• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

Can't we just sign a sub striker that knows how to score? I don't care what else he is good at, if you keep missing 1-on-1s and chances from 3 yards out, then what phucking good are you?

Just stick it in the net you big ponce. (Poch's team talk I'm 100% sure).

Tbf I miss Bobby and VJ already (and it's not knee-jerking). At least they contributed more to our attacking play.

Not just Llorente. We lacked composure though the team. After conceding we lost our zhit. Alli, Sissoko (tbf a save and goal line clearance), Eriksen, Rose all had a good sight of goal and fuked it. Not one player tonight. The whole team were too frantic when it came to finishing.

I guess this is the problem with being in Kane's shadow.

I honestly belive that Kane is so good, that it's soul destroying for whoever is competing with him. Kinda like Ronaldo at Madrid, yeah you are/could be/were good, but, you'll never be Ronaldo good.

Haven't seen the miss (Twitter vid not working), but have noticed since Dortmund away, his confidence has gone.

I honestly belive that Kane is so good, that it's soul destroying for whoever is competing with him. Kinda like Ronaldo at Madrid, yeah you are/could be/were good, but, you'll never be Ronaldo good.

Haven't seen the miss (Twitter vid not working), but have noticed since Dortmund away, his confidence has gone.
Yeah, I guess Benzema and Bale have been terrible having to play second fiddle to Ronny.

We need to sign forwards who can score when they come on. Or at least do what VJ did which was to positively influence the game (which he did a few times).

One positive is that "the fans" seem to have grown up a little bit and aren't crucifying him the way they did with Soldado and Janssen, I've not seen a single "goal in open play' stat posted yet.

If that twitter vid has been pulled you can see it from around 2:30 in these highlights...

Can't we just sign a sub striker that knows how to score? I don't care what else he is good at, if you keep missing 1-on-1s and chances from 3 yards out, then what phucking good are you?

Just stick it in the net you big ponce. (Poch's team talk I'm 400% sure).

i was thinking that today, Soldado, Janssen and now the ex Juventus and Sevilla World cup winner, what I can't get my head round is he scored a goal every 2 games for swansea. His miss summed up a litany of missed chances but he's got to get off the mark for us soon.

You are not so good, Fernando.
You can’t put the ball into the opposition net
You were 12 million quid Fernando
And you haven’t scored in the Premier League yet.

There was something in the air last night,
The ball, good height, Fernando.
You just couldn’t tap it in oh no
A score draw, oh, Fernando.

Janssen would be getting crucified if he played like Llorente has

That's true, but I think because Llorente scored 15 goals in this league just last season, we are assuming/hopeful that he can knock a few in for us.

Maybe we need to start looking at how good players are from the bench/starting once every 6 games before we sign them for that squad role.

That's true, but I think because Llorente scored 15 goals in this league just last season, we are assuming/hopeful that he can knock a few in for us.

Maybe we need to start looking at how good players are from the bench/starting once every 6 games before we sign them for that squad role.

The expectation on him should be higher though - he is a proven striker and probably on a wage much higher than Janssen was because of that experience and so far looks a worse player.

I'm not personally all that bothered because I realise it's a tough job to be a back up striker coming in for the odd spell here and there but I can't help but notice those who were straight on here slagging Jansenn off at every available opportunity, a young player new to the league/country no less, are suspiciously quiet when it comes to Llorente who for my money hasn't looked any better

Maybe we'd of been better getting Charlie Austin when he was dirt cheap. Or even JD back to come off the bench.

If Kane is gonna do most of the minutes, there is no point being too clever about it.

Back