• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

It's nothing to do with the "calling out" as you put it. It all has to do with the timing and the supposed tactical geniuses sitting at home thinking that they know what would happen if certain subs or formations were played.

Poch is a professional and why he is backed to the hilt by many is that the many think that he will make mistakes but trust him enough to make his choices right for the majority of the time.

Pochs choices are thoughtfully considered with his staff aiding his decisions based on research, analysis, players mental and physical well being. Not just a quick muse.

It's possible that on occasion poch and some arm chair fan has agreed with a substitution for example ... all of a sudden the arm chair fan starts believing in their own managerial ability.

This of course reflects very badly on poch, when he on several occasions didn't listen to the other end of the tv for tactical adaptations from arm chair fan.

So when we win a game apparently poch was perfect and the arm chair fan pipes up, unable to find any material. Why not talk critical tactics after a win?

Posting negative material about poch is one thing but if you are going to do it, Do it with some Grace, humility, and genuine knowledge.

Not just, poch failed. Poch is not the messiah. Poch needs to win a cup this season. Pochs starting IX was wrong. He didn't just lay in bed the morning of the game and think, I feel lucky let's give sissoko a go.

He makes mistakes sure, but who uses retrospect to hammer someone when the future was unknown.

Great post.

I read a review of the ballague book yesterday, that stated poch had chosen one player to start over another because of what one of them had for breakfast. Can anyone confirm? Sounds quite odd. :p

I read a review of the ballague book yesterday, that stated poch had chosen one player to start over another because of what one of them had for breakfast. Can anyone confirm? Sounds quite odd. :p

In terms of knowing which players are focussed and taking their condition seriously, it’s probably not the oddest thing at all.

There’s stuff about him being really into what smell the shirts are after they are washed, and something about lemons, but a lasagna order in an important period (especially considering our club’s history with them... ;) ) is not so weird.

In terms of knowing which players are focussed and taking their condition seriously, it’s probably not the oddest thing at all.

There’s stuff about him being really into what smell the shirts are after they are washed, and something about lemons, but a lasagna order in an important period (especially considering our club’s history with them... ;) ) is not so weird.

Haha, yeah, I guess it depends on what the player in question was eating and how much, it just sounded a bit random in the review I read. I'm borrowing the book from a friend shortly, so will get to read it, look forward to it. :)

It's nothing to do with the "calling out" as you put it. It all has to do with the timing and the supposed tactical geniuses sitting at home thinking that they know what would happen if certain subs or formations were played.

Poch is a professional and why he is backed to the hilt by many is that the many think that he will make mistakes but trust him enough to make his choices right for the majority of the time.

Pochs choices are thoughtfully considered with his staff aiding his decisions based on research, analysis, players mental and physical well being. Not just a quick muse.

It's possible that on occasion poch and some arm chair fan has agreed with a substitution for example ... all of a sudden the arm chair fan starts believing in their own managerial ability.

This of course reflects very badly on poch, when he on several occasions didn't listen to the other end of the tv for tactical adaptations from arm chair fan.

So when we win a game apparently poch was perfect and the arm chair fan pipes up, unable to find any material. Why not talk critical tactics after a win?

Posting negative material about poch is one thing but if you are going to do it, Do it with some Grace, humility, and genuine knowledge.

Not just, poch failed. Poch is not the messiah. Poch needs to win a cup this season. Pochs starting IX was wrong. He didn't just lay in bed the morning of the game and think, I feel lucky let's give sissoko a go.

He makes mistakes sure, but who uses retrospect to hammer someone when the future was unknown.

This.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Haha, yeah, I guess it depends on what the player in question was eating and how much, it just sounded a bit random in the review I read. I'm borrowing the book from a friend shortly, so will get to read it, look forward to it. :)
I'm expecting the book as a gift tomorrow so look forward to that too

Guys seriously, we’ve got a game today can we please stop talking about the book!

There'll be plenty of time for that after the game when there;s more to discuss about our manager and his abilities in the light of another good result.
For now, I am really looking forward to reading that book.
I'll be out for a family day so may not get to hear the SPurs result until the end of the day. Hopefully I can watch the match when I get home without knowing the score.

yes, it's in there - i downloaded the book on to my device from google play, read it in a couple of days, engrossing stuff and real insight to how he thinks, and feels

Don't know if its been mentioned yet but according to MOTD last night, we scored 92 PL goals in 2017, the third highest in goals scored in a calender year since the Prem began.
Brilliant, the team deserves proper recognition for it. We really are living through great times. We scored loads in the 60s but in those days regularly conceded far more than we do now.

But of course we haven't won any prizes so according to some it counts for nothing.

Last edited:
Brilliant, the team deserves proper recognition for it. We really are living through great times. We scored loads in the 60s but in those days regularly conceded far more than we do now.

But of course we didn't win any prizes so according to some it counts for nothing.

Do not be silly of course it stands for something, not sure how true this is but i heard a whisper that they have had some medals made so they can put them in their trophy cabinets.

Do not be silly of course it stands for something, not sure how true this is but i heard a whisper that they have had some medals made so they can put them in their trophy cabinets.

I know we've had our spats about the club prioritising the top four over the domestic cups but I'm talking totally different territory here. Because my comment was aimed at certain warped pundits and fans of our rivals plainly jealous of how well we are doing. Keep seeing tweets saying nothing counts if you don't win something.

Bit different to your very admirable hunger for a trophy, my friend. I'm sure you enjoy the footy we're playing just as much as the best of us despite the frustrating lack of trophies but there are some for whom it's seemingly all about silverware and nothing else.

As well as offering the chance of a cheap jibe.

I know we've had our spats about the club prioritising the top four over the domestic cups but I'm talking totally different territory here. Because my comment was aimed at certain warped pundits and fans of our rivals plainly jealous of how well we are doing. Keep seeing tweets saying nothing counts if you don't win something.

Bit different to your very admirable hunger for a trophy, my friend. I'm sure you enjoy the footy we're playing just as much as the best of us despite the frustrating lack of trophies but there are some for whom it's seemingly all about silverware and nothing else.

As well as offering the chance of a cheap jibe.

Fair enough mate i accept that was your meaning, as for jibes we have all offered them up at some times in our life :)

Back