• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

unbelievably fudging stupid
As pleasant as usual nayenezgani. Let's think:

If a team flat out refuses to push out, and you are just dribbling into a brick wall, you need to give them some encouragement to come out.

Think of it like hunting an animal, coaxing it out of its den, so you can pounce.

Strachan said an interesting thing a couple of nights ago... he said people always accused him of going to Old Trafford and sitting deep and playing 4-6-0 but he didn't want to... his team just couldn't get out, due to the pressure.

Modern football is all about taking advantage of transitions, when their defence is not set. A well drilled and set defence is extremely hard to break down, look at Barca vs Cheatski a few years ago.

How do you make the defence NOT set? How do you MANUFACTURE a transition?

As pleasant as usual nayenezgani. Let's think:

If a team flat out refuses to push out, and you are just dribbling into a brick wall, you need to give them some encouragement to come out.

Think of it like hunting an animal, coaxing it out of its den, so you can pounce.

Strachan said an interesting thing a couple of nights ago... he said people always accused him of going to Old Trafford and sitting deep and playing 4-6-0 but he didn't want to... his team just couldn't get out, due to the pressure.

Modern football is all about taking advantage of transitions, when their defence is not set. A well drilled and set defence is extremely hard to break down, look at Barca vs Cheatski a few years ago.

How do you make the defence NOT set? How do you MANUFACTURE a transition?
Can you think of any team that successfully uses giving away free kicks as a strategy?

Can you think of any team that successfully uses giving away free kicks as a strategy?
Emirates Marketing Project. The other team nicks the ball in a non-dangerous position and has the potential to build momentum and get on the front foot, a cheeky foul stops play and allows them to re-group. Lamela is an excellent exponent of this tactic.

Emirates Marketing Project. The other team nicks the ball in a non-dangerous position and has the potential to build momentum and get on the front foot, a cheeky foul stops play and allows them to re-group. Lamela is an excellent exponent of this tactic.
Not the kind of free kick I'm talking about.

We're quite good at that ourselves. Some better than others.

It seems to have become more popular recently, perhaps due to the extreme analysis made of most actions in most games.
Yes, a clear instance of a foul that's rewarded rather than punished, because it foils a dangerous counter-attack whereby the defence is exposed and vulnerable and gives the defending side an opportunity to get organised at the back with up to eleven players behind the ball if they want.

So a fk and a booking is laughable in that situation. Sin bins would probably still not be enough. Me? I'd change the rules and make it a penalty offence every time.* That should stop it in it's tracks.

*Edit: I should have said, regardless of where it is committed. If in the view of the referee the foul is a 'professional' one to sabotage an attack. Draconian,of course, and something that will never happen. But for me its the only solution.

Last edited:
not sure if this belongs here, but it seems an apt place:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ongevity-economic-gravity-mauricio-pochettino

Lots of truth in here about wage structure and handily timed before the next transfer window...

flimflam article, this is the typical pundit/media view of why doesn't everyone roll over and play dead for the "rightful" top clubs ... This is also biased by the delusional view that Spurs "overperformance" is a one or two year thing, but lets be clear, Spurs has been punching above our weight for 6-7 years now, Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, VDV, Walker, etc have all moved on and we got fudging better. Fact is, everyone is raving about City, lets talk when they beat RM/Barca/PSG/big boys in Europe, we already have shown we can.

I'll extend my answer by stealing a quote from the comments from AJ understand the thrust of this article, it makes sense. But the same logic can be applied to anything, really. I mean, what is the point in ANYTHING?? Life! There's always going to be someone richer, someone better looking, someone who has more holidays, someone who can eat all the fast food and still look good. What's the bloody point?

flimflam article, this is the typical pundit/media view of why doesn't everyone roll over and play dead for the "rightful" top clubs ... This is also biased by the delusional view that Spurs "overperformance" is a one or two year thing, but lets be clear, Spurs has been punching above our weight for 6-7 years now, Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, VDV, Walker, etc have all moved on and we got fudging better. Fact is, everyone is raving about City, lets talk when they beat RM/Barca/PSG/big boys in Europe, we already have shown we can.

I'll extend my answer by stealing a quote from the comments from AJ understand the thrust of this article, it makes sense. But the same logic can be applied to anything, really. I mean, what is the point in ANYTHING?? Life! There's always going to be someone richer, someone better looking, someone who has more holidays, someone who can eat all the fast food and still look good. What's the bloody point?
That end part is depressing. Might as well get drunk as it's past noon over here....

Back