• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Thought he did ok. What exactly did he do wrong yesterday?

Nothing really, none of our lads had what you would call a great game and Sissoko was no better or worse then most of the others. Talking to most of the fans around me and they thought the same.

The problem is he cost so much money some fans can not see past that ( pretty much the same that happened with Lamela during his first season).

I am not for one minute suggesting we should keep him ( that is up to Poch) however the stick he gets from some fans is baised to say the least.

He was on the pitch which seems bad enough for most posters. 1 game in, he did a job but he will be hammered what ever he does. Ironic really we cannot show support for one of our own players when pages were written on the disloyalty shown to the club by Danny Rose.

Well said.

Didnt really do anything wrong that I saw. He beat his man a couple of times and drove forward before laying the ball off to Eriksen/Dele. He is the classic escaped goat....[/QUOTE]

Indeed, there has always got to be one for some fans.

More and more, football is becoming a game of attrition. He's useful in the sense that he can wear and grind on rival players for an hour, giving our skippier subs like Son an easier time driving past and around them. That said, it's a big price to be paying for blunt, coarse instrument.

We know he will never be the most technically gifted player. But if he was playing every week, I think we would see a better player. But that is just not going to happen with us. Somehow he has to find consistency and feel at home, while playing a bit part. I'm sure we'd sell him if we could, but I can't see anyone taking a punt on him. He's a decent player that would do well at somewhere like Everton. But people can't see it. Hell even Paulinho had something once he was in his comfort zone...

A-ha, so it was Levy who wanted Sissoko

Pochettino on Sissoko's performances for Saudi Sportswashing Machine vs Spurs in 2015/16: "I remember. That’s why Daniel was desperate to sign him!"

Just bumping this because quite a few people didn't notice it...

Surprised Everton can't find some value in him, with a Barkley-Sissoko deal. Having been prepared to pay 30m for him a year ago, they could probably get Sissoko for 22m odd now.

Everton just bought Gylfi Sigurdsson for £45m, so there's no way they would cough up anything for Sissoko.

Seriously, I'm no Sissoko fan (who'd have guessed ;)).
We all though must always be mindful that we 'respect' (not sure if thats the correct word) the guy as a Spurs player.
Most of the banta on here from 'no nothings' like myself can get a little OTT with the mickey taking.
Sissoko is infuriating as a Spurs player at times, but he is exactly that 'a Spurs player'.

Back