• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Its a difficult one. IF we have a replacement lined up and all but signed, then you might consider a bid of 50m+. With Rose being injured, and the disunity he created, IF we have a high quality replacement then okay. Otherwise, yes it looks like we are dismantling the team.

I was thinking about the disunity point earlier in the context of Coutinho, but I think it also applies to Rose. I think the key is whether the majority of the squad agree with the player who wants to leave or not. If Liverpool keep Coutinho, in a World Cup year, is Coutinho really going to sulk and refuse to do exactly what he has done for the last couple of years? And are other players going to think 'yeah I hate Liverpool too, bloody bastards!' or are they going to think 'get on with it you prat'. I think they're going to tell him to get on with it, if it ever got that far.

And for Rose, if he's still here, I think he's going to look like the outsider. Most players know they could be earning more money right now if they wanted to take the money, but they are here at least for this year because they are first team starters and know they can develop quickly here before getting a move where they can have the money AND play first team football for a top club, ala Bale. If Rose sticks around, and sulks, it's not going to let any player know something they don't already know, it's just going to make Rose look like a bit of a prat and the odd one out frankly.

In both cases, I think once the transfer window closes the players in question don't let it get to that point anyway. But in the case of Rose, he deserves Poch punishing him a bit and most players would understand why.

Whilst i don't condone his behaviour, I am surprised at the amount of people happy to see him rot in the reserves or kicked out of the club altogether.

He might have had his issues with fans in the past and this story is of course far from sensible, but he has, for me, been one of our best players these past two seasons or so. Certainly one of the most improved, and perhaps most importantly, one of the most influential in the way we play.

I can't therefore fathom how people find it so easy to just dismiss him and not think about the consequences, rather than try to at least get to the bottom of this and solve it for the good of both parties.
He is a VERY good player and VERY important to us. Davies has improved but still isn't up to Rose's standards.
I can't think of too many players we could realistically approach that would strengthen us in this position should Rose go.
Then there's the very good chance that if Rose leaves it'll be to a direct rival, so we not only weaken but strengthen someone else!!

Lastly, there's the bigger picture here that it sends out a message to the squad that, should you want to move, just tinkle Poch off with something silly and trivial and sooner or later you'll get your wish. It's a route that could easily be followed by the likes of Alli / Dier / Toby.

We really must not sell Rose this window under any circumstances. Apart from being the best left back in the club, and probably the Premier League, this would send out a message to both our current players and other clubs wanting to buy that if a player adjitates enough then we will sell him. We cannot afford to be seen as a selling club otherwise Kane, Alli, Toby, Lloris etc will also be quickly out the door.

If he never played for us again, would people truly care?
If he does play will he be well received?

I'm undecided.

I would care because he is a great player and I enjoy watching the team play with him in it - my preference is that the club and the player work things out between them and we move on.
I would care for a couple of days and then be happy when he gets wrongfully sent off in his first big-money match for a cash-injected soulless club.

I would care because he is a great player and I enjoy watching the team play with him in it - my preference is that the club and the player work things out between them and we move on.

I would care for a couple of days and then be happy when he gets wrongfully sent off in his first big-money match for a cash-injected soulless club.

Two good examples.

And part of me agrees with both!

This would be the best outcome imo. But I do worry that even if that happens, there will be a lot of flak thrown in his direction when he does play. Which given his comments about not forgetting the reaction of (some) fans towards him in the past, doesn't augur too well.
If things are worked out, then I'd hope he'd understand why there might be unhappiness at what he did/said and would want to work that bit harder to 'make amends'.
Equally, I'd hope all our fans can accept that if Poch takes him back into the fold, then he (Rose) should be fully supported

If things are worked out, then I'd hope he'd understand why there might be unhappiness at what he did/said and would want to work that bit harder to 'make amends'.

I would not hold your breath, he would probably have to google how he could do that.

Equally, I'd hope all our fans can accept that if Poch takes him back into the fold, then he (Rose) should be fully supported

I agree with that.

Whilst i don't condone his behaviour, I am surprised at the amount of people happy to see him rot in the reserves or kicked out of the club altogether.

He might have had his issues with fans in the past and this story is of course far from sensible, but he has, for me, been one of our best players these past two seasons or so. Certainly one of the most improved, and perhaps most importantly, one of the most influential in the way we play.

I can't therefore fathom how people find it so easy to just dismiss him and not think about the consequences, rather than try to at least get to the bottom of this and solve it for the good of both parties.
He is a VERY good player and VERY important to us. Davies has improved but still isn't up to Rose's standards.
I can't think of too many players we could realistically approach that would strengthen us in this position should Rose go.
Then there's the very good chance that if Rose leaves it'll be to a direct rival, so we not only weaken but strengthen someone else!!

Lastly, there's the bigger picture here that it sends out a message to the squad that, should you want to move, just tinkle Poch off with something silly and trivial and sooner or later you'll get your wish. It's a route that could easily be followed by the likes of Alli / Dier / Toby.

Totally agree.

It makes no sense whatsoever to let him rot in the reserves. Can anyone think of a practical example when this scenario has benefitted a club?

Davies has definitely shown himself to be more than capable, but does anyone seriously, honestly believe he is superior to Rose? It's not even close for me, and I do rate Davies! Rose is the superior athlete, is better defensively and going forward and most importantly has that certain edge that Alli has. I've posted this many times but I really don't think you can say it enough, you need players like Rose, Alli and Vertonghen when you play the likes of Chelsea, United, Emirates Marketing Project etc. They don't take any brick from the opposition, we've been crying out for players with that type of personality for years!

If Rose was to be sold, who would people like us to replace him with? And how much would said replacement cost in transfer fees and wages? I believe it's better to keep player turnover as low as possible and promote from within, just like in real life rather than bringing in people externally when you already know that he can perform to the level we need him to.

Finally, this hasn't been the most productive transfer window (so far) to say the least. To lose two key players to title rivals would send out the wrong message. I think it's inevitable that the best teams in Europe will cherry pick our best players in the next 5 years if we are not more successful, but lets try and keep this team together for as long as possible otherwise, what's the point of going through the upheaval of knocking down WHL? I'm genuinely worried who will be left by the time the 2018 summer transfer window closes.

We will have the benefit of having fans further away from tneoitch at Wembley which will make it harder for him to hear the abuse

Rose is still a class player and an important one at that

If he is fit and willing we should play him IMO

He has always given 100% if he plays and continues to do so i dont see any problems.Its up to Poch to decide if he wants him around.

The only reason I wouldn't be so bothered about him leaving is the fact we never see him for more than half a season anyway....

This would be the best outcome imo. But I do worry that even if that happens, there will be a lot of flak thrown in his direction when he does play. Which given his comments about not forgetting the reaction of (some) fans towards him in the past, doesn't augur too well.

If he doesn't forget then I think we are entitled to not forget as well. So anybstick he receives he will need to take.
I'm not one for abusing players and Danny won't be getting any from me. I don't like it but I can accept his comments about money , it's world nowadays. What I can't accept is the slight to his team mates with the Google comment. If he was my team mate I'd have a few things to say to him about that.

Back