• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Saw Blade Runner 2049 at the weekend and was very impressed
Some reporters say it is great, some say it is verrrrry slllllowww... did you think it linnnnngerrrrred toooo lonnnnnng on certainnnnnnnnn immmmmages?

I guess you have to eat beforehand

Some reporters say it is great, some say it is verrrrry slllllowww... did you think it linnnnngerrrrred toooo lonnnnnng on certainnnnnnnnn immmmmages?

I guess you have to eat beforehand

Yeah definitely has that feel to it, but then that is quite in keeping with the original - long run time but it didn't feel overly long tbh

Anyone seen the state of Christian Bale recently?

His weight fluctuation ability is second to none!

christian-bale-weight-loss-pills.jpg
4452279100000578-0-image-a-85_1505524613027.jpg

Took my son to Paddington yesterday, really good old fashioned english movie with big cast. Hugh grant by letting his face actually was really good and reminds me of those old rascal actors, plays a perfect bad guy.

Yeah definitely has that feel to it, but then that is quite in keeping with the original - long run time but it didn't feel overly long tbh

I have to disagree. The original blade runner is what made me want to get into the creative industries (although I have only done that to corporate video level... I'm no Ridley Scott). Every shot of the original was timed to perfection, it was literally poitery in motion (picture). Artistically decadent but without doubt narrative driven. Futurism meets art deco in the most complementary of manners. It was a masterpiece but those words do not do it justice... it is Undoubtedly timeless. it was made in 1982 but still stands up today.... Michael Angelo would have been proud.

Now that is big praise. I know. But it was freaking amazing and still is.

The sequel... and I can go on for a long time unessarily about this... although not as unnecessarily as the director saw fit to In certain scene. Anyway it was a indulgent... cliche of futurism that let the fans of the original down.... The fan fiction was better.

Justice League, pretty meh really, didn't like the baddie at all

Gal Gadot though was ding dang doo

I saw it in 3D at the IMAX, and the gratuitous shots of Gal Gadot were worth the price of entry alone!

The film? Meh. Quite literally a poor knock off of the first Avengers.

Some good moments, a bit of fun, but the production issues and studio meddling show very clearly.

No depth to it at all, its effectively just a marketing tool.

I have to disagree. The original blade runner is what made me want to get into the creative industries (although I have only done that to corporate video level... I'm no Ridley Scott). Every shot of the original was timed to perfection, it was literally poitery in motion (picture). Artistically decadent but without doubt narrative driven. Futurism meets art deco in the most complementary of manners. It was a masterpiece but those words do not do it justice... it is Undoubtedly timeless. it was made in 1982 but still stands up today.... Michael Angelo would have been proud.

Now that is big praise. I know. But it was freaking amazing and still is.

The sequel... and I can go on for a long time unessarily about this... although not as unnecessarily as the director saw fit to In certain scene. Anyway it was a indulgent... cliche of futurism that let the fans of the original down.... The fan fiction was better.

I like Scifi a lot - I watched the original blade runner in my 20's a couple of decades after it was released. I appreciated it a lot, especially when comparing it to other films released at that time. However just because it was so groundbreaking the impact of the visuals and setting was largely lost however as so many things since have copied the style and artistry. I thought the story was a little lacking and I appreciated it more than I liked it.

This is the same with many older classics that newer films have been inspired by- for example 2001 Space Odyssey I thought was similar in that everything that was so amazing about the film has been copied so many times that going back to watch it was almost stale. I am not explaining this as well as I would like as I know the films were huge leaps forward its just by the time I saw them they were using all the techniques I had seen many times before.

Did you watch it around the time of the release? if so perhaps this made the impact more forceful.

Did you watch it around the time of the release? if so perhaps this made the impact more forceful.

I think thats the point. With many things there is a "you really had to be there" element to appreciating them fully.

Sometimes its even down to experiencing the political climate at the time to understand the impact of something.

I loved Blade Runner, like you I saw it years after release, and like you there was a certain familiarity to it - but watching it I felt it was clearly the superior effort. Many of those repetitions since really dont come close to the quality of the original. And that quality really does make it stand above, even against modern standards.

Reactions: DTA
Back