• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Riyad Mahrez

There is no chance we are signing Mahrez - we wont pay his wages.

Not just that, but with Liverpool shortly to receive well over £100m for Coutinho, Leicester and any club who Liverpool approach will massively increase their asking price, similar to Southampton and Van Dijk. Wouldnt surprise me for Leicester to demand over £50m, a price which we wouldnt pay

Seems a strange target for Liverpool even if they do lose Coutinho
I think it allows them to play 2 out of 3 of Mane, Salah and Mahrez so not having to change their style of play if they get an injury, suspension or loss of form. Seems a sensible signing for them I’d say, especially if it costs them about a third of the Coutinho fee.

That pace and trickery will absolutely destroy defences.

It's what we are missing massively

Completely re what we're missing. We have 4 decent players for the 3 roles behind Kane but none of them have real pace or ability to dribble past 2 players; when we replace SIssoko or GKN it needs to be with someone one or both of those abilities

Definitley something we are missing but i had it in my mind that they were well stocked for wide forwards but as per another post its only really Mane and Salah there i guess

I think it allows them to play 2 out of 3 of Mane, Salah and Mahrez so not having to change their style of play if they get an injury, suspension or loss of form. Seems a sensible signing for them I’d say, especially if it costs them about a third of the Coutinho fee.
Potentially lose all 3 to the African Cup of Nations every 2 years. Doesn't seem a sensible strategy to me.

Pace and trickery? Aye, right enough. But what Liverpool are really looking for in a stylish midfielder is CHSC.

Competitive Hair Style Capability.

Sharp, clean parts. Consistent fades. Creative use of hair product and combing techniques. All an everyday part of Mahrez' game. Add in the blonde scone now blaring away at the top of his bonce and he's clearly got league-leading potential.

Given the Leicester district's overall lack of high-end hair dressers capable of delivering what Mahrez really needs to give Bobby Firmino a good run, a move to Liverpool might just sufficiently elevate his follicular fashionability to really fire up Firmino in the second half of the season.

I think Mahrez can strike a dead ball as well as Coutinho. Would be gutted if Liverpool got him tbh; we saw his ceiling in the season that Leicester won the league. He is quite a player.

Having said that I think at this time I would prefer Wilfred Zaha simply because of his close control and directness. He offers something we don't have. I would be willing to wait until the Summer to get him as I don't think Palace will sell now. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the Crown jewel we are waiting for.

Back