• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Sanchez is going to develop into a genuine top drawer centre half based on how he's taken to the Premier League and Champions League with us. Granted he came from a decent club and played in the Europa League final but he could have been forgiven for taking his time adapting to a new team, system, league and manager. He's made it all look easy. Money well spent.

I sit next to a Utd fan at work and he recalls the fact that during the Europa final last season, Utd targeted him and allowed him time on the ball to encourage mistakes when passing it out. His passing looks solid to me.

Without his pace I don't think we'd be doing half as well this season. Toby and Jan simply don't have it in them and neither do Davies & Trippier.

Last edited:
Sanchez is going to develop into a genuine top drawer centre half based on how he's taken to the Premier League and Champions League with us. Granted he came from a decent club and played in the Europa League final but he could have been forgiven for taking his time adapting to a new team, system, league and manager. He's made it all look easy. Money well spent.

I sit next to a Utd fan at work and he recalls the fact that during the Europa final last season, Utd targeted him and allowed him time on the ball to encourage mistakes when passing it out. His passing looks solid to me.

Without his pace I don't think we'd be doing half as well this season. Toby and Jan simply don't have it in them and neither do Davies & Trippier.
I think his passing is very good, from the few times I have seen him do something other than pass sideways to Toby or Jan. I think he is still playing it safe, as he is settling in, but as he gets more comfortable we might get to see quite some range, which would be awesome.

I think his passing is very good, from the few times I have seen him do something other than pass sideways to Toby or Jan. I think he is still playing it safe, as he is settling in, but as he gets more comfortable we might get to see quite some range, which would be awesome.

Quality player, I'm sure he'll give away a penalty soon though as he does like to hustle people off the ball with his strength but that's all part of the learning curve. A lot of people say he's quick, I've seen him beaten for pace quite a few times now. I wouldn't say he's slow but not what I'd call quick, maybe he's one of those players who's quicker over a longer sprint. I know Ronaldo used to be quick but he's 32 now and still burst right past him and opened up a gap for that shot.

I understand that, but what do you think of his passing? Is he still playing it safe? ;)

Said it earlier in the thread but this guy has all the tools to go right to the top. As long as he keeps working at his game he could/will turn out to be world class.

Back