• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Booing? Come on!!!!

I was over for Burnley and will be back for Liverpool home and Utd away. Someone has said there was booing after final whistle against Swansea. Is that true? If so, I am absolutely disgusted! Discussion, observation and thoughtful criticism? Fine. But booing? What utter rubbish!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I hope everyone else here's right, and that it was all for Mike Dean, because I heard it on the telly - and I felt more than a bit angry about it.

It's disgraceful. I'll never boo our own players - they never set out to get a draw (or lose for that matte) regardless of who they play.

There was a chorus of boo's at the final whistle - some may have directed it at the ref, but where I was it was directed (I think) at the team. I heard comments like "fudging useless", "should have stayed at home", "what a load of brick" etc. I understand peoples frustration, I was gutted we didn't get a result, especially having been denied two penalties, however I just don't think there is any need for it.

Completely pointless, but bound to happen when nearly 70 thousand people gather, quite a few of them with a few drinks too many in them, unfortunately.

We booed the ref and one of the Swansea players who kept going for Dele throughout the match but, I didn't hear anyone boo the players. The only real criticisms I heard were about us being slow (people were shouting GO! a lot) and Poch not bringing on Dembele or Winks.

Agreed it was directed at the ref not the players....he was fudging brick!
I agree that it would have been for the ref, but how do our players know that? And the commentators, media etc who will always pick up on it and report that it's fans booing their own team performance.

I agree that it would have been for the ref, but how do our players know that? And the commentators, media etc who will always pick up on it and report that it's fans booing their own team performance.

That is correct.
The next morning on Sky Sports News, they mentioned that the team had been booed off.
The media heard the boos and report that it MUST be for the team.
SAD

I imagine it was directed at Poch, for keeping Trippier on the left and 6 defenders on the pitch!

I really like Poch, but the team was slow and stilted throughout, and hamstrung by his selection. The booing meant "play fewer defenders, play one touch, go for it, play a left footer on the left" and also "Gawd sake Swansea at least try to attack" but it is hard to articulate via the medium of boo

Spot on^^^^^^^

Booers should be ejected from the ground!
Was warming to the idea of tar and feathering also. But that maybe a little OTT.

Where I was sitting the complaints were all about our finishing, no comments about the ref that I can remember. Plenty of booing that seemed more about dissatisfaction with the result instead of than being directed at anyone.

Well we can't decide within this thread whom the booing was aimed at.

Generally speaking though, bang on the final whistle indicates discontent at the performance/result. Booing at the ref generally happens as he makes his way torwards the tunnel.

Back