• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

So IMO Sky are forcing the game to go ahead on NYE even though Spurs/WHU and the Police are saying no chance

That would seem to be the case. If the game were to get moved back to the 30th it would be too late now for Sky to re-arrange another fixture for NYE.
It does beg the question of how a game can be moved for TV purposes without the relevant authorities having agreed it first.
He who pays the piper...

That would seem to be the case. If the game were to get moved back to the 30th it would be too late now for Sky to re-arrange another fixture for NYE.
It does beg the question of how a game can be moved for TV purposes without the relevant authorities having agreed it first.
He who pays the piper...
Sky should be told to fudge off why does there have to be a game on NYE, there isn't one on Xmas eve

To be honest, I'm not bothered about it being on NYE, despite travelling from Leeds. 14:15 is early enough to get home again in time for any celebrations. But given we've all got to make travel arrangements, not making a decision by now, one way or the other, is just taking the pi55 :mad:

Just reading about a monumental fudge up by our ticket office which could explain some of the high away point cut offs this year

Apparently loads of members who changed to a ST year have kept their points rather than starting from zero and Spurs have literally only just realised

They are literally useless

Just reading about a monumental fudge up by our ticket office which could explain some of the high away point cut offs this year

Apparently loads of members who changed to a ST year have kept their points rather than starting from zero and Spurs have literally only just realised

ha ha. You couldn't write stuff like this. My luck too. If I had had enough cash to take up the option, we would have easily got tickets with our LPs

ha ha. You couldn't write stuff like this. My luck too. If I had had enough cash to take up the option, we would have easily got tickets with our LPs

I did take up the option and lost all my loyalty points, otherwise I'd have been front of the queue for away games as well :(

And there was me marvelling at how people could afford to buy a ST and then to build up over 400 loyalty points. And, frankly, where do they find the time?

Re West Ham game - just been made aware that there is a Peter Pan pantomime on at Wembley Arena on Fri 29th and Sat 30th dec starting at 3pm. For this reason I can justifiably understand the police not wanting the match with largest potential for trouble starting at 12:30 (and therefore finishing at exactly the same time as 18000 or so families will be arriving on site); likewise a 3pm KO or 5:30pm also has knock-on effects with people going in/out of arena and overcrowding at Wembley Park.
With this in mind Sunday makes more sense from a safety point of view but can also imagine the police not being thrilled about being over-stretched on NYE. I'm sure Sky are also complicating matters. With little flexibility to move the game to Friday or Monday owing to the tight fixture schedule there's no ideal solution for all parties.

i think it was people who bought the wembley pass that didn't have their points taken away for this season.Can see the WH game being postponed and played at a different time in the season.

Lots of comments on here about how it's Sky's fault. While they're the broadcaster, and they get to request which games they want to show, surely this issue has been caused by the Premier League? Sky don't deal with the police or local authorities.

Spurs know what the restrictions are for this season, and those would/should have been communicated to the Premier League, who should have that information available for discussions before TV games are announced.

Re West Ham game - just been made aware that there is a Peter Pan pantomime on at Wembley Arena on Fri 29th and Sat 30th dec starting at 3pm. For this reason I can justifiably understand the police not wanting the match with largest potential for trouble starting at 12:30 (and therefore finishing at exactly the same time as 18000 or so families will be arriving on site); likewise a 3pm KO or 5:30pm also has knock-on effects with people going in/out of arena and overcrowding at Wembley Park.
With this in mind Sunday makes more sense from a safety point of view but can also imagine the police not being thrilled about being over-stretched on NYE. I'm sure Sky are also complicating matters. With little flexibility to move the game to Friday or Monday owing to the tight fixture schedule there's no ideal solution for all parties.
Hold on... I took my Little one to Paw Patrol live at Wembley arena the day we played Juve

The only agro we had was trying to buy a ducking Skye balloon

And of course all the odd looks I got as I hat to hold it walking up Wembley way against the spurs fans heading in

^^I'm sure they did the auditions for X Factor or some such shyte the day of one of our Semis and they have thousands queueing up outside for those (much like Wembley Stadium station post match :rolleyes:)

Back