• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Riyad Mahrez

No-one disputes he had a fantastic season when Leicester won the league.
But to be world class (whether Algerian, Moroccan, English or Chinese) you have to be a top performer for years. He's just not done that yet.

3 years consistent in my book

It's why Hazard fails for his season off

There are many reasons not to go for Maherz but he is available and would come.If Everton can spend 45m we should be able to spend 50.He isn't world class but we are not going to sign world class players.

I think you don't know nothing about football most of you criticising mahrez he won poty of the year wich never Tottenham player won it .he was main man at lecester winning the premiere league if he was English or European you will say he is world class player this is pathetic

Hi Riyad....welcome to GG

I think you don't know nothing about football most of you criticising mahrez he won poty of the year wich never Tottenham player won it .he was main man at lecester winning the premiere league if he was English or European you will say he is world class player this is pathetic

gareth-bale-pfa-player-of-the-year-tottenham_2937103.jpg

Settle down, Riyad. N'golo Kante isn't English or European, but he was recognized as the driving force behind Leicester's success - including by everyone here. There's no bias involved in stating that there are questions over your application or superiority over people like Lamela off the back of a bad year last year, that's all.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, mate. :p

And you can not spell

GO home

I'm amazed anyone doesn't want Mahrez.

I can't think of a player that's better that we could realistically attract - and that offers the exact things we're missing, offensively. Not only is he incredibly skillful and carries a goal threat, but he's got that ability to drive at defences, which no one else can do convincingly in our squad. When we're up against teams that we would traditionally struggle to break down, he'd prove invaluable.

He's also won the League, and he seems a good, genuine guy, who's unlikely to cause an issue, looking at the way he's getting on with playing for Leicester, keeping his mouth shut, and his response to winning POTY:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2016/apr/25/mahrez-wins-pfa-player-of-the-year-award-video

No, he's not 'world class' and will frustrate at times, but if we can add him and a little more pace into the side, we're in business.

I can't think of a player that's better that we could realistically attract - and that offers the exact things we're missing, offensively. Not only is he incredibly skillful and carries a goal threat, but he's got that ability to drive at defences, which no one else can do convincingly in our squad. When we're up against teams that we would traditionally struggle to break down, he'd prove invaluable.

He's also won the League, and he seems a good, genuine guy, who's unlikely to cause an issue, looking at the way he's getting on with playing for Leicester, keeping his mouth shut, and his response to winning POTY:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2016/apr/25/mahrez-wins-pfa-player-of-the-year-award-video

No, he's not 'world class' and will frustrate at times, but if we can add him and a little more pace into the side, we're in business.

I do:cool:

Amazed people forgot how much brick he had to say about Spurs .. he's an asshat, not a good guy ...

His skills are a fit for us, but not much else, like most of Leicester, small minded idiot, he's inconsistent (hid for the vast majority of last season) and will cost a boatload. I'd be concerned if we couldn't find a better player for 50M+

I cant believe people keep buying Townsend.

He would naturally fit in Mahrez' position, so might indicate Mahrez moving on, but bloody hell talk about a downgrade...

I hope Arsenal spunk a load of money on him, he will be another nothing player for them.

He could be great for them, but its the same as always. Wengers buys technical attacking players, all those that particularly like being behind a striker and in off of the flanks. Its like the only player he ever really goes for, and in this area they do have some real quality.

However, another technical AM type is simply not what that team needs. So while he keeps buying them he neglects their weaknesses which continue to then haunt them.

Long may it continue.

Mahrez will do the odd beautiful thing for them but he's never gonna put in a serious shift for them or anyone that hasn't already got a team to support that kind of player.

Back