• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2016/17

The problem with a LP only based system, is that only those who already have a high number of LP's will increase their LP's. The average member needs to have a chance of getting tickets. Why would you otherwise bother being a member?

Here is the answer to your question :

Lovingly plucked from the pitch after the final whistle on 13 May? Or taken straight from the lawnmower box?

As mentioned, I returned mine after TO rooster-up.

Curious as to where it went, though - and how much money/LPs.

block 4 - row 14 - seat 108
If anyone is thereabouts, you might ask.

I am in a strange situation. I have had two visits to the UK this season and I will be over again. Unfortunately the reason for my visits is to do with family illness. My father is terminally ill and it is not clear how much longer he has left.

I will be arriving in London on Friday morning with my son. At this point we do not know what the situation will be when we arrive. However, if my father is stable, I would like to take my son to the West Ham game. However, it is not clear whether that is doable. I have found some sites indicating that I can purchase tickets, but I don't know how reliable they are. Any thoughts?

I know that the last WHL game is going to be a stretch, but is there a market there as well? I see that StubHub is out.

Obviously, all of this may be thrown out of the window if my father takes a turn for the worse, but given that this trip is going to be far from fun for my son, I'd like to treat him to a game if possible.

How old is your son? I think it will be very hard to get tickets but in your situation I think I'd still go to Tottenham pubs to watch the games. The atmosphere for the United game in particular will spill in to the streets and pubs around the stadium and will be an occasion in itself. Personally I will be in the Bricklayers, pretty much opposite the stadium for both.

Try and do a stadium tour if you can ;)

I am in a strange situation. I have had two visits to the UK this season and I will be over again. Unfortunately the reason for my visits is to do with family illness. My father is terminally ill and it is not clear how much longer he has left.

I will be arriving in London on Friday morning with my son. At this point we do not know what the situation will be when we arrive. However, if my father is stable, I would like to take my son to the West Ham game. However, it is not clear whether that is doable. I have found some sites indicating that I can purchase tickets, but I don't know how reliable they are. Any thoughts?

I know that the last WHL game is going to be a stretch, but is there a market there as well? I see that StubHub is out.

Obviously, all of this may be thrown out of the window if my father takes a turn for the worse, but given that this trip is going to be far from fun for my son, I'd like to treat him to a game if possible.
Sorry to hear about your family situation and hope our beloved Spurs are a crumb of comfort to you and yours.

Anyone received their ticket for West Ham? Cutting it fine with the game on Friday!

By the way, anyone else notice their were a few empty seats yesterday...hopefully genuine late reasons for not being able to make it and not because they were trying to sell the tickets at extortionate prices!

By the way, anyone else notice their were a few empty seats yesterday...hopefully genuine late reasons for not being able to make it and not because they were trying to sell the tickets at extortionate prices!

That's annoying, but it often happens.

Does anyone know if the club released anymore after the balls-up the other week? I spent the three days prior to the game glued to my pc, but not a sniff...

(I was about 7 points short of the cut-off)

The 3 weirdo's in the row behind me were talking about selling their tickets for the United game, somebody had offered them £1,200 for all 3

The 3 weirdo's in the row behind me were talking about selling their tickets for the United game, somebody had offered them £1,200 for all 3

That shows where your loyalties REALLY lie. Are they more interested in a quick buck or Tottenham.

After watching Warrington since 9yrs old before I fell out of love with club, I still regret not going to the last ever match at Wilderspool. It would take an offer of something truly outrageous to consider missing the last match at the old WHL.

Which i get, i shot myself in the foot about 8yrs ago and screwed up payment for my ST renewal and went back to member, so id happily pay the 900 instead of the 50.

When you see ST ticket holders who blatantly get away tickets only to sell on (FV or Profit) as they know there will be a market, it does start to create a monopoly. Its not right that a member with 400PTS has no chance of going to an away game unless his mate who is ST holder gets him a ticket as it creates a chicken and egg situation

I think there should be 400 tickets that are available on a lottery, however when we have 40k season ticket holders. It should be for those ST holders without enough points, rather than current bronze members.
My thoughts on tickets/loyalty points is that a large portion of the tickets should be available to season ticket holders first (say 70 or 80%) with the remainder being held back for members. Loyalty points should be used within each group separately.

Another change that I would implement would be for loyalty points to be added to any member/ST holder that applies for a ticket irrespective of whether they are successful in their application or not. That system wouldn’t unduly punish the ST holders/members who don’t have enough points and create the closed shop that exists a little at the moment.

My thoughts on tickets/loyalty points is that a large portion of the tickets should be available to season ticket holders first (say 70 or 80%) with the remainder being held back for members. Loyalty points should be used within each group separately.

Another change that I would implement would be for loyalty points to be added to any member/ST holder that applies for a ticket irrespective of whether they are successful in their application or not. That system wouldn’t unduly punish the ST holders/members who don’t have enough points and create the closed shop that exists a little at the moment.

I'd like identy checks at away games to prevent people accumulating points by selling on tickets.

I think this is something that the club absolutely has to consider if wants to maintain the current incentives to paying for membership (at least among that proportion of the membership that actively attend matches).

Said this at the start of the season. We are all Spurs and imo being a ST shouldn't just mean its a closed shop on the experience of away tickets. I've seen the reasoning of paying £900 a year as opposed to the £50 a member pays but it doesn't wash with me. ST holders more often than not will pay over the course of a year, rarely all at once and up front and actually If I calculate what I have spent this season as a member on tickets then it would be in that region anyway.

I fully agree that ST holders should get the majority of those away tickets, that is only right and proper. However, I feel 15% should be available to members in a separate ballot again based on loyalty points. That way you are looking after everyone rather than saying that ST holders are more important when they are not. Members and ST Holders are equally important in differing aspects, you need members to keep returning and feel that they are looked after and you need the consistent flow from ST holders that you get with the cost of a ST.

15% in a 3,000 is 450 tickets. I think that is absolutely fair going forward and obviously for a big allocation away at say Man Utd in the FA Cup, that 15% of the allocation would mean say 1,200 tickets for members to experience a proper away day and keep them interested without feeling marginalised and not cared about. I say all this with no axe to grind and it will probably be to my detriment as someone who will get a ST in the new stadium as I wouldn't have enough points for an away ticket starting from scratch and wouldn't be eligible for a members ballot either.

I think this is something that the club absolutely has to consider if wants to maintain the current incentives to paying for membership (at least among that proportion of the membership that actively attend matches).

Might they just say £15 for membership, no ticketing benefits anymore? Would suit me as an overseas member.

Back