• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

We can always hope for complacency to creep into the chelski camp though. They celebrated like they had won it already yesterday! Boro fought for a draw against city afterall.

Talked to a guy at the pub last night who said a tiny bit of him just wanted chelski to seal it, so that we could end the season on a high without the media making a meal out of us not being able to catch them.

Can't say I agree, but if the newspapers go with a bottling story if we aren't catching chelski, then they can go fudge themselves. We've had a fantastic season. Let's keep it going for another four matches!

We can always hope for complacency to creep into the chelski camp though. They celebrated like they had won it already yesterday! Boro fought for a draw against city afterall.

Talked to a guy at the pub last night who said a tiny bit of him just wanted chelski to seal it, so that we could end the season on a high without the media making a meal out of us not being able to catch them.

Can't say I agree, but if the newspapers go with a bottling story if we aren't catching chelski, then they can go fudge themselves. We've had a fantastic season. Let's keep it going for another four matches!
We play the Spammers Friday night. Win that and we close the gap to within one point. They'll then have three whole days before their game in hand against 'Boro Monday night to dwell on it.

As Greavsie once said, it's a funny old game. We can but hope.

Interesting fact, the highest 2nd place total was 89pts (ManU) that year the team that won it also had 89pts (Emirates Marketing Project)......let's hope Chelsea get a couple of draws!

I got into an argument with a chelski fan at the pub last night. He said the reason we didn't top the league instead of them was we had a good starting 11, but a brick bench! I just laughed at him. We've played our full strength first 11 what, 5 times this season? If it all? The reason they lead and not us is them being incredibly lucky with a lack of injuries and not playing in Europe.

I got into an argument with a chelski fan at the pub last night. He said the reason we didn't top the league instead of them was we had a good starting 11, but a brick bench! I just laughed at him. We've played our full strength first 11 what, 5 times this season? If it all? The reason they lead and not us is them being incredibly lucky with a lack of injuries and not playing in Europe.

That's it though

People talk about their squad but they have 14 first team players (plus a lot of kids and old centre backs).their first 11 is as per yesterday's plus William, fabregash and a centre back

They make the same changes every game and whilst being predictable it's effective

It is true, our squad is what has cost us - They have been able to call upon Fabreclam/Willian to change a game if needed yesterday - We have Sissoko and Janssen - our first 11 is outstanding - but the bench is weak.

It is true, our squad is what has cost us - They have been able to call upon Fabreclam/Willian to change a game if needed yesterday - We have Sissoko and Janssen - our first 11 is outstanding - but the bench is weak.

Well, yeah, but only because we've always had a our fair share of injuries. Lamela has been out most of the season. Rose has been out for months now. Kane has been out in relatively lengthy spells two times this season. Vertonghen and Alderweireld have both had their spells on the sideline. Dembele as well. Our best XI haven't played together at all this season due to us having had so many injuries. With everyone fit, we would have more than a decent bench.

Well, yeah, but only because we've always had a our fair share of injuries. Lamela has been out most of the season. Rose has been out for months now. Kane has been out in relatively lengthy spells two times this season. Vertonghen and Alderweireld have both had their spells on the sideline. Dembele as well. Our best XI haven't played together at all this season due to us having had so many injuries. With everyone fit, we would have more than a decent bench.

Pipped me to it by seconds.

That last bit is exactly what I wanted to say. With Lamela,Rose and Winks fit, our bench improves dramatically

Going on the bench yesterday - Lamela/Rose are the only ones missing? - putting Davies on the bench would improve it - but is he really a match changer?

Going on the bench yesterday - Lamela/Rose are the only ones missing? - putting Davies on the bench would improve it - but is he really a match changer?

And Winks. Son is a game changer and would have likely been on the bench, instead of Dembele, had Dembele been fully fit. We do still need more options off the bench though.

People are arguing two different things though. Do we have strength in depth? Yes.

But is it as strong as Chelseas? No....hence why it's a valid argument to say we aren't top of the table because our squad isnt as strong, especially with the extra games we have to play....

Let's say Lamela, had he been fit this season, had started instead of Son. Son's definitely a match changer. And if you write up Fabregas as a match changer, I don't see why Winks couldn't be considered as one, for instance. :)

But yeah, I agree that we could definitely have a stronger bench. I just don't buy that as an argument for us being below chelski. Had they had the amount of injuries we've had this season, and/or we had as few injuries they have had this season, I think we'd top the league.

Surely the point is our "bench players" are starting a lot of games where as their just get the occasional start, they have not been stretched by continual mid week games, it's no coincidence that our form has been great since we dropped out of europe.

We've had a normal amount of injuries - our squad isn't deep enough though to cope with that normal level.

Cheatski have had very few levels so for lucky, though part of the reason for fewer injuries is lack of European football so fewer games and more recovery time

Back