• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2017 I'm not convinced just yet

d3YQCPcckxQiYibe.gif

Took your word for it and ordered me a bottle [emoji3]
@galeforce Had my first sip last night and it was most enjoyable! I was afraid it would be too smokey for my liking, but it was just perfectly balanced. More of a charcoal taste than smoke.
I'll be having my 2nd taste tonight after my afternoon jog. Yes, I work out. My apartment smells of rich mahogany and I have many leather-bound books.

@Rock Strongo

great, glad you like it, Islay whisky isn't to everybody's taste

i'll be having one later myself
How much is a bottle over there? I paid £70 for this baby.

I need a whisky collection, so that I can dabble with tastes. Just finished a bottle of Talisker Skye 10 yo, but I'd like to add a bottle or three to my bar now. Any suggestions?

How much is a bottle over there? I paid £70 for this baby.

I need a whisky collection, so that I can dabble with tastes. Just finished a bottle of Talisker Skye 10 yo, but I'd like to add a bottle or three to my bar now. Any suggestions?

a bit less over here, mine was a present but i reckon £40-50

i also really like rich cask speyside stuff from macallan for example and i've also had some nice japanese whisky (yamazaki and hibiki)

Do you drink it with Coke, Diet Coke or Coke Zero?

I'm assuming you don't drink it with Aldi Cola or Lidl Cola, at the prices you're paying.
I managed to get hold of a batch of Pepsi Twist. It makes any whisky go pop and brings out the correct flavours. Also takes the edge of that nasty alcohol taste.

The Nikka is already pretty damn sweet, definitely not smokey, closer to Irish perhaps. It's easy listening where the Kilchoban is a symphony with layer upon layer.

Here's to feeling good all the time!

Back