• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund ***

I said in this thread before the the game that the Dortmund coach for tactically embarrassed in the Europa league final. And he was again tonight. We played ball after ball over their high line and he decided to play on regardless. Way too wedded to his 'philosophy' to make a necessary tactical change.

He'll be back managing mid table dutch teams in a year's time like he was before Ajax took a chance on him.

We should have won this by 5 or 6. But regardless well done Poch on not trying for possession and instead exploiting their weakness. First time i've seen Poch play like this.

Davies MOM tonight, a lot better than usual. Kane and Toby great. Jan good, as were Aurier/Sanchez... Dier and Dembele got the runaround for most of the game, Eriksen was hardly involved for 60 minutes, Son his usual self (not a lot except a sudden goal!)

That was a magnificent performance especially as it came against an excellent side.

When we defended we did it very well, with Dortmund struggling to create many clear cut chances and their goal was offside. Whilst doing this we were very good on the counter. Then when stepping on the gas we pounded them and we should have scored several more goals.

It should really have ended 7-2 to Spurs.

COYS :)

Don't think Sanchez looked shaky at all. He had to deal with some pretty difficult situations, and did the right thing every time.

He really didn't do the right thing every time. One example, he left their CF in behind and then slid desperately and missed the ball. But for Hugo being alert, he'd have cost us a goal. He wasn't great tonight but I wouldn't judge him on that.

Verts and Davies were top class though.

Davies MOM tonight, a lot better than usual. Kane and Toby great. Jan good, as were Aurier/Sanchez... Dier and Dembele got the runaround for most of the game, Eriksen was hardly involved for 60 minutes, Son his usual self (not a lot except a sudden goal!)
I agree with that. Davies didn't put a foot wrong all match. Our front 5 all stepped it up in the 2nd half I thought, Dier and Dembele included, and took the match to them. Eriksen had a great 2nd half as did Kane.

I agree with that. Davies didn't put a foot wrong all match. Our front 5 all stepped it up in the 2nd half I thought, Dier and Dembele included, and took the match to them. Eriksen had a great 2nd half as did Kane.

Agreed. I'm five rows back and had a really good view of his performance in the first half. Time and time again tracked the dangerous off-the-shoulder run of Yarmolenko between him and Jan.

Great intelligence and focus. Best performance in a Spurs shirt and what a stage to have it!

We started higher up the pitch in the 2nd half and started pressing in their half. We totally sat off in the 1st half. Maybe this is how we are going to approach these high press teams going forward. It worked!
In Poch's interview he said they fixed some things at half time... so I'm not sure it was a deliberate plan to sit back in the first half, but he fixed it at half time

I was in the gods tonight and although you watch the game rather than feel involved you really do get a positional view.

My points

That first half was the opposite last year, we had the pressure and got caught so often.

Out of possession our back five shape was great a straight line with one of sanches, davies or Aurelie on the turn... 10 yards higher up the pitch.

Negatives for tomorrow

Back