• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham vs Arsenal ***

He jumped / ran toward the ball, both arms in the air.

Handballs are rare, but that was nailed on.

i've only seen it once but I felt that from the ball leaving the boot (of Son was it?) to when it hit sanchez there wasn't enough time for it to have been a considered act

Kinda gutted that the stadium move is happening next season. I think if we were still at the lane we could win the title next season. Moving to Wembley will not help. Then we need a couple of years in the new stadium. Timing isn't great. The team is doing so well now.

That's why if we don't win it this year I can't see us getting as close again for a while.

i've only seen it once but I felt that from the ball leaving the boot (of Son was it?) to when it hit sanchez there wasn't enough time for it to have been a considered act
There is the whole 'arms in an unnatural position' scenario, and his were up and slightly out. There's a reason why many defenders stick their hands behind their backs when defending. Anyway, we didn't need that penalty to comfortable beat those Nomadic Scum.

Kinda gutted that the stadium move is happening next season. I think if we were still at the lane we could win the title next season. Moving to Wembley will not help. Then we need a couple of years in the new stadium. Timing isn't great. The team is doing so well now.

That's why if we don't win it this year I can't see us getting as close again for a while.

We can win it while at Wembley. We can DEFINITELY win it first year in the new ground.

There is the whole 'arms in an unnatural position' scenario, and his were up and slightly out. There's a reason why many defenders stick their hands behind their backs when defending. Anyway, we didn't need that penalty to comfortable beat those Nomadic Scum.

at best that's an advisory or consideration for the ref to help frame their thought process, ultimately the word "deliberate" is still key to the law

The ref had three big decisions to make and bottles two of them, Sanchez pen and not booking the clam for dissent at the free kick.

at best that's an advisory or consideration for the ref to help frame their thought process, ultimately the word "deliberate" is still key to the law
I think it was clearly deliberate.

He's gone to block the ball with his arms in the air making himself bigger. He obviously can't predict where Son will play the ball but he's making sure Son can't play it over his head with the position of his arms.

I agree. These comments on Ferguson's retirement were telling for me

“Retirement? Yes, it crosses my mind sometimes but for no longer than five seconds because I panic a little bit. When we played at Man United, he [Alex Ferguson] came to meet me after the game. I said: ‘Come on, you don’t miss it?’ He says: ‘No.’ He had enough. He goes to every game. But he has horses. I have no horses."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/22/arsene-wenger-arsenal-alex-ferguson-new-season

The solution to this is to buy some goddamn horses, not to wreck your 20-year legacy in an endless slide into failure.

Let's hope he never realizes it, though. ;)

Sky were a disgrace today, last NLD at the Lane and they have Henry and Lampard in the studio with clam face Tyler and Smith commentating!!! Whose doing the last game at the Lane v Utd, scholes and Rio with Neville commentating?

fudging joke

Yep but on the flip side......2-0! :D

I think it was clearly deliberate.

He's gone to block the ball with his arms in the air making himself bigger. He obviously can't predict where Son will play the ball but he's making sure Son can't play it over his head with the position of his arms.

he is, no question, but that doesn't make it a handball as the law is written, to be deliberate it requires a reaction to the path of the played ball

Was flicking through some of the social media stuff. Can anyone tell me if the player behind Son in the pictures of them walking into the ground is Walker-peters?

Sky were a disgrace today, last NLD at the Lane and they have Henry and Lampard in the studio with clam face Tyler and Smith commentating!!! Whose doing the last game at the Lane v Utd, scholes and Rio with Neville commentating?

fudging joke

Whereas Jamie Rednapp was totally eulogising us. He couldn't praise us highly enough.
And I have to say from what I've seen of Lampard so far, he could be a decent pundit.
Smith and Tyler are a disgrace however.

Back