• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Emirates Marketing Project. The other team nicks the ball in a non-dangerous position and has the potential to build momentum and get on the front foot, a cheeky foul stops play and allows them to re-group. Lamela is an excellent exponent of this tactic.
I don’t think Lamela is at all. I remember plenty of times him getting booked and subsequently lucky not to get sent off. Fair enough he didn’t to my memory get sent off, but he certainly looked a liability at times....

flimflam article, this is the typical pundit/media view of why doesn't everyone roll over and play dead for the "rightful" top clubs ... This is also biased by the delusional view that Spurs "overperformance" is a one or two year thing, but lets be clear, Spurs has been punching above our weight for 6-7 years now, Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, VDV, Walker, etc have all moved on and we got fudging better. Fact is, everyone is raving about City, lets talk when they beat RM/Barca/PSG/big boys in Europe, we already have shown we can.

I'll extend my answer by stealing a quote from the comments from AJ understand the thrust of this article, it makes sense. But the same logic can be applied to anything, really. I mean, what is the point in ANYTHING?? Life! There's always going to be someone richer, someone better looking, someone who has more holidays, someone who can eat all the fast food and still look good. What's the bloody point?

Good post. I thought the guardian was better than that article. It stinks of the Mail or Sun. Everyone's knows the mercenaries will leave for double to wages we are offering, but in this day and age to make our footballers should receive sympathy for only being paid a meagre 100k a week is disgusting. I'll drive Rose to Manchester myself if he wants out and lose very little sleep over ever seeing the grub squeeze into a a spurs shirt again. Promote Walker-Peters and see him flourish as we come fourth in 2020 will be just as satisfying as buying the trophy with Danilo etc.

Good post. I thought the guardian was better than that article. It stinks of the Mail or Sun. Everyone's knows the mercenaries will leave for double to wages we are offering, but in this day and age to make our footballers should receive sympathy for only being paid a meagre 100k a week is disgusting. I'll drive Rose to Manchester myself if he wants out and lose very little sleep over ever seeing the grub squeeze into a a spurs shirt again. Promote Walker-Peters and see him flourish as we come fourth in 2020 will be just as satisfying as buying the trophy with Danilo etc.
Sorry but I just don’t buy this ‘mercenaries’ thing. Yes they can get paid more elsewhere, but they’ll also be looking at Walker and seeing him winning the PL, one of favourites for CL and thinking I’d like some of that. The thought that players would only leave Spurs for money is ridiculous, there are bigger, more attractive clubs around I’m afraid that can offer trophies aswell as better wages I’m afraid....

Sorry but I just don’t buy this ‘mercenaries’ thing. Yes they can get paid more elsewhere, but they’ll also be looking at Walker and seeing him winning the PL, one of favourites for CL and thinking I’d like some of that. The thought that players would only leave Spurs for money is ridiculous, there are bigger, more attractive clubs around I’m afraid that can offer trophies aswell as better wages I’m afraid....

Sadly, this. This is why Walker's move was a bad idea, in retrospect - we might not have been able to prevent it, but a player moving and *immediately* winning the Prem will put those doubts in the minds of the rest of the lads. It isn't about the money - at least, not entirely. But it *is* about trophies, and we have none while Walker will have at least one.

Sadly, this. This is why Walker's move was a bad idea, in retrospect - we might not have been able to prevent it, but a player moving and *immediately* winning the Prem will put those doubts in the minds of the rest of the lads. It isn't about the money - at least, not entirely. But it *is* about trophies, and we have none while Walker will have at least one.
I might be overestimating the intelligence of footballers, but I think they would have been able to figure that out anyway. Even if we sunk however many millions it would have cost us to keep an unhappy Walker at the club. Which might have cost us the Sanchez deal.

Furthermore, it is important that people are rewarded for long service. Walker had been at the club for like 8 years. He wanted to do something else after pulling his weight and some at spurs. We got good value and had the best cover. Tottenham did have 2 right backs in the England squad.

The only bad thing about it was that we plugged holes at Emirates Marketing Project: good defender and homegrown player.

I might be overestimating the intelligence of footballers, but I think they would have been able to figure that out anyway. Even if we sunk however many millions it would have cost us to keep an unhappy Walker at the club. Which might have cost us the Sanchez deal.

Well, yes and no - they probably know that they can win a lot more elsewhere, but we've been pretty firm on not selling to domestic rivals post-Berba, and perhaps they might have suspected that the same would be the case were they to ask for moves to City, United, Chelsea et al.

Again, it was a difficult situation, and I don't blame anyone for the way it went down - Walker was a loyal servant, he wanted out, he gave us six years in the first-team, we would have been inhuman if we had refused his request. But by selling to City, we broke a precedent that had stood for about a decade prior to that, give or take - and Walker's subsequent (impending) success will probably reinforce the notion that all it takes to win trophies is leaving Spurs. Simple as that, and you get a massive payrise thrown in. Don't even have to leave the country, because Spurs will sell you to City or United or whomever.

Anyway, if Walker going was what it took for Sanchez to arrive, it certainly wasn't a bad trade on that front in particular.

Well, yes and no - they probably know that they can win a lot more elsewhere, but we've been pretty firm on not selling to domestic rivals post-Berba, and perhaps they might have suspected that the same would be the case were they to ask for moves to City, United, Chelsea et al.

Again, it was a difficult situation, and I don't blame anyone for the way it went down - Walker was a loyal servant, he wanted out, he gave us six years in the first-team, we would have been inhuman if we had refused his request. But by selling to City, we broke a precedent that had stood for about a decade prior to that, give or take - and Walker's subsequent (impending) success will probably reinforce the notion that all it takes to win trophies is leaving Spurs. Simple as that, and you get a massive payrise thrown in. Don't even have to leave the country, because Spurs will sell you to City or United or whomever.

Anyway, if Walker going was what it took for Sanchez to arrive, it certainly wasn't a bad trade on that front in particular.
It's not like Modric or Bale have lacked trophies, success and money after their moves either.

I genuinely think we have players that are of a calibre that will attract interest from the biggest clubs in Europe, clubs that win trophies in big leagues (Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve). What we have maintained is that if anyone wants to sign our players they will have to pay a premium. 27 year old right back, that's £50m.

It's a slightly different subject matter, but I think we can have a very successful overall strategy that includes occasionally selling players that are in our first eleven. That shouldn't happen every season though, that would be difficult to handle.

Emirates Marketing Project. The other team nicks the ball in a non-dangerous position and has the potential to build momentum and get on the front foot, a cheeky foul stops play and allows them to re-group. Lamela is an excellent exponent of this tactic.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1207506/sports

The expands a little on that with regard to the Manchester derby.
Though it is Duncan Castles, some of the analysis seems accurate. Though, of course, focused on trying to spin against Guardiola.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1207506/sports

The expands a little on that with regard to the Manchester derby.
Though it is Duncan Castles, some of the analysis seems accurate. Though, of course, focused on trying to spin against Guardiola.

He does over do it, but it is all true.
As pep and some of the media are building us up as dark horses and most likely to stop their winning run I expect this to be ramped up on Saturday.
In fairness to Emirates Marketing Project just about every team does at least some of these things, they are just much better at it.

He got utterly schooled by Guardiola today, for one. Like watching a red-nosed five-year-old trying to outplay Magnus Carlsen at chess.

But what's worse, he refused to correct his own mistake. And that's saddening to see. He got it badly, badly wrong starting Trippier against Sane - it was obvious, brutally obvious, at half-time. If Trippier was left for dead, he was utterly *useless* - no pace, no strength, no positioning. He was out of the game with one ball in behind him - no recovery possible. This was obvious. To *everyone*. At half time. From the dullest dimwit of a spectator like me to all the smartest people in attendance - *everyone* was watching it happen, seeing it happen.

Poch saw it - he's too smart not to have seen it.

And he did *nothing*. Refused, point-blank, to sub Trippier off, to correct that imbalance that was seeing us concede chances again, and again, and again down the right hand side.

Chance, after chance down the right. No change.

2-0, from a move down the right. No change.

Chance, after chance down the right. No change.

3-0, from a move down the right. No change.

Time, after time, after time.

No change.

Poch hates subs - hates them, for reasons I can't fathom. But I also thinks he hates being proven wrong, to the extent that he won't change something when being taught a footballing lesson as a result of his own damn errors. Too stubborn for that ,clearly.

And that is desperately, desperately disappointing. He's talented. He's young. He's one to keep.

But he is arrogantly, carelessly stubborn, to the point where his occasional tactical ineptitude clearly becomes a point of pride that he refuses to account for because, as I mentioned, he hates subs. And it showed, brutally, today.

Anyone that criticises Poch gets shouted down on here. However this is as good a time as any to say it, as that performance was to be polite useless....

The edge has gone. Something is missing with these players. Could it simply be that the players simply cannot respond to Poch anymore, you know the same voice over and over loses it's impact.

Maybe it's time for a big shake up in the summer and new first team players brought in and big names shipped out

New stadium, New team

Calm down Emirates Marketing Project will do that to many teams. We had and poch had a bad day at the office.

He is growing witty the club.

This will happen.

Some of the knee-jerk reactions on here are incredible. They have better players and a deeper squad, plus are bang on form whereas our form is patchy and we're missing 3 key players. Getting something out of today was never that likely. Frankly the most disappointing thing from today was going 1-0 down at a set piece

Far, far more important than today's game are the 4 which we play between now and the FA Cup game. Win those 4 and it will be 18 points from 21 available in the league and we'll be well placed

For me the lack of competition for places is really hurting us.

Eriksen and Alli never get dropped no matter how bad their form is - most likely as there's nobody to replace them.

Spot on.

Few of us said it in the summer - signing squad players that are happy on the bench is not that way to improve.

Son/Lamela are the exception to that.

He is growing witty the club.

This will happen.

No argument there. But growing requires learning, not sticking your head in the sand when you're being proven abundantly, irredeemably *wrong*.

His reaction to Trippier being slaughtered all night, and for the yawning, horrific gap on the right being responsible for three of our four goals - was deeply, deeply saddening to see. That was a man who let pride overrule pragmatism. That is not learning. And he needs to drop that, sharpish - along with his mystifying hatred for subbing on someone when the game is clearly calling out for it.

The edge has gone. Something is missing with these players. Could it simply be that the players simply cannot respond to Poch anymore, you know the same voice over and over loses it's impact.

Maybe it's time for a big shake up in the summer and new first team players brought in and big names shipped out

New stadium, New team
I think we are no longer hidden away under the raider like we have been where we could just quietly go about picking up points - we have added pressure and focus now on us

Some of the knee-jerk reactions on here are incredible. They have better players and a deeper squad, plus are bang on form whereas our form is patchy and we're missing 3 key players. Getting something out of today was never that likely. Frankly the most disappointing thing from today was going 1-0 down at a set piece

Far, far more important than today's game are the 4 which we play between now and the FA Cup game. Win those 4 and it will be 18 points from 21 available in the league and we'll be well placed
100%%%

Any team would suffer losing the rocks we have in defence and midfield

Today was a freebie almost in my book but to concede that first really hurts

Back