• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Kane ' s an enigma to me. When I first saw him play I thought he would never be a decent footballer but here he is scoring goals left right and centre. He has become stronger over the years to when he started out and what I saw as a weakness blindly trying to beat players and losing the ball, he has now developed into an all round talent. His eye for goal is sharp...that really has surprised me in the last couple of years, mind you if he had passed the ball more against Southampton our goal tally would have been much higher!
Anyway...is he really world class?
Messi is the best player I have seen,even better than Pele and that's saying something.HK does not come into that catergory of player. He,s more in the mold of Past German players,dedicated and consistent.
Anyway whatever, I have to say he is a real star. Long may he shine bright at Spurs......

The first match I remember seeing Kane play for us was a pre-season match against Monaco away. He played well and scored a great goal from outside the box. Everyone in the pub were surprised and sort of shrugged it off as luck. How wrong we were. :p
I remember watching Kane play against Arsenal when he was on loan at Norwich. He was probably 19, 20 not sure but he appeared to be a lot shorter than he was now and was so slow! He had a one and one and completely ballsed it and I said to myself he won't make it in the premier league! He obviously had a growth spurt and is now, what, 6ft 1 and deceptively quick. How wrong I was back then.

i always thought he had a good shot on him but was convinced very early on that he was not going to be a good keeper ;)
harry-kane.jpg

Always surprises me when the very knowledgeable pundits tell me that his records don't count for anything if he doesn't win a trophy, as they are always talking about such multi honour winners like Henning Berg, John O'Sea and the like. If he was doing this for United, Liverpool or Woolwich would there be the clamour to get him sold? Surely he has as much chance of winning something with us as them.

The first match I remember seeing Kane play for us was a pre-season match against Monaco away. He played well and scored a great goal from outside the box. Everyone in the pub were surprised and sort of shrugged it off as luck. How wrong we were. :p

The first match I saw him play was in 105 (40Celcius)degree heat in Baltimore in June of 2012 and I knew right away he'd be great....err, ok, actually I thought he was this season's Slade, Slabber, etc, who was being ritually sacrificed in the summer heat; Christ it was hot...too hot to sit and watch football, much less run around and play it! He was one of the few to play the whole match and I thought it was sign that he was seen as expendable and that he was due for a life of footballing obscurity.

So, as you can see, when it comes to footballing talent, I'm always right. ;)

Harry Kane and his rise show how important it is for youth players to go out and get minutes under their belts and learn their trade. Think of all those loans and how he slowly improved each time. If some of the young players who won things in the summer for England could do similar then we might actually stand a chance in future world cups.

Back