• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

He will sit out a year and move on a free (he is 24 in December) - say he is worth at least £30M to Everton that's how they justify this. He would get a similar wage next year at most places either with a meaty signing on fee or wages. If we got him for £20M and value him at £40M could we be tempted to structure in a way that it is signing on rather than break the wage structure.

*I think he will sit it out and join Emirates Marketing Project next year as they boost their homegrown, replace Delph.

He will sit out a year and move on a free (he is 24 in December) - say he is worth at least £30M to Everton that's how they justify this. He would get a similar wage next year at most places either with a meaty signing on fee or wages. If we got him for £20M and value him at £40M could we be tempted to structure in a way that it is signing on rather than break the wage structure.

*I think he will sit it out and join Emirates Marketing Project next year as they boost their homegrown, replace Delph.

He can probably wave goodbye to a place in the World Cup squad if he decides to see out his contract. If Everton have any balls that is.

He can probably wave goodbye to a place in the World Cup squad if he decides to see out his contract. If Everton have any balls that is.

You make that sound like a bad thing.

With the cynical awarding of this and the 2022 World Cup, there's a fair few folk who have completely given up interest in international football. I'm one.

If I was making the wages these guys make nowadays, I'd rather be off enjoying the summer, shagging fabulous women in glamorous locales than holed up in some Russian football gulag before taking multi-hour flights on dodgy Aeroflot jets to put limb and ligament at risk for the glorification of a megalomaniac, bear-riding despot.

You make that sound like a bad thing.

With the cynical awarding of this and the 2022 World Cup, there's a fair few folk who have completely given up interest in international football. I'm one.

If I was making the wages these guys make nowadays, I'd rather be off enjoying the summer, shagging fabulous women in glamorous locales than holed up in some Russian football gulag before taking multi-hour flights on dodgy Aeroflot jets to put limb and ligament at risk for the glorification of a megalomaniac, bear-riding despot.
Let alone listen to Gareth Southgate saying he hasn't got a magic wand. He's just a well spoken Tim Sherwood.

I,m not sure about us signing Barkley. I suppose you could say a good repllacement for Sisoko who unfortunately runs into trouble literally with his powerful runs.
Barkley is a bit similar to the German player who departed from us. Shouldn't we be aiming higher?
I can,t see any of the big clubs..so called a rock Europe buying him...and that's what we aim to with the new stadium
And style of football we want to achieve .............

Anyway. The dawn of a new era is upon us...CoySpurs.

Beat me too it

Part of the reason I think they are pushing for Walker so hard is because the need some HG players.

iheanacho and clichy are off so they need an increase.

@Bedfordspurs ...
After the closing of the summer transfer window each Premier League club had a deadline of 4pm on 1 September to submit a squad list containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the "Home Grown Player" (HGP) criteria.

The remainder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown. An HGP means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Changes to the squad list of 25 may be made during the period of a transfer window. Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad. For the 2016/17 campaign Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 1995.

Each club squad list is below as well as an additional list of each club’s registered Under-21 players who are eligible over and above the squad limit of 25 players.

@Bedfordspurs ...
After the closing of the summer transfer window each Premier League club had a deadline of 4pm on 1 September to submit a squad list containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the "Home Grown Player" (HGP) criteria.

The remainder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown. An HGP means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Changes to the squad list of 25 may be made during the period of a transfer window. Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad. For the 2016/17 campaign Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 1995.

Each club squad list is below as well as an additional list of each club’s registered Under-21 players who are eligible over and above the squad limit of 25 players.

So each premier league needs 8 home grown players in their squad of 25?

So each premier league needs 8 home grown players in their squad of 25?

That's entirely optional. You can register 17 non home grown. If you want additional players to choose from they either have to be on the U21 list or fill one of the 8 designated spots for home grown. For European competitions four of them must have been at the club for a certain number of years as youth players as well.

Back