• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

If we ever get everyone back fit and available (Wanyama, Dele, Dembele and even Lamela) do you think he has done enough that Poch would still consider him for some games? Or is he still bottom of the list?

If those players are fit and on form, Sissoko is going to struggle to make the match day squad. I still think that he is a useful player to have though and played very well last night.

Solid game. He and Aurier work very well together.

I thought that they had a good rapport with each other and worked well down the right. Other than the penalty I didn't really see Kroos and Marcelo produce too much to trouble us at the back.

That flick over Marcelo's head was beautiful to watch pity the cross wasn't better at the end, but over all Sissoko is getting better week by week and coming to the sort of form that makes him a regular for France.

That was exactly my thought when he did that. Almost fell off the sofa. And then he did it again!

Sissoko still looks a little scared in front of goal - was a change to shoot near the end - but in midfield and attacking the box he looks a far more sorted player. The combination of fitness, match games and training well presumably. Also Real gave us lots of space. Was amazing how much room there was, compared to say a PL game. We didn't really take advantage of it fully. Space suits Sissoko's game.

Last edited:
If those players are fit and on form, Sissoko is going to struggle to make the match day squad. I still think that he is a useful player to have though and played very well last night.
If Sissoko is fit and on form he'll always be in the match day squad, purely because he offers something different.

If Sissoko is fit and on form he'll always be in the match day squad, purely because he offers something different.

It's probably a pointless discussion because it is a situation that will never arise but I think that a top form Lamela would trump a top form Sissoko for that place.

I thought that they had a good rapport with each other and worked well down the right. Other than the penalty I didn't really see Kroos and Marcelo produce too much to trouble us at the back.

That flick over Marcelo's head was beautiful to watch pity the cross wasn't better at the end, but over all Sissoko is getting better week by week and coming to the sort of form that makes him a regular for France.

The cross was decent, Eriksen checked his run as he was in danger of being offside. If he'd reacted quicker to the cross then he could have scored, there was plenty of room around the back post to slot it in.

I don't think it's unreasonable that a player playing poorly is criticised and a player playing well is complimented.

Sissoko at his best is way, way better than he has been for us, but still a long way from what I consider "Spurs standard". He's the kind of player we would have been happy with 10 years ago, but our bar is so much higher now. I don't expect every player to be a Kane or an Eriksen, but I at least expect them to be as good as Son or Dier. I think he's still a very long way from that standard.

No one had a problem with criticising him when he was playing poorly. It was calling him out as a 3/10 performer when he really wasn't, and people could see objectively that he wasn't as bad as the mob were making out.

No doubt when he started last year with us he was utterly terrible. But he then got a few good games in around Christmas (I'm thinking Burnley, Hull at home, Swansea when he came on) but then he couldn't get back in the side as the team hit ridiculous form in the new year.

This year, he's been pretty damn good. Culminating in last night. It is incredibly harsh to say he isn't Spurs standard after a result like last night when he fully played his part. Yes, he is a physical player. Yes, we played deeper last night. But part of our evolution, and why we've been able to get better results against teams we would usually struggle against is because we've decided to sit deeper and in Toby's words 'play like adults, not children', and when we do this, Sissoko is very well placed to play a seriously important role. That zone, a bit deeper, just right of centre that he was in last night was perfect for him. It's much better than expecting him to be Aaron Lennon pinned to the right wing, and it completely gets the best out of him.

I would disagree somewhat with that. In the form he is in and assuming he continues improving, he would be my first choice for midfield against teams like Pool and City; teams that will take it to us and require us to play more compact and hit them on the break. He is perfectly suited for those kind of games, because he can both close down and start or be the outlet for a quick counterattack. For Burnley-type games Dembele or Winksy would probably be the first choice partnering either Dier or Wanyama.

The cross was decent, Eriksen checked his run as he was in danger of being offside. If he'd reacted quicker to the cross then he could have scored, there was plenty of room around the back post to slot it in.
I was going to say the same (actually, I did say it in a previous post), but I think @camspur was referring to the video where he flicked it over Marcelo's head, rather than the one where he backheeled it to himself.

No one had a problem with criticising him when he was playing poorly. It was calling him out as a 3/10 performer when he really wasn't, and people could see objectively that he wasn't as bad as the mob were making out.

No doubt when he started last year with us he was utterly terrible. But he then got a few good games in around Christmas (I'm thinking Burnley, Hull at home, Swansea when he came on) but then he couldn't get back in the side as the team hit ridiculous form in the new year.

This year, he's been pretty damn good. Culminating in last night. It is incredibly harsh to say he isn't Spurs standard after a result like last night when he fully played his part. Yes, he is a physical player. Yes, we played deeper last night. But part of our evolution, and why we've been able to get better results against teams we would usually struggle against is because we've decided to sit deeper and in Toby's words 'play like adults, not children', and when we do this, Sissoko is very well placed to play a seriously important role. That zone, a bit deeper, just right of centre that he was in last night was perfect for him. It's much better than expecting him to be Aaron Lennon pinned to the right wing, and it completely gets the best out of him.
Think his upturn started by having a full preseason, then the game vs Juve in pre season. Remember quite a few saying looked decent, only to be shot down by the usual suspects. From that final pre season game hes gone from strength to strength....

It's probably a pointless discussion because it is a situation that will never arise but I think that a top form Lamela would trump a top form Sissoko for that place.

47692223.jpg

I like to think I'm a fair judge.

Sissoko has gone from 3/10 to 5/10 to 7/10 which is great to see.

Some of you are so eager to back every player that you started the bar too high and thought he was 5/10 then 7/10 and are now claiming 9/10 which is too much IMO.

Last night he played his best game for us which was very interesting because Eriksen shrank back into his shell and was worse than usual... something about mentality and the big stage.

Note if we were playing 5-3-2 with a midfield 3 of Eriksen Winks Sissoko... Winks was left to fend for himself as Sissoko played right wing a lot.

Back