• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

That was my thinking too I'd rather put Eriksen or Dele in a slightly deeper defensive role then bring on an additional attacker when teams are playing like that against us. Fergie often would finish the game with 3 or 4 strikers on the pitch when chasing a goal.
And there's the rub. We don't have three or four strikers!

he has a contract until 2022, if his head is turned and his new people force a move we will get well over 200 mill for him whenever we decide to sell. There is nothing to worry about from the club's point of view.

from his point of view, he is now one of the best players in the PL but is on a long term contract worth 50k a week. Maybe he feels he wants representatives who will negotiate a far better deal on his behalf.

If he continues to play like he did yesterday then we will not get anywhere near £200m for him. I'm disappointed in him. I thought that after missing the Dortmund game midweek, that he would be fresh and eager to make an impression. Seems like the only impression he wanted to make yesterday was in the beaches of a holiday location. We need more and he's capable of delivering far more. He needs to step it up or we need to bench him.

If he continues to play like he did yesterday then we will not get anywhere near £200m for him. I'm disappointed in him. I thought that after missing the Dortmund game midweek, that he would be fresh and eager to make an impression. Seems like the only impression he wanted to make yesterday was in the beaches of a holiday location. We need more and he's capable of delivering far more. He needs to step it up or we need to bench him.

Agree. Right now, that X1 that started v Dortmund should be our first choice line-up, until Wanyama is fit, then we can have a nice selection problem.

Agree. Right now, that X1 that started v Dortmund should be our first choice line-up, until Wanyama is fit, then we can have a nice selection problem.

Definitely this. When Wanyama is back, providing that our results are ok without him then, for me, he starts on the bench. No player has a right for an automatic place. Base the team on training, but mostly on most recent competitive performances.

When I was 20 I was a punk kid and a bit of a dingdonghead, to be quite honest.

Alli is a young man, millionaire, centre of attention having been brought up in a bubble and told how special he is every single day. He is also used to thousands of eyes on him at any given time as he has been a first team regular for years now (since 17?).

Not making excuses for him, just pointing out the reality - is it any surprise if his behaviour isnt always great?

The key is whether or not he learns from it. I think, generally, he has developed after each incident he has had.

Brought up in a bubble? Ok then, but growing up without a dad and then being given away to your mates as a foster because your mother's a state, and the family need you to keep their less talented kids dream alive? If anything, i'd argue it's the reverse, but whatever.

This season he'll learn what it is like to be targeted physically and verbally over and over. He'll be fine and this season will be the making of him as a man.

A little blip in form is just that.

Last edited:
A lot of criticism for dele. TBH I haven't noticed a huge difference between this season and last except now he is not scoring. Even during his purple patch last seaon he often did nothing all game and popped up with a nicely taken goal. Him struggling with his touch and passing is nothing new and I am sure he will hit a few goals and people will forget the anonymous performances.

Look he's very talented and a potential star but all this chat about 200m moves is premature - he has a lot to learn and needs to work on his touch passing and consistency to be seen as a top world talent. Let's see how he goes and not speculate on his mind frame etc

The way the market is going Dele will be valued at 200 mill next summer. Even if he has an average season. He has shown his ability, he is only going to get better, and that's why the lines of Mendes and Raiola are after him to be his agent.

The current criticism of him is unbelievable. His general play is no different to last season. All that is missing is the goals. Why don't people just calm down and show a young talented player some patience and support.

But if we had Son, Eriksen, Dele, Kane and LLorente all on at the same time then that's some good attacking options. If we keep playing teams that park the bus then we need to find a way to get through.
Well we had four of those five all on at the same time for the whole of the match yesterday but still failed to break through. Point being United were able to field four top-class out-and-out strikers.

Bit of a difference imho.

Brought up in a bubble? Ok then, but growing up without a dad and then being given away to your mates as a foster because your mother's a state, and the family need you to keep their less talented kids dream alive? If anything, i'd argue it's the reverse, but whatever.

I described any young footballer at the top level, not even Alli specifically to be quite honest - though it obviously applies.

Ive no doubt he has had his own challenges on top of that, everyone does.

You should have course miss the point entirely and be a bit silly about it though, free country and all that...

I described any young footballer at the top level, not even Alli specifically to be quite honest - though it obviously applies.

Ive no doubt he has had his own challenges on top of that, everyone does.

You should have course miss the point entirely and be a bit silly about it though, free country and all that...

If you described any footballer, sorry for not understanding that in this thread, my bad. Yeah, he has a lot of money now, but if every young footballer grows up in a bubble, that shouldn't make him any different from the rest of them, right?

I'd argue that Alli has had more formative events in his young life than most of the posters on this board, and in my opinion, it's what makes him awesome. The reason I originally posted was because you said 'brought up in a bubble', which I thought was incorrect. Sorry if I was a bit fierce in my post.

he has a contract until 2022, if his head is turned and his new people force a move we will get well over 200 mill for him whenever we decide to sell. There is nothing to worry about from the club's point of view.

from his point of view, he is now one of the best players in the PL but is on a long term contract worth 50k a week. Maybe he feels he wants representatives who will negotiate a far better deal on his behalf.

And at his age, with no true parental guardians and the loud whispers of total and utter clams like Riola promising him gold and foreign opps, I would suggest he is getting distracted. It is no coincidence that he is being offered a double-up bump. And FWIW the fight over when he goes is just starting. His 'reps' would ship him in the summer if they could. The club want this and next season at least. What we don't need is the fudging soap opera. Again, look no further than Kane for how it can be done and can be avoided.

I love Dele, he is incredible, but these some weird days for him and we have to hope they sort out quickly. He doesn't look like he's having fun this season thus far...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If you described any footballer, sorry for not understanding that in this thread, my bad. Yeah, he has a lot of money now, but if every young footballer grows up in a bubble, that shouldn't make him any different from the rest of them, right?

I'd argue that Alli has had more formative events in his young life than most of the posters on this board, and in my opinion, it's what makes him awesome. The reason I originally posted was because you said 'brought up in a bubble', which I thought was incorrect. Sorry if I was a bit fierce in my post.

In many ways he has been. Like every player.

Because he has talent he has been looked after, coddled, made to understand he is better than everyone, adored by thousands, seen by millions on TV, courted by clubs offering money you or I couldnt even comprehend...

All on top of being a young testosterone fuelled boy. As I said, at his age I was a bit of a dingdonghead, I wasnt mature, I wasnt responsible - and I also hadnt grown up in circumstance like his.

Yes, specific to Alli, he has had a hard time. Some of which I can actually empathise with. The over arching point remains though, he is a young man brought up in a way that only feeds the ego (and irresponsibility), so things like this will happen.

My post was actually in defense of him, not attacking him at all.

He is what he is, if people recognise that they understand, rather than go off on the deep end about him.

I don't think his present form dip is permanent and I don't think he should be made a scape goat, however I do think he should be rested. I mentioned concerns with his attitude right at the beginning of the season. Something is wrong, as he doesn't look at all happy. He hasn't been in the thick of goal celebrations and he barely celebrated his own goals. Seems passing strange that this has coincided with a swap of agents.

I think after last year's finish the expectations for the whole team has arisen and Alli isn't exempt. Ironically if we only look at it mathematically he is on pace to have the same production as last year and no one complained about that.

Back