• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Kit is nice, but I liked Under Armour because it was something different. Now we are just like everyone else. But it's all about the £ and $ i guess.

It feels like they got this idea from the NFL. For a long time now the NFL has had fan shirts and Elite ones. But there is a massive difference. The Fan Shirts have iron on Numbers and names etc and a thinner fabric where as the more costly ones have cotton sewn on numbers and names and badges etc.

But these. I cannot see why anyone would need the Elite one. The Fan one is more than good enough.

I think its weird we have shorts that go for home and away. But at least I see in the shop we have the white ones for Europe.

Funny thing is that in this case it's the club badge on the 'elite' version which is completely plastic, vs. the 'stadium' shirt that has a stitched border. Presumably the ones the players will be wearing are designed to be lighter.

This isn't the first time Spurs' have done something like this. The 2008/09 Puma home shirt was sold as fan and player versions. Although I vaguely remember the more expensive version being closer to £75.

I still struggle to believe we live in a world where a football shirt cots £90 and a pair of shorts cost £55 - elite or fudging not!

Inflation? How much was a replica shirt back in the Umbro days of the earlier 90s.

I'm guessing around £35 for the equivalent of the 'stadium' shirt in 1991, which would be £70 now with inflation.

The same as 99% of clothes and probably the same clothes you are wearing. Don't be a hypocrite.

No - Nike are firmly the sweatshop kings of the world. Sports Direct x100

nike-slavery.jpg

just-sew-it.jpg

If that is the real deal then despite being nervous about nike, I have to admit I like all 3 kits and will have to look at geting all 3 kits for the first time in quiet a few seasons!

That's marginally better than the atrocious army splosh camo version that was floating around.

If that came out, then the quietly effective second kit would have been dwarfed by how truly horrible that third one would have been.

For marketing and sales.
What do you mean exactly? It seems to make no sense to me - the fact that they are so similar would surely mean fewer people would buy both. And it doesn't reduce the potential for kit clash against opposing teams, so I can't really see the point of having two such similar kits.

Back