• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

I saw that in one of the premium bars they had self-pour beer taps with cashless payment. That's the future.
There's a pub/bar in Brno in the Czech Republic (can't remember the name) that has a similar idea.

You start with a credit card swipe at the beginning of the night and your table has a set of taps in the middle. There's a league table of who's drunk the most on a big screen, and as the night goes on, you discover that there's a few more dotted around the country - turns out you're not only competing against the other tables, your bar is competing against all the others (as a whole and as tables).

Quite the experience.

Edit:

Found it -
541a6c8733137605a48352d09de723c7.jpg

Reactions: T-C
Yes, that annoyed me when I went to Wembley last season for CL and the Europa League. The sound from the PA system was painfully loud. Why can't they just let people sit there in peace and quiet before the game? No need to play loud music for an eternity before the game starts. I'm getting old perhaps, but suffering from tinnitus already, it's not ideal for me. If you go to a concert you expect it, but I don't want it at a football match. If people arrive early, let them sit there and have a conversation or read their programme in peace.

When I visited Lilywhite House as a prospective Premium Seat purchaser, the first presentation was sitting (propping one's back-side on a ledge) in a cubicle akin to those toilets in Leicester Square, and lots AND LOTS of techno-music with lies about how quickly you can get to WHL from Liverpool Street.

The salesman - who was somewhat non-plussed when I asked him if he was Australian as every part-sentence rose to a question mark - was taken aback when I answered plainly and quietly his only question ... "What did you think of that?". In essence, I told him I wanted to know about a Football Club, and having all this ancillary pop-tosh was merely an irritant.

I can't believe I was the only one to think that, maybe I'm just the sort to point out that there is a naked Emperor in the room - albeit standing behind the elephant.

I did take up the Premium Seat, as I was >50,000 on the ST list and didn't expect to live that long. As I'm now a ST I wonder what my options are, I'll just have to wait for the right moment to talk to Bruce? or Shelia?

Last edited:
There's a pub/bar in Brno in the Czech Republic (can't remember the name) that has a similar idea.

You start with a credit card swipe at the beginning of the night and your table has a set of taps in the middle. There's a league table of who's drunk the most on a big screen, and as the night goes on, you discover that there's a few more dotted around the country - turns out you're not only competing against the other tables, your bar is competing against all the others (as a whole and as tables).

Quite the experience.

Edit:

Found it -
541a6c8733137605a48352d09de723c7.jpg

I've been to the one in Plzen a couple of times. Dangerous places.

Well it felt a bit less of a foreign place yesterday and (even without the drummer!) there was plenty of chanting but that vast wasteland between the stands and the pitch... I'm beginning empathise with the Spammers and their Olympic Stadium woes now.

20170828_074255.jpg

Well it felt a bit less of a foreign place yesterday and (even without the drummer!) there was plenty of chanting but that vast wasteland between the stands and the pitch... I'm beginning empathise with the Spammers and their Olympic Stadium woes now.
On a positive note, that wasteland is only half the size of what they have at the athletics field.

Don't tell us, tell the TO - they can get hold of him.

PS - did I see your shows at VS yesterday? I was rushing (err ... lumbering) to platform 1.

We're now unbeaten in 1 game in row at Wembley! Happy days!

Maybe Poch should give this a try:

"We know Barry Fry had a problem at Birmingham last season and we know how he fixed it."

Fry famously urinated at all four corners of the St Andrew's pitch to break a gypsy curse he believed had been put on the ground and influenced his side's poor form. Murphy joked that Pochettino should try something similar.

Last edited:
Back