• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Some Spanish team apparently**

So long as we don't cave, I'll be happy.

With that said, we have looked nervy and hesitant. Eriksen has probably been the most obvious one here, but Winks has given a couple of sideways passes and actually invited the pressure on in doing so.

What a stupid challenge, seems to go to ground a lot. Needs to cut it out.

We've played well though and got in some promising spots, definitely capable of getting another goal. Just such a difference going in level at the break.

Aurier will be a player but he's a complete liability so far. Not a brain cell in that head.

Poch has his work cut out to sort him out. Aurier is Walker on steroids.

Eriksen has been pony so far. Despite scoring last game, his touch seems to have gone to rat sheeiit. Aurier.. defensively..say no more. We got away with it big time until the penalty.

Aurier is such a liability. He is always sliding around. Just no need for that.

We were comfortable. Need to be a bit more brave with the ball. Erkisen has been terrible.

never really noticed but Real really do get every little decision go their way; they are so, so good at manipulating a foul, touch, dive. I thought Aurier was fouled in the lead to their goal but we didnt get anything yet every little touch they get a foul and often a speaking to from the ref.

Gutted about the pen, but 1-1 is probably a fair score. They've had more of the ball, we are dangerous on the break and from crosses. Doing well overall, be great if we can dig out a draw here!

Would have taken that before the game - we looked over awed at first, grew in confidence with the goal but it was always going to be a backs to the wall job with the ref eager to please Real. Disappointing after a mix of good defending / getting away with a few things to concede a pen, although Kroos was in a good position. Would like to see some more poise on the ball as I think we can hurt them on the counter, Winks showing Eriksen how it should be done. Their RB always seems to be an option, if Rose and Son might give us some more mobility and allow Dier to give us more strength in midfield.

Can't complain about 1-1 at half time, but frustrating when we had the lead.

We're doing alright overall I think, though Real look dangerous at times. Need another gear in the second half. Wouldn't mind Son on for Llorente.

THink I must be watching the same as you, Real madrid, champions of England vs Murderer and Rapist XI. The commentary has been so far up Madrid's arse it's unbelievable.

They all are like it. I'm watching Fox Sports and the co-commentator was apoplectic with Vertonghen for getting Ronaldo a yellow.

Nothing to sulk about. We've been pretty good. Pen nothing to complain about. Aurier had to try, but failed. If he hadn't, one of the world's best players would've placed it in the corner. brick happens.

We've been positive overall. Looks like we can snag another goal at least. Looks like real could too though, to be fair.

never really noticed but Real really do get every little decision go their way; they are so, so good at manipulating a foul, touch, dive. I thought Aurier was fouled in the lead to their goal but we didnt get anything yet every little touch they get a foul and often a speaking to from the ref.
totally agree, the ref probably thought Ronaldo actually hit Jan hence the yellow!

Well, much better than expected, even if we were on the ropes for most of it.

I don't blame Aurier for making that challenge - no way to know if Toby was going to come across before Kroos pulled the trigger, and it's a split-second decision anyway. I do blame Aurier for giving it away too easily before that, though - we can't afford that against this sort of opposition. Still, he's new to the team, this is his first year - no judgement here.

Eriksen's been sub-par, though. He seems like the only one overawed by the occasion - others have been nervous (Toby, Jan) but he's been overawed. Winks has been quietly effective, Kane's been unfazed, Sissoko's made some good runs and covered reasonably well for Aurier on the right. Llorente's been...okay, I guess. Hasn't done much, but his presence in the box is making Madrid nervous on the rare occasions we're getting the ball into their half.

We will concede another, though. That much seems nailed on, and we don't have options on the bench to change that. We do, however, have an option to try going for another goal of our own - namely, in Son. A switch with Llorente coming off for Son in the 70-75th minute if we're level or only one down would make a lot of sense.

Whichever way it goes, though, we headed into a half at Madrid level. That is a world away from the last time we were at the Bernabeu, and the lads should take heart from that for the second half. Just...no unnecessary giveaways, please. No Aurier meekly passing infield out wide. No Kane shooting from 60 yards and giving it straight to Madrid from the resulting block.

You can compete on this level, lads. Cooler heads.

It will be tough now, one silly tackle again

Eriksen simply atrocious and all Winks has done is pass it backwards

Back