Zippy, George and Bungle as they lived in the Rainbow House - and ran for more than 1,000 episodes.

_103646858_3d0d53dc-e14c-4fc1-ab77-818a4565721a.jpg
Image copyrightPA
The programmes featured musical interludes from the trio Rod, Jane and Freddy as well as animations and stories read from the famous Rainbow storybook.

Hayes also had a successful acting career, starring as Detective Constable Scatliff in the BBC TV Series Z Cars.

After Rainbow, Hayes said he was "frustrated" not to find more acting work, as "directors could only think of me as Rainbow's Geoffrey".

He appeared in pantomimes and on some panel gameshows including an episode of Never Mind the Buzzroosters in 2002 and Pointless Celebrities in 2015.

In a 2015 interview with the Express, Hayes said he had spent four months working nights, shelf-stacking at a local supermarket, and had also worked a stint as a taxi driver - something that was played upon in an advertising campaign he starred in for Monster Munch.

In the interview, Hayes recalled his time on Rainbow with fondness: "I'm very proud of Rainbow and even now, over 20 years since it finished in 1993, people remember it with affection. Amazingly, I still get recognised. People stop me and thank me for being an important part of their childhood - it's humbling."

Back