• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs West Brom *** *** OMT ***

I'd kill for a Hazard, Sanchez, Sane type; that's the missing link for me, someone who can drive at a team with real pace and football smarts.

Agreed. Son has a bit of that in him, but not to the same extent as those guys. He was our MOM today, in my opinion. We could really do with a pacey trickster that could get past people, haha, as could pretty much every team on the planet.

From high up in the stands it was easy to see that West Brom had us worked out, and I think a lot of teams have now. Sit back, let us pass it back and forth, keep your concentration and wait for the inevitable error (and that didn’t take long today).

There is zero dynamism in the team in the league at the moment. Everything is sideways or backwards. And we seem to have a game plan that involves only going for it second half. We effectively wasted the first 45 minutes today.

Oh, and Wembley is an atmosphere vacuum when we are at 0-0 or losing.

We do not have a player capable of attacking from midfield ...and that's it period.
From what I can make out nobody was even having a shot at goal..Lol..
Bring back Gazza...

I believe this result is due to Pochettino not using the squad. Players were off form and tired. Will be interesting seeing the selection vs Leicester.
I agree totally the loss cane down to Poch. We have better players generally including those on the bench.

""And my face was like the emoticon with the big eyes! We are Tottenham, come on!" M Pochettino

The only thing missing was another goal.
No problem with effort shown TBO more the problem playing in Europe in a very tough game then facing a WBA with little ambition other than getting a lucky break and holding on.
Yes they might nicked it but only because we were going for the 3pts.
We lacked creativity and were too predictable.

""And my face was like the emoticon with the big eyes! We are Tottenham, come on!" M Pochettino

So we have 1 chance left of winning anything this year, and that is the FA cup. But we'll probably field a weak side and get knocked out in the first game.
Champions league?

And llorente... What does he do?

We were shocking, no excuses here. The Ref needs a special mention too, probably the worst ref I’ve ever seen. Their keeper was time wasting from about 7 mins in, all through the game. He gets booked after more than 80 mins but was allowed to do this through the whole game. Didn’t even get booked for licking it out of the ball boys hands

For me I will repeat it. Pochettino has to trust the second string more. I know we have been unlucky with injuries to Wanyama and Dembele but Pochettino has to trust Nkoudou more. He will not improve by not getting games.

Having been at the game the predominant theme was the disgraceful time wasting by Ben Foster which really doesn't come across through the Motd highlights but is briefly alluded to on the Sky coverage. Now, is this because we're more conscious of it as fans of the team 'wronged' by the alleged misdemeanour or was it a genuine factor?....of course we were poor too....too many of our attackers were off the pace with poor touch and lack of pace and thrust wide. I couldn't make a case that Foster's behaviour cost us the win but it was a constant and deliberate attempt to delay the restart of play which was only acted upon in the 83rd minute despite Jones waving him to hurry him up from the 14th minute onwards.

I get the fact that when we pay to go and watch a football match we have no ability to dictate the ability, performance of both teams and if someone decides to park the bus and play for a 0-0 thats one thing but I certainly dont pay to watch a goalkeeper take over 30 seconds to place a ball on the 6-yard box, to take refreshment at every opportunity or let a ball bounce off his chest in an attempt to buy some extra seconds. Foster has previous for this against us.

What was more of an issue was that M Jones did nothing about it! Authories are now taking action to stamp out diving having taken retrospective action against Niasse and we'd all agree that diving is a behaviour which brings the game into disripute; likewise the tackle from behind has improved the ability for better players to influence games. Yesterday's gross timewasting is equally an ill that goes completely against the ideals of the game and needs to be looked at - it spoils the game for everyone.

Having been at the game the predominant theme was the disgraceful time wasting by Ben Foster which really doesn't come across through the Motd highlights but is briefly alluded to on the Sky coverage

I certainly dont pay to watch a goalkeeper take over 30 seconds to place a ball on the 6-yard box, to take refreshment at every opportunity or let a ball bounce off his chest in an attempt to buy some extra seconds. Foster has previous for this against us.

Merson said on Sky that Lloris took as long as Foster did, not unreal as he is a booze addled turd

He took between 18 and 32 seconds on every single one of the 14 goal kicks he had yesterday, I know as we counted

Well that was pretty dire. WBA is usually a tough game but regardless of ihow effective they are at what they do, what an absolutely awful brand of football they play.
Their goal set us back and allowed them to go into full park-the -bus mode early on. I sit in the upper tier behind the goal and I can still see that slow motion roll of the ball towards the goal line, thinking it would stop, thinking Loris would somehow realise what was happening and manage to move himself to block it, thinking it would just go wide. Everything about that goal was awful.

And again, we just don’t have that extra something to break down a team that puts 10 players behind the ball. When we weren’t passing it sideways we seemed determined to forge a way through the packed middle ground - and invariably failed. We played so narrow, that they had no problem closing down whichever player was on the ball. It was a game crying out for Dembele and we started to look more effective when he came on.
And we did finally seem to up the tempo and carved out a few chances at least one of which on another day would have sealed the win.

The time wasting was ridiculous. I said after Foster started it that he’d get booked but not until way into the 2nd half. But even then I didn’t think it would take until the 82nd minute or whatever it was. It was mainly Foster but other players too. And what was that with the player who went down “injured”, had treatment on the pitch and then tried to walk off in the longest direction towards the other side of the pitch - despite the ref calling him back and pointing to the side closest. He should have booked for dissent. And then made to wait before being called back into play.

Conceding so early totally disrupted our game plan. We had players off form (tired?). Another bad day at the office. It’s frustrating but not yet time for doom and gloom.

when you have the embarrassment of riches we have against such an inferior team we can’t blame the officials or the opposition tactics

our problem is the likes of eriksen and alli phoning it in

So what the hell do we do on Tuesday? We need the win but cannot possibly keep using the same tired players just a few days later after yesterday's tired performance and then expect them to yet again play a few days later at Watford.

Even after we can write off the Nicosia game we soon have another 3 games in 7 days and that's before the Christmas games have begun.

Loads of these players are tired following so many matches (including those international games) or out of form.

Personally I'd go with two different sides in their entirety in these next two games. We cannot afford more injuries and if continue as we are then we will get more.

We need to trust the squad and use the likes of Foyth, KWP, Nkoudou, Edwards and Llorente from the start. And Lamela too, this nonsense has to stop now. It's time for a hardline approach from Poch. Tell him he's starting and that's it. You are the boss and he's a 25 year old man, not a 13 year old teenage girl with hormones aplenty.

No more hips, babies or drugs.... Just get on the fudging pitch you bellend.

And Lamela too, this nonsense has to stop now. It's time for a hardline approach from Poch. Tell him he's starting and that's it. You are the boss and he's a 25 year old man, not a 13 year old teenage girl with hormones aplenty.

No more hips, babies or drugs.... Just get on the fudging pitch you bellend.

It was the birth of his 1st child yesterday, are you a dad ? if you was you would know why he missed a football game for that reason and quite rightly so

It was the birth of his 1st child yesterday, are you a dad ? if you was you would know why he missed a football game for that reason and quite rightly so

It’s probably the other 50 games he’s missed that’s winding Ajax up, to be fair.

Back