• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

This really is must watch tv. So many good lines from Magregor. Enjoy
I think maybe one needs to be a part of the Instagram generation to 'get' McGregor. I just don't see the appeal.

He strikes me as the type to enjoy "banter" or some variation on that word and then to try and rhyme things with it. I bet he has some kind of "Keep Calm" poster in his house/caravan.

Dear me, Connor McGregor strutting around like he's Superman. He's only 11 stone. A big boxer would tear his head off and shove it up his ass.

Mind you, Barry McGuigan was always strutting about and talking about being this supreme fighter, this hardman, and he was 9 stone. I could have kicked his nuts in and used him as a broom.

SO the real issue came up this week, Conor gets away with using sexist, racist and homophobic language in the UFC, come into mainstream sport and press and it does not watch.

Eubank Jnr was decent at the weekend, I hate saying that cause I hate him but he was.

Shame he has no power at that weight

Eubank Jnr was decent at the weekend, I hate saying that cause I hate him but he was.

It was hard to really assess his performance, as Abraham throws about 4 punches a round. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the Super Series tournament coming up. I don't like him, nor his old fella, but I hope he gets through to the semi so that Groves can put a schooling on him. As athletic as Eubank is, and as great as his stamina is, he is a bang average boxer. Two jabs and he backs up. Anyone with any ability can beat him, as Saunders proved.

Frampton is fighting this weekend, missed out on tickets but will be watching. Then there is a great fight in the States, Broner v Garcia. I like both boxers, should be a decent fight. Broner back at a weight where he can bang, and Garcia can too.

Can't stand him either. I don't know who is advising him to attempt to be a carbon copy of his Dad in terms of behaviours but it really is not the best advice. Be very interesting to see just how he stands up in this Super Series. Don't really like Groves either but would be quite happy to see him dish out a pasting so that we can hear an end to this IBO World Champion rubbish.

some great action this weekend.

Cormier vs Jones

Broner vs Garcia

Cormier Jones is brilliant. I haven't seen such pure hatred for one another since Eubank Benn. Jones prior to 2 year lay off arguably the greatest UFC has ever seen but lets see after a long lay off and perhaps even no drugs inside of him. Think if it goes late rounds Cormier's wrestling could cause an upset.

Broner Garcia. if this fight was a year ago, garcia would have been easy money. but it appears Broner has been brought down a peg or two by maywether and is really focussed. gone to the middle of nowhere for training. Sneaky feeling Broner may win this one.

I'd love to see Cormier get his win over Jones but I can't see it happening right now.

Any advantage he has in terms of the last 2 years will probably be eaten away by a grueling weight cut, he pretty much had to cheat his way to making weight against Johnson with the towel trick.

I'd love to see Cormier get his win over Jones but I can't see it happening right now.

Any advantage he has in terms of the last 2 years will probably be eaten away by a grueling weight cut, he pretty much had to cheat his way to making weight against Johnson with the towel trick.

yep very true. its a tough one for cormier. he literally is a cruiserweight but is a bit too small for heavyweight yet constant struggle to cut weight for light heavy.

Back