• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL ***

Overall, a comfortable win *in the end* - *after* we switched Trippier to the right (allowing him to chalk up an assist for Kane) and set our stall out in a more traditional sense after the tactical experimentation of the first half and the first fifteen minutes of the second half. Big Daddy Kane blew APOEL away after that.

Obviously, it's Harry's match ball, and he's the obvious MoM. But I have to mention Winks here - he was superbly impressive throughout the game, driving our attacks forward, making penetrative runs with and without the ball and dictating the tempo of our passing with contemptuous ease, twirling past the opposition with brilliantly Parker-esque 360 degree turns. :) He really stood out today. Apart from him, Toby had a good game (and grabbed an assist), Sissoko was actually quite good in the second half (and also grabbed a deserved assist and got a deserved song when he came off), Dier, Sanchez, Lloris and Davies all had decent games, Aurier was a bit shaky, and Son was sub-par.

In the end, 3-0, job done, comfortable victory to take home - and one which sets us up nicely for the games against Madrid. We could lose both and still be second heading into the reverse fixtures against Dortmund and this lot, so we're very much in the driving seat now in that respect.

Also, credit to APOEL's fans for making a lot of noise - and that little beardy bloke with the knot on his head seemed like quite a good player.

Yes, but if we draw in Dortmund and beat Apoel at Wembley, that is 10 points. Huge game that to decide everything
Yes, if we get a point in Dortmund and win at home to Apoel, we're guaranteed to go through, as Dortmund can then only get 10 points as well and we are then ahead.

Inswinging pointless except for when he's putting in directly on Son's head about 3 yards out right?

Once. Didn't even result in a goal. His cross from the right, however, did.

But fair enough, I did forget that. Doesn't change the fact that APOEL left the entirety of the left side of the pitch undefended, though - it speaks of the tactical weakness of playing Trippier there.

Even though APOEL are not the toughest team in our group (I hope there is some spirited debate about which league they are the equivalent of), to get this result with 7 missing key players is impressive.

Sissoko has played well but he definitely lacks conviction in his overall play. He lacks the natural self confidence of his team mates. Son, for example, makes several mistakes during a game but picks himself up and creates another chance. In this way he often gets a chance to convert into a goal. Winks has a natural self confidence too, he plays without fear so you can see he is going to be a very good player. Sissoko needs to somehow develop that confidence which will improve his game. Glad that Poch is giving him an extended run in the team.
Will come down to the fans on pitchside, glad to hear he got a song!
By the what did they sing?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Overall, a comfortable win *in the end* - *after* we switched Trippier to the right (allowing him to chalk up an assist for Kane) and set our stall out in a more traditional sense after the tactical experimentation of the first half and the first fifteen minutes of the second half. Big Daddy Kane blew APOEL away after that.

Obviously, it's Harry's match ball, and he's the obvious MoM. But I have to mention Winks here - he was superbly impressive throughout the game, driving our attacks forward, making penetrative runs with and without the ball and dictating the tempo of our passing with contemptuous ease, twirling past the opposition with brilliantly Parker-esque 360 degree turns. :) He really stood out today. Apart from him, Toby had a good game (and grabbed an assist), Sissoko was actually quite good in the second half (and also grabbed a deserved assist and got a deserved song when he came off), Dier, Sanchez, Lloris and Davies all had decent games, Aurier was a bit shaky, and Son was sub-par.

In the end, 3-0, job done, comfortable victory to take home - and one which sets us up nicely for the games against Madrid. We could lose both and still be second heading into the reverse fixtures against Dortmund and this lot, so we're very much in the driving seat now in that respect.

Also, credit to APOEL's fans for making a lot of noise - and that little beardy bloke with the knot on his head seemed like quite a good player.

Cant agree with the bolded bit. I thought that Toby was poor tonight and had one of his worst games in a Spurs shirt. The back line was often shaky and caught out and Toby was beaten to the ball on more than one occasion. On another night it could have cost us dearly. He looked distracted and not his normal rock solid self at all. We really need to get his contract sorted out.

It reminds me of Eriksen's play in the early part of last season. Until we sorted his contract out, he was well out of sorts too.

Come on Levy, if it aint a problem, get is sorted NOW.

Sissoko has played well but he definitely lacks conviction in his overall play. He lacks the natural self confidence of his team mates. Son, for example, makes several mistakes during a game but picks himself up and creates another chance. In this way he often gets a chance to convert into a goal. Winks has a natural self confidence too, he plays without fear so you can see he is going to be a very good player. Sissoko needs to somehow develop that confidence which will improve his game. Glad that Poch is giving him an extended run in the team.

But it is growing. Great run and shot earlier, strong overall play...I like it and am delighted for manager and player!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Our back line was uncharacteristically mediocre. It felt at times that APOEL was winning almost all of the headers from crosses into our box. Not sure whether it was because the back 3 we fielded had never played together in that formation, or some other reason (I'm not much of a football analyst tbh). It's quite telling though that after the 60th min (Llorente on for Surge and reverting to a more familiar back 4 with players in their "correct" position) APOEL hardly created anything. In any case, the stats bear out that our victory was deserved, so no complaints from me.

This - my very first thought when watching twirl and twist 360 degrees was 'this is the second coming of Scotty Parker'.

Then I remembered that Scotty actually works as a coach at Hotspur Way now. Clearly passing on his signature move. :p
I think there was an article last season where Winks said that Parker is his idol or something.

Good result. Spurs didnt need to go up a gear. Good saves by Lloris. Trippier looked far better on the right but had an average game on the left. Solid hattrick for Kane.
The only reason we didn't need to go up a gear was that they were unlucky. They created more than enough chances to get a result.

Hopefully they'll have that bit of luck on their side when they play Dortmund.

Back