• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ultimate Spurs 11 from your time following Spurs

I like your team for the most part and I’m a massive Dembele fan, but no Gazza?

Wanted a holding midfielder and Gazza was brilliant

Could bring Gazza in for lineker and play 5 across

Lineker is the only one who is suspect IMO

Klinsmann was brilliant but brick on us IMO to leave as quickly as he did

I'm surprised Carrick's name has cropped up 4 times already.

I know those since the early-90s won't have many CM options, as it has traditionally been a weak position for us. But he wasn't that great and only had two seasons for us (75 apps). I'd put Dier (161 apps) or Dembele (210 apps) ahead of him, if I wasn't able to use Gazza alongside Modric.

What? Really? Carrick held that team together. He was one of our best players at the time, I thought.

I only started following Spurs during the 1994-95 season.

Lloris

Walker Alderweield King Rose

Modric Dier

Erickson Sheringham Bale

Kane

I debated about Dier, but I eventually included him, thinking he could drop back into a 3 when the fullbacks bomb forward. I also imagine Kane & Sheringham switching positions and think those two would have been great together.

My first game at Spurs was in 1967 and we beat Burnley 5-0 I think.. I will pick my team from the best players I have seen since then.

Some just have to be put in the side as they were, or are, truly world class players. Those players are Hoddle, Gascoigne and Bale..

In goal it would have to be Pat Jennings..

A back three of Alderweireld, Campbell (it hurts me as well) and Ledley..

A 5 man midfield of Cliff Jones, Dave Mackay, Glenn, Gazza and Bale..

Up front it would have to be Kane and Jimmy Greaves..

As regards Jones, Mackay and Greaves I have seen them all play but I was only about 7 or 8 so I am going on what I have seen and read since then.. Jones was a fantastic winger, Mackay was the ultimate midfield stopper and Greaves was just unplayable at times..

Good fun.... I enjoyed doing this.... COYS.

Best team from people who have posted in this thread and from http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/members/

I've indulged myself by putting in myself (Noe Pamarot) on the subs bench, at the expense of ... er ... Edinburgh.

Erik - Milo

Dean Austin - Daisuk
Andy Thompson - Scara
Jonathan Woodgate - K.D.D.D.D.Soc
Les Howe - galeforce

Hazard - Jordinho
Nayim - billyiddo
Davids - the dza
Modric - braineclipse

Sir Les - DHSF
Les Medley - THFCsteff

SUBS

Robbo - Bedfordspurs
Pamarot - Roland Beurre
Bergsson - Sandman
Sherwood - Gutter Boy
Peter Taylor - Yermyahu

Obviously, I had to DuckDuckGo some of these players. Definitely lack some width in midfield, so maybe I should have put Taylor in for Nayim.

Obviously, the team will have to change as the years roll by and people get assigned new alter-egos after posting more. Is there a full list of members and their assigned player aliases?

Lloris
Walker King Vertonghen Bale
Waddle Gascoigne Modric Eriksen
Sheringham
Kane

Subs:
Thorstvedt
Alderweireld
Mabbutt
Anderton
Ginola
Berbatov
Lineker

Lloris
Walker King Vertonghen Bale
Waddle Gascoigne Modric Eriksen
Sheringham
Kane

Subs:
Thorstvedt
Alderweireld
Mabbutt
Anderton
Ginola
Berbatov
Lineker
HE DIDN'T INCLUDE HODDLE!
giphy.gif

A late '80s start for me, although I didn't really start following football until about 1993.

------------------- Lloris
Walker --- Ledley --- Toby --- BAE
Lennon -- Modric -- Gazza -- Bale
------------ Kane -- Klinsmann

Or

------------------- Lloris
------ Toby -----Ledley -- Scumbell
Walker -------- Modric ----------- Bale
----------- Eriksen ---- Gazza
----------- Kane -- Klinsmann

Carr, Ginola and Carrick all up there, as are Sheringham, Berbatov and Lineker. Woodgate and VdV too. And Anderton of course. We've been blessed with some fine centre backs and centre forwards so perhaps 3-5-2 is the way to go.

Going for an attack minded 4-4-2

Lloris
Walker
King
Alderwireld
Perryman
Gazza
Hoddle
Bale
Ginola
Kane
Klinsmann

-----------------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------------------

------------Alderweireld--------------King-------------------Vertonghen----------------

----Carr--------------------Carrick------------------Modric-------------------Ziege------

---------------------Bale--------------------------------------Gascoigne-------------------

------------------------------------------Kane-------------------------------------------------

Would've liked to have fit Ginola in as well as Klinsmann as well but Kane has been so good for us that despite Klinsmann's obvious class and pedigree I would have to pick Kane instead and despite how amazing Ginola was, Bale had 3 and half exceptional seasons for us and proved he could go and play for anyone and well Gascoigne.......don't need to say anymore really.

Ziege we unfortunately never saw the best of but he was a superb footballer and a fantastic LWB and Carr gets the nod given his longevity, quality and the fact he came through the youth system.

Carrick, people might raise eyebrows with but I felt he was very good in 04-05 once Jol took over but then in 05-06 he was just phenomenal. We took probably 3 seasons to get over losing him to Man United after the 2006 World Cup. Class player and its just a shame we didn't get another couple of years out of him. I would genuinely liked to have seen how him and Modric would've partnered up in CM. No obvious muscle or destroyer in there but 2 very accomplished players at breaking up play and starting attacks in he same move as well as being adept at passing and keeping the ball.

Couldn't bring myself to include Campbell although he would have made a great partner for King, that would have been some CB pairing. Alderweireld and Vertonghen are not just very good defenders but they are superb footballers who have been schooled in the right way. Their thought processes and how they perform mean that they aren't just able to play in one position. You could play them in midfield and up front and they would do a job because they understand how to play football, not just their position. Very adaptable and shining advocates of the Ajax way of creating and nurturing a footballer.

Wanted to squeeze Waddle in who was playing in his final season when I first took interest in Spurs but can't take out Bale/Gascoigne despite how good Waddle was, especially in 88/89. Would be on my bench for sure though.

Back