• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2017 I'm not convinced just yet

DJ Robert Miles has died, aged 47. Had some hits in the 90s that I can vaguely remember.
And he was a brilliant DJ. His DJ sets were nothing like the music he produced. I hired Robert Miles for a House party event, and his set was mindblowing! Great guy and I'm shocked by his death, that came way too early.

Just read the news, very sad. My old Superunkown CD is still part of my car music library.

Listened to a few songs by Audioslave and his solo career the other day and actually said to myself "you should listen to more Chris Cornell stuff".

RIP

Also, Power Boothe died the other day (right).

Had some memorable roles like the one pictured, also as senator Roark in Sin City and the sheriff, I think, in U-turn.

593fb26ee5416821e58e91d6d0cbfdff.jpg

Incredibly sad news. Soundgarden shaped my musical life undoubtedly, and his voice was quite simply inspirational. The greatest vocalist of a generation in my humble opinion. RIP Chris Cornell.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Just goes to demonstrate the power of depression, this guy basically had everything a human could want.

An apparently happy marriage with two kids, one of the greatest rock voices of all time, embarking on a new tour with his old mates.

I love Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, Audioslave and even some of Cornell's solo work is quite good.

It hurts because I grew up listening to his voice and now it's gone. Never got to witness it live which will be a lifelong regret.

Settle down now and sit with me.

Be at peace Chris.

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to see him perform live twice; once doing an electric set spanning his solo stuff, Audioslave and Soundgarden material, and then separately doing a one man acoustic set, performing mostly his own stuff, with a couple of Soundgarden/Audioslave tracks thrown in. On each occasion he was astonishingly good, I was blown away by the power and control of his voice. Such a sad loss.

Back