• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I can't believe that people are still debating whether or not he is world class. Of course he is.

He is top scorer in one of the best leagues in the world for two years running. He delivers for the national team, and he delivers in the CL. He scores in big games and against the lesser clubs. He creates chances for teammates, and is regularly involved in other goals; whether it is assisting the assister or getting the assist himself.

Really, what more do the doubters think he has to do to be labelled world class?

I can't believe that people are still debating whether or not he is world class. Of course he is.

He is top scorer in one of the best leagues in the world for two years running. He delivers for the national team, and he delivers in the CL. He scores in big games and against the lesser clubs. He creates chances for teammates, and is regularly involved in other goals; whether it is assisting the assister or getting the assist himself.

Really, what more do the doubters think he has to do to be labelled world class?
Not be English....

I think someone like Roy Keane - who let's face it is brutally honest - thinking Harry is world class begins to show you how respected he is amongst the footballing world. We as fans always think our top players are brilliant, but when the press start eulogising like this you start to think he is. On current form I think Harry would get into any international side, and for me that defines world class. Would he get in a world 11? I don't know but he certainly is in the top 5 strikers in the world at the moment (Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi and Suarez being the others IMHO).

As well as being a great finisher with either foot and his head, I do think that Harry brings something else to the table - he's not the quickest and as a result he has to have a quick brain and he is very strong and doesn't get bullied. I love the fact that he doesn't throw himself at the floor either.

Sorry but if anyone tries to argue that he isn't world class, you're a macaron. The only thing missing from his CV is trophies. Scored more goals this calendar year than Ronaldo ffs!

I think the thing with him is that he is an 8/10 at everything, but 10/10 at nothing.

Hes a funny one. Dribbling? He's ok. Has good close control but rarely beats a player. Pace? Not that quick, not that slow. Shooting? Well, they go in! But its not like you see amazing striking technique. Most of the time he does just enough to get the job done...

Dont get me wrong, I am not complaining at all. I think he is world class, I think hes magic - Im just saying unlike other players with that mantle aside from "he scores" he has no single outstanding quality. He is a package deal, which takes time to understand and then appreciate.

I think the thing with him is that he is an 8/10 at everything, but 10/10 at nothing.

Hes a funny one. Dribbling? He's ok. Has good close control but rarely beats a player. Pace? Not that quick, not that slow. Shooting? Well, they go in! But its not like you see amazing striking technique. Most of the time he does just enough to get the job done...

Dont get me wrong, I am not complaining at all. I think he is world class, I think hes magic - Im just saying unlike other players with that mantle aside from "he scores" he has no single outstanding quality. He is a package deal, which takes time to understand and then appreciate.

Good analysis, although I would say he's a 9/10 finishing wise. He misses his share of chances but all strikers do. He rarely scores with a bullet but he strikes the ball very cleanly and rarely scuffs it like Darren Bent or Welbeck for example.

The only other striker I would take ahead of him in this country is Aguero who definitely is world class along with Kane. I don't really class Sanchez as an out and out striker.

He also strikes me (pun intended) as someone who has worked extremely hard to improve every season and work on all aspects of his game.

His face lets him down a bit. I like the fact he's Harry the family man and not some flash pri!ck with a Bugatti. Also he cost us nothing which in a world of 200m transfers is extremely lucky.

No goals in three August games and the media go mental. Six goals in four games before we're even halfway through September and not a mention of the month they're scored in.

What utter bollox the whole media-hype thing is.
Some of the articles about him this morning, it's like they've never seen him play before.

My thoughts exactly.

The fact that he didn't stand out as amazing at any one thing is what made me unsure as to whether he'd make it at the top level at all. He's not all that big, all that strong, he almost looks clumsy when he takes someone on - the ball invariably comes off the defender at some point in the move. He's not graceful on the ball like Alli, whilst he can score from distance he doesn't hit them like Eriksen, he's not blisteringly quick, etc etc.

Yet pretty much everything he does is effective. He is on target with a ridiculously high proportion of his shots, he keeps posting huge shot per game numbers and we all know about the rate at which he scores.

Back