• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Well of course it would help i just dont think its particularly realistic to expect a signing on the level of established players like Hazard De Bruyne and Sanchez to happen - its kind of pie in the sky dreaming i think tbqh

Bale with the link already there is an interesting one and i certainly wouldn't be against pushing the boat out on wages if we could get him at a reasonable fee but in reality im sure one of the games richest clubs would come in for him and blow us out the water.

The Bale thing entirely relies on the idea that he'd favour us over more money elsewhere because of the previous link - were that not there he wouldn't even be considered a realistic target.

Outside of Bale who would you consider the type of markee signing to step is up to the next level?
Pulisic would be a standout, that type of player that isn’t unrealistic if we loosened the purse strings and would really be a game changer. You are correct that established players aren’t overly realistic with the way we currently operate....

Pulisic would be a standout, that type of player that isn’t unrealistic if we loosened the purse strings and would really be a game changer. You are correct that established players aren’t overly realistic with the way we currently operate....

Hmmm if Pulisic is the type of player you are talking about now then im not sure how that ties in at all with what you have been arguing tbh mate - wasnt you initially saying we need to buy established players instead of prospects? Pulisic has about the same level of top flight experience as Alli, less infact and you were saying a couple of posts back that he couldnt be considered an established player...

Bale is a very special player. I just dont think he is the right player for us. Not at the cost, age, reliability, position or any of it.

I was thinking earlier, where would he best fit in our side? And honestly I think its centre forward, he would take Kanes position. Absolutely no fudging way I would advocate that!

I dont know the market well enough to suggest who. I do agree Pulisic looks a hell of a player and would certainly fit the sort of profile I think we should be looking at.

Bale is a very special player. I just dont think he is the right player for us. Not at the cost, age, reliability, position or any of it.

I was thinking earlier, where would he best fit in our side? And honestly I think its centre forward, he would take Kanes position. Absolutely no fudging way I would advocate that!

I dont know the market well enough to suggest who. I do agree Pulisic looks a hell of a player and would certainly fit the sort of profile I think we should be looking at.

And he would be half bales cost

We have such a strong squad foundation. Sell Sissoko and loan GKN, but then how do we strengthen? There aren’t many players who will take us up a level. Bale is one who would. Of course its unlikely we’ll be able to pull it off, especially if United are interested, but we should register our interest and at worst push up the price for United.

We probably need a dynamic midfielder. Winks, Dembele, Wanyama, Dier are all awesome, but maybe there is room for one more elite level player?

In Jan or over the summer, Sissoko and GKN out, Bale and a CM in if there is a player of the right quality. Rest of the squad doesn’t need anything imo.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Apparently at the club Q&A last night, Poch and Levy's response to a question about Bale gave some impression that it wasn't mere idle rumour.

We have such a strong squad foundation. Sell Sissoko and loan GKN, but then how do we strengthen? There aren’t many players who will take us up a level. Bale is one who would. Of course its unlikely we’ll be able to pull it off, especially if United are interested, but we should register our interest and at worst push up the price for United.

We probably need a dynamic midfielder. Winks, Dembele, Wanyama, Dier are all awesome, but maybe there is room for one more elite level player?

In Jan or over the summer, Sissoko and GKN out, Bale and a CM in if there is a player of the right quality. Rest of the squad doesn’t need anything imo.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Strengthening the squad by selling Sissoko and upgrading on him should be easy if we're willing to spend a bit of money. Doesn't have to strengthen our strongest eleven to do that.

Strengthening our squad with a player with the potential to become a future first choice should also be very possible.

That for me is the most plausible route to get us up a level, well, that and developing another academy lad.

Not saying we shouldn't try for a big name marquee Bale type signing. Just that it seems less likely.

Hmmm if Pulisic is the type of player you are talking about now then im not sure how that ties in at all with what you have been arguing tbh mate - wasnt you initially saying we need to buy established players instead of prospects? Pulisic has about the same level of top flight experience as Alli, less infact and you were saying a couple of posts back that he couldnt be considered an established player...
No you’re right, that’s my poor knowledge as I’ve seen him quite a few times but didn’t realise he was so young! In that case none really come to my head if we are talking about realistic choices, but that’s why you need to push the boat out for these players - there aren’t that many of them around that we could prize away realistically and why I like the idea of Bale - we have a potentially realistic chance with him if we loosened the purse strings. I fully appreciate our model, just think to really succeed we might need to do one of these deals every few years....

No you’re right, that’s my poor knowledge as I’ve seen him quite a few times but didn’t realise he was so young! In that case none really come to my head if we are talking about realistic choices, but that’s why you need to push the boat out for these players - there aren’t that many of them around that we could prize away realistically and why I like the idea of Bale - we have a potentially realistic chance with him if we loosened the purse strings. I fully appreciate our model, just think to really succeed we might need to do one of these deals every few years....

The bale deal would cost us around £140/£160M with his salary demands and would also mean offering big increases to most of the squad

If he could stay fit for the duration of his contract then it’s a possible gamble worth taking but his record now is generally awful

Last edited:

I can appreciate that POV tbf i was only disagreeing with the idea that we need a Hazard de Bruyne etc level player to push on - of course better players would do that but so would an extra player or two of the same level as our current crop of starting attacking players - of which i would agree with Pulisic and Mahrez, players of that calibre would certainly go some way to strengthen the squad and give us more options in attack

im sure having shown we are prepared to pay big money for Sanchez and Sissoko recently that deals like those previously mentioned are well within the clubs current transfer approach

The bale deal would cost us around £140/£160M with his salary demands and would also mean offering big increases to most of the squad

If he could stay fit for the duration of his contract then it’s a possible gamble worth taking but his record now is generally awful
Yeah I agree its a gamble with his injuries, for me its one worth taking however its easy for me to say that when its not my money.....

I can appreciate that POV tbf i was only disagreeing with the idea that we need a Hazard de Bruyne etc level player to push on - of course better players would do that but so would an extra player or two of the same level as our current crop of starting attacking players - of which i would agree with Pulisic and Mahrez, players of that calibre would certainly go some way to strengthen the squad and give us more options in attack

im sure having shown we are prepared to pay big money for Sanchez and Sissoko recently that deals like those previously mentioned are well within the clubs current transfer approach
Ive considered whether it is just not having enough quality squad back ups however we've already got Eriksen, Dele, Son and Lamela - thats a good bit of depth in that area already, could argue they havent all been fit together (mainly Lamela) but thats the point of having a squad. Because of the wages we pay Im not sure another similar level player would be happy just to be rotated? Would think it makes more sense to purchase a real top class player that you know is going to be one of first names on team sheet, but clearly would be extremely difficult both to attract and afford such a player - thats why Im saying this sort of purchase to be done once every few years, not a common occurence.....

Ive considered whether it is just not having enough quality squad back ups however we've already got Eriksen, Dele, Son and Lamela - thats a good bit of depth in that area already, could argue they havent all been fit together (mainly Lamela) but thats the point of having a squad. Because of the wages we pay Im not sure another similar level player would be happy just to be rotated? Would think it makes more sense to purchase a real top class player that you know is going to be one of first names on team sheet, but clearly would be extremely difficult both to attract and afford such a player - thats why Im saying this sort of purchase to be done once every few years, not a common occurence.....

We'll have to agree to disagree now i think - i dont think we can realistically improve on our current options in attack, even if we had a lot more money id be surprised if we could sign a guarenteed player better than Eriksen Son or Alli - maybe i just rate these players a lot higher than you do?

If any of those trio were available tomorrow id wager the majority of big clubs in Europe would be giving Levy a ring and thats because these players are top tier or very close to being top tier with scope to improve further and the list of players in Europe better than them will be very small

We'll have to agree to disagree now i think - i dont think we can realistically improve on our current options in attack, even if we had a lot more money id be surprised if we could sign a guarenteed player better than Eriksen Son or Alli - maybe i just rate these players a lot higher than you do?

If any of those trio were available tomorrow id wager the majority of big clubs in Europe would be giving Levy a ring and thats because these players are top tier or very close to being top tier with scope to improve further and the list of players in Europe better than them will be very small
Maybe you do rate them slightly higher than I do - for me they're all just below that top bracket, and as said before I dont know anyone outside of this forum who puts the three mentioned players in that real top bracket.

You say if they were available tomorrow majority of clubs in Europe would be giving Levy a call - If Barca or Madrid wanted them they would have made it known very clearly - Barca even went for Coutinho ahead of Eriksen for example. I do agree there arent a lot better than them, but thats because the level up from our AMs are world class and there are a handful of them hence the fees and wages they would command....

Back