• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2017/18 Season - Expectations/Predictions

Title challenge would make me very happy.

Considering Wembley and some of the stuff going on at the other clubs another top 4 finish would also be perfectly reasonable.

Will be disappointed if we finish outside the top 4, but will still very much trust Pochettino to take us forward.

My reservations about us at 'home' at wembley means we focus on doing well away.

Top four will be very hard for us this season, then next season at our new home. But I do want us to focus on the CL, if anything.

I don't think we'll win the league. We lack pace and a plan for how to play when teams press us aggressively high up. I also think we look a bit thin to compete on two fronts. That's always a difficult balance. We only got into the title race last season after going out of Europe. Having said that, I'd be very happy with a top four finish. Hopefully we can win a cup too.

If someone offered me no trophies and outside of top four finish, but that we could keep all our players until the shutting of the window in our first season at the new stadium, I'd be a bit tempted to take it. But only a tiny bit. We should have enough quality to do really well and maybe even win something.

We'll definitely benefit from having a team where people know eachother well though.

I'll recycle some Wembley things that is said before and no one has picked up on

The current side has a poor record at Wembley, agreed. But we have only played top teams at Wembley other than Gent and we conceded goals with almost every shot on target (I think I worked it out to be conceding from 94% of shots on target). That's does not happen in the league and is a freak stat, big very relevant.

We will not play teams like Monaco and Chelsea every week. Two teams that we outplayed but did lose too. We will play the same teams we beat last year and we had a great record in the bigger picthes that people are fearful off with 2 of our 3 losses coming on the smaller picthes at Chelsea and Pool

I believe the title winners will be from one of the following; Chelsea, United, Emirates Marketing Project or us. But I think Wembley will cost us somewhere between 10-15 points so I could see us finishing 4th, maybe even 5th if Liverpool keep improving.

Semis of the cups but narrowly lose out to one of the big boys.

Last 16 of the CL depending on the draw.

Other predictions: We're losing to Saudi Sportswashing Machine this weekend boys, put your house on it.

skysports-paul-merson-season-predictions-premier-league_4065784.jpg

If Tottenham were playing at White Hart Lane I'd have them as champions. They've got the best team, they haven't had to buy anybody. They will miss Walker surging forward, but Kieran Trippier is a great replacement.

I just think of them playing away from home for 38 games; they didn't have the greatest away record last year but had a superb home record.

They worry me in that sense, but I still think they could finish third. They do need a couple more squad players before the end of the window, however.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...for-the-title-arsenal-to-miss-out-on-top-four

Surprising amounts of common sense in there.

I think same as last two years.

Doing our best and challenging the very top.

A lot depends on how we settle at "home", but if that goes well why not another title challenge?

So much hinges on early points on the board, and we just won a tricky away game to get things going - a good result tomorrow and the team is rolling...

skysports-paul-merson-season-predictions-premier-league_4065784.jpg

If Tottenham were playing at White Hart Lane I'd have them as champions. They've got the best team, they haven't had to buy anybody. They will miss Walker surging forward, but Kieran Trippier is a great replacement.

I just think of them playing away from home for 38 games; they didn't have the greatest away record last year but had a superb home record.

They worry me in that sense, but I still think they could finish third. They do need a couple more squad players before the end of the window, however.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...for-the-title-arsenal-to-miss-out-on-top-four

Surprising amounts of common sense in there.

Common sense yes, but he is still prone to say some odd stuff.....

Asked about Davinson Sanchez, he replied "never heard of him"

Also he said Morata will score more goals than Harry

Common sense yes, but he is still prone to say some odd stuff.....

Asked about Davinson Sanchez, he replied "never heard of him"

Also he said Morata will score more goals than Harry

Isn't he some sort of expert on all things Colombian?

Back