• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

The first part is right. It was a marketing masterstroke. He stands to earn probably close to 100 million for a sport he had no business being involved in. That is genius. Out of the spotlight he is as level headed as you get and now he is empire building - clothing lines and whiskey are just the start. The exposure he has received in the last few months is priceless and he is smart enough to make use of it.
If he had any sense he'd take out the 'e', stop making that swill, and make a proper drink ;)

Anyone watching the Next Gen this evening?

Fri 1st September

Joshua Buatsi v Bapiste Castegnaro : 6 Rounds Light-Heavyweight
Conor Benn v Kane Baker : 6 Rounds Welterweight
Jake Ball v Joe Sherriff : 10 Rounds Light-Heavyweight
Lawrence Okolie v Blaise Mendouo : 6 Rounds Cruiserweight
Joe Cordina v Jamie Speight: 6 Rounds Super-Featherweight
Ted Cheeseman v Francesco Lezzi : 8 Rnds Super-Welterweight
Felix Cash v Fernando Heredia :6 Rnds Middleweight

NXTGEN. York Hall, London , Sky Sports Action (19:45), Sky Sports Main Event (22:00)

Anyone watching the Next Gen this evening?

Fri 1st September

Joshua Buatsi v Bapiste Castegnaro : 6 Rounds Light-Heavyweight
Conor Benn v Kane Baker : 6 Rounds Welterweight
Jake Ball v Joe Sherriff : 10 Rounds Light-Heavyweight
Lawrence Okolie v Blaise Mendouo : 6 Rounds Cruiserweight
Joe Cordina v Jamie Speight: 6 Rounds Super-Featherweight
Ted Cheeseman v Francesco Lezzi : 8 Rnds Super-Welterweight
Felix Cash v Fernando Heredia :6 Rnds Middleweight

NXTGEN. York Hall, London , Sky Sports Action (19:45), Sky Sports Main Event (22:00)

Ta for this, will have a look while my Mrs is watching some sh1te on the telly.

Not a fan of this Next Gen series. All the fights were around about 1/100 in favour of the Matchroom fighters. I don't see the point, what are the fighters gaining? What can we tell from watching them blast out part time fighters on 2 weeks notice?

Conor Benn is completely average, as soon as he steps up he will be found out. Ohara Davies broke his jaw in sparring, and that says a lot. Buatsi is a decent prospect, and I think he might get streamlined quicker than the others, and Josh Kelly too. Bar them two, I'm yet to see anything to get excited about in the series. Okolie, Cordina and Fowler should all have losses on their records already for disqualification on the Brook/Spence undercard.

If this is all we can expect for free on Sky then there needs to be a big shake up. I never thought I'd say this but boxing, in particular British boxing, needs a Bellew v Cleverley 2 type PPV. Something to put people off showing average fights on a PPV platform.

Not a fan of this Next Gen series. All the fights were around about 1/100 in favour of the Matchroom fighters. I don't see the point, what are the fighters gaining? What can we tell from watching them blast out part time fighters on 2 weeks notice?

Conor Benn is completely average, as soon as he steps up he will be found out. Ohara Davies broke his jaw in sparring, and that says a lot. Buatsi is a decent prospect, and I think he might get streamlined quicker than the others, and Josh Kelly too. Bar them two, I'm yet to see anything to get excited about in the series. Okolie, Cordina and Fowler should all have losses on their records already for disqualification on the Brook/Spence undercard.

If this is all we can expect for free on Sky then there needs to be a big shake up. I never thought I'd say this but boxing, in particular British boxing, needs a Bellew v Cleverley 2 type PPV. Something to put people off showing average fights on a PPV platform.

I have to say, I have my concerns about him. Much the same concerns with Chris Eubank jnr in that both seem to want to be carbon copies of their fathers rather than making their own way. I actually think that he could become a decent fighter but he really does need to develop his own style rather than trying to have a brawl everytime he steps into the ring. Can't comment on the Okolie and Cordina DQ shouts but Fowler was very fortunate not to get that DQ on his record having seen him on the night.

Ohara Davies has the tools but my concern is the rubbish he is involved with outside the ring. Z-listers from essex and the world of reality tv seem to be part of his entourage and it will prove his downfall if he doesn't cut that nonsense out his life.

What an idiot, some people don't learn.

Looking forward to Saturday, fight of the year contender. I'm going for a GGG late stoppage, I think he still has enough to wear Canelo down with his pressing style. I don't think Alvarez at 160lb will change things, lots of sites say that on fight night he's around 175 anyway. Saunders v Monroe and the super 8 earlier as well. Shame I'm out, recording all of it and better not check my phone in the morning.

Just watched GGG v Canelo. I thought GGG won, surprised at the judges call. The judge who called it 118-110 Canelo...that's just bent imo.

Ridiculous, no way you could score that 118-110. I had GGG by 3 or 4 rounds, some were close and Canelo started the rounds well but then gassed out.

I don't really like Canelo, seems to managed. Clearly waited till GGG had got older before taking this fight and claims he's a middleweight then used to always fight at catch weight then balloons up. At middleweight his punching power looks a bit limited.

Anybody watching Parker/Fury?

Scandalous that a heavyweight title fight in Britain doesn't get covered even by any of the pay-tv providers...

Back