• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United***

Sons mobility and pace will be a worry for united
They love physical and aerial battles for their defence as their old school defenders
Playing a string pass and move game with pace can really hurt them IMO

I'm thinking United will play a more open game today. They will have Herrera set out to mark Eriksen out of the game and to nullify our metronome.

United will think that with that setup, and no Kane, that if they get a goal, we will find it hard to keep with them.

I hope that you are right but I am struggling to think of a single game against a direct rival that Mourinho has had where he has played like that.

Would be good to have Lamela back as another option but since he's been out, we've changed to 3 at the back, and its more or less been a resounding success. I think he's far from guaranteed a starting spot when back, and the team has progressed a lot in the time he's been out. If we have Dier/Dembele or similar in CM, and then Dele, Eriksen and Kane ahead of them, then he doesn't play in our best 11. Obviously with the volume of games he'll get some starts and time off the bench but those I just mentioned are ahead of him, plus Winks and Son will get a lot of game time. He'll nee to (re)prove his worth to the team

It would be good if we got qualification from our Champions League group sorted early and we can give him so time to get match fit in a low pressure game.

Mauricio Pochettino makes three changes from our last Premier League outing against Liverpool last weekend - Serge Aurier, Eric Dier and Moussa Sissoko come in for Kieran Trippier, Davinson Sanchez and Harry Kane

OS order, my guess at set-up:-
Lloris (C)
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Winks
Sissoko - Eriksen - Dele
Son​

Subs:-
Vorm
Rose
Sanchez
Trippier
Dembele
NKoudou
Llorente​

Last edited:
Mauricio Pochettino makes three changes from our last Premier League outing against Liverpool last weekend - Serge Aurier, Eric Dier and Moussa Sissoko come in for Kieran Trippier, Davinson Sanchez and Harry Kane

Interesting. Dier into a back 3, or alongside Winks in CM in a 4-2-3-1?

Four at the back with Sissoko, Alli and Eriksen behind Son?

Hmmm...interesting that Sanchez isn’t back, and that Mourinho has gone with 3 at the back. I don’t think a 4231 works well against a 343, so we’ll see how we do.

Llorente also not playing...maybe the plan is to play the most fluid formation possible and keep Jose guessing. It’s all going to be moot though if they manage to score early and park the bus, so we need to be extra careful...whatever we are doing.

Hmmm...interesting that Sanchez isn’t back, and that Mourinho has gone with 3 at the back. I don’t think a 4231 works well against a 343, so we’ll see how we do.

Llorente also not playing...maybe the plan is to play the most fluid formation possible and keep Jose guessing. It’s all going to be moot though if they manage to score early and park the bus, so we need to be extra careful...whatever we are doing.

It's a good job that United will line up 9-0-1

Interesting that they've gone 3 at the back - have they played that before this season? Not really a normal Mourinho formation though with Valencia and Young as the full/wing-backs, arguably they're better suited to it

Out of interest why is that?

I look at their back 3 and their isn’t a ball player there

Out of interest why is that?

I look at their back 3 and their isn’t a ball player there
I remember a few years ago, Capello compared Phil Jones with Baresi. I seem to remember him being a really big prospect with Verts like charging runs forward and crossfield passes.

I don’t think a 4231 works well against a 343, so we’ll see how we do.

Depends - if you can impose your wide-men on their wing-backs and turn it into a back 5, then I think it can really work. For that though, the wide two in our '3' need to play higher up, almost becoming a 4-3-3.

Agree with the various comments that it feels like Poch might have picked a team with maximum flexibility in mind (e.g. Dier rather than Sanchez, Son rather than Llorente etc) - there's quite a few different ways which we can change things around

Back