• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Get over it. Need a fit mentally stable Danny rose if he is still with us.

Jokes were done about him last month
I'm not getting over it until he puts his head down. I like a fit, performing Rose, just want him to lay low for the next 6 months.

I'm not getting over it until he puts his head down. I like a fit, performing Rose, just want him to lay low for the next 6 months.
By put his head down do you mean put his head down concentrate on football or put his head down and concentrate on eating 12 cheeseburgers?

Lol is he not allowed to have a life? Van Der Vaart used to go to the darts when he played for us, plenty of others players do too I imagine.
Did he do it after claming off his teammates? Or after publicly insisting on a move to his boyhood club Manchester [insert highest wage payer here]?

Did he do it after claming off his teammates? Or after publicly insisting on a move to his boyhood club Manchester [insert highest wage payer here]?

Don't recall him having a go at teammates, just the club's lack of signings just days before the season started, hardly an unpopular view within our fan base at the time. Plenty of players state a desire to play in or close to their hometown or region at some point in their careers. This is all irrelevant anyway as Poch has publicly forgiven Rose and has reintegrated him back into the side. Whether he will be with us at the start of next season remains to be seen but for now, he's a Spurs player and we should want him to regain the form we know he is capable of.

Makes me laugh how fans have selective outrage levels on players perceived lack of loyalty at times. Modric and Bale are still worshipped on this forum and they both went on strike.

Did they? Don't remember that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Modrić

2011–12 season[edit]
In mid-2011, Modrić was heavily pursued by Tottenham's London rivals Chelsea, who made an initial bid of £22 million, which they increased to £27 million, both of which were rejected by chairman Daniel Levy.[72][73] After the failed bids, Modrić announced he would welcome a move across London and that he had a "gentleman's agreement" with Daniel Levy that the club would entertain offers from a "big club".[74] Speculation continued throughout the summer transfer window, culminating in Modrić refusing to play in Tottenham's opening match against Manchester United, which ended in a 3–0 loss.[75] Modrić said his "head was not in the right place" as he continued to force a move to Chelsea.[76] On the final day of the transfer window, Chelsea made an offer of £40 million that was again rejected.[77]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ain-as-he-pushes-for-move-to-Real-Madrid.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Modrić

2011–12 season[edit]
In mid-2011, Modrić was heavily pursued by Tottenham's London rivals Chelsea, who made an initial bid of £22 million, which they increased to £27 million, both of which were rejected by chairman Daniel Levy.[72][73] After the failed bids, Modrić announced he would welcome a move across London and that he had a "gentleman's agreement" with Daniel Levy that the club would entertain offers from a "big club".[74] Speculation continued throughout the summer transfer window, culminating in Modrić refusing to play in Tottenham's opening match against Manchester United, which ended in a 3–0 loss.[75] Modrić said his "head was not in the right place" as he continued to force a move to Chelsea.[76] On the final day of the transfer window, Chelsea made an offer of £40 million that was again rejected.[77]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ain-as-he-pushes-for-move-to-Real-Madrid.html
Not sure I'd call either of those scenarios an outright strike tbf. Neither refused to play as such.

Modric struggled to come to terms with our point-blank refusal to sell as I suspect all but the most exceptionally committed would. He believed Levy had promised when he signed him that the club would let him go when a bigger club came in for him so it was not just a one-sided thing. After licking his wounds he carried on playing for another season and played a big part in helping us qualify for the CL that season.

As for Bale I believe there was more to it than what you have just cited. Levy was no doubt busy doing what Levy does best, leveraging the most outrageous deal imaginable. That took time and would have tinkled even the most angelic of saints right off.

For my part I have more sympathy with their stances than that of Berbatov which amounted to outright rebellion and refusal to play. That's what I call a strike.

Don't recall him having a go at teammates, just the club's lack of signings just days before the season started, hardly an unpopular view within our fan base at the time. Plenty of players state a desire to play in or close to their hometown or region at some point in their careers. This is all irrelevant anyway as Poch has publicly forgiven Rose and has reintegrated him back into the side. Whether he will be with us at the start of next season remains to be seen but for now, he's a Spurs player and we should want him to regain the form we know he is capable of.

Makes me laugh how fans have selective outrage levels on players perceived lack of loyalty at times. Modric and Bale are still worshipped on this forum and they both went on strike.
Those players didn't claim to have to Google their teammates, and asked for a transfer to the top club in the world when they were at their absolute peak and far outpacing Spurs.

Rose insulted his teammates, insulted the club, bitched about a contract he'd only just signed and hadn't yet earned any of, all of this whilst getting paid to what appears to have been chomping Mars bars like a foie gras duck eats corn.

Those players didn't claim to have to Google their teammates, and asked for a transfer to the top club in the world when they were at their absolute peak and far outpacing Spurs.

Rose insulted his teammates, insulted the club, bitched about a contract he'd only just signed and hadn't yet earned any of, all of this whilst getting paid to what appears to have been chomping Mars bars like a foie gras duck eats corn.

Agreed, and even if anything he said wasn’t that shocking or whatever in isolation (although the Google thing definitely was disrespectful), the fact that he was giving these kind of interviews at all is breaking ranks from a tight knit unit and didn’t need to be done.

If Poch is playing him and has drawn a line under Rose's silly interview, then there's nothing to worry about.

He's slowly getting back to form and to have him flying down the left-flank and bringing his fight and attitude to the team will be a massive plus for us. If we sell him in the summer then we'll get a lot of money and if we don't, then we still have a quality player at the club.

Back