• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015/16 Europa League - Round of 16: Borussia Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that talking about next season's CL draw is not being a bit premature but ... remember that teams with a coefficient lower than ours could take a position in Pot 1 by being their domestic champions. So even if we are among the 16 highest ranked teams entering the CL group stage it doesn't guarantee a place in Pot 2. Of course, we could just win the PL and then we get an automatic place in Pot 1!

those coeficients are meaningless.
this is the europa cup final i was looking towards; so i agree with the idea of getting it over and done with. lets find out what our boys are really made of.

As they've announced that the CL finalists will get 20,000 tickets each in a 71,500 capacity stadium I thought I'd search for news on the EL final. Each finalist will get 9,000 from a capacity of roughly 35,000. fudging outrageous. In both cases almost a quarter of the tickets go to sponsors and the "UEFA family".

As they've announced that the CL finalists will get 20,000 tickets each in a 71,500 capacity stadium I thought I'd search for news on the EL final. Each finalist will get 9,000 from a capacity of roughly 35,000. fudgeing outrageous. In both cases almost a quarter of the tickets go to sponsors and the "UEFA family".
Wait a minute. Are you suggesting that there's some kind of corruption or system of backhanders and extravagance at the higher levels of football?

Wait a minute. Are you suggesting that there's some kind of corruption or system of backhanders and extravagance at the higher levels of football?

It isn't even corruption, it's just arrogance and stupidity. When it was time to climb the steps at Wembley on Sunday the entire area around them were deserted as they're all VIP seats. What's the point of filling the stadium with people on corporate freebies, who have no interest in either side, when there are thousands who'd love to spend money on those seats?

What I don't get is why they are already selling tickets for the EL final now (https://europaleague.tickets.uefa.com/lottery/welcome_en.html) ? Surely that's just setting up for a black market once the finalists are known? Why not keep those "international" tickets back and add to the allocation of the teams in the final? If there are any surplus after that, then fine, put them to general sale. But surely the clubs participating in the final should get the first call on all tickets not going to sponsors etc.?

What I don't get is why they are already selling tickets for the EL final now (https://europaleague.tickets.uefa.com/lottery/welcome_en.html) ? Surely that's just setting up for a black market once the finalists are known? Why not keep those "international" tickets back and add to the allocation of the teams in the final? If there are any surplus after that, then fine, put them to general sale. But surely the clubs participating in the final should get the first call on all tickets not going to sponsors etc.?

That's about 8 or 9 thousand sold to neutrals and locals. They will have your name printed on them and you're supposed provide ID when entering the stadium. If you search the interwebs, there are tons of agencies offering guaranteed tickets. Where are those coming from?

That's about 8 or 9 thousand sold to neutrals and locals. They will have your name printed on them and you're supposed provide ID when entering the stadium. If you search the interwebs, there are tons of agencies offering guaranteed tickets. Where are those coming from?
Yeah, I just don't believe those tickets are bought by people who intend to go. There may be some locals who would go for the spectacle/experience, but 8 or 9k? I don't see it. It just annoys me (as it clearly does you) that fans get screwed out of an often rare opportunity to see their team in a European final. I get that the sponsors get their cut, just not the rest of the general allocation.

As they've announced that the CL finalists will get 20,000 tickets each in a 71,500 capacity stadium I thought I'd search for news on the EL final. Each finalist will get 9,000 from a capacity of roughly 35,000. fudgeing outrageous. In both cases almost a quarter of the tickets go to sponsors and the "UEFA family".

What star rating does a stadium have to be to hold the Europa final?

In the last 10 years Psv and now Basel have held finals, in 35,000 and 38,000 seater stadiums.Is our star rating not good enough or something because the capacity is, i guess we dont have good enough facilities or something?

those coeficients are meaningless.
this is the europa cup final i was looking towards; so i agree with the idea of getting it over and done with. lets find out what our boys are really made of.

Do you think that you'll get past United? ;)

Waiting_Time.png

been almost in for 30 mins now, doesn't look good. Phone lines don't allow you to queue either anymore. its all a bit of a joke, I didn't get a Man Utd ticket because of this nonsense.

been almost in for 30 mins now, doesn't look good. Phone lines don't allow you to queue either anymore. its all a bit of a joke, I didn't get a Man Utd ticket because of this nonsense.

My bar hasn't moved in 35 min, not sure if it's because i briefly switched from 4G to WiFi when i came into work or if it's just busy.

My bar hasn't moved in 35 min, not sure if it's because i briefly switched from 4G to WiFi when i came into work or if it's just busy.

No it has done the same to me. I have been virtually in since 9:40 but I know I won't get a ticket. Its becoming a joke.

Season ticket holders with 238+ points successful for the away leg.

Looks to be tickets available on the German Viagogo if you don't mind paying a few quid extra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back