• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Vlad fought like a Mourinho team

Stay solid and take any chance you get

Joshua was km the ropes after the knock down and the atmosphere was gash... but he smelt his chance and took it with three quick chances like a fergie team would do

I had Wlad up a few, think all the Sky lot did too.

Great fight, he's managed to get by one of the two hard fights in the division - I honestly think he sparks everyone else with relative ease. We just have to wait and see what Fury does now.

I had Wlad up a few, think all the Sky lot did too.

Great fight, he's managed to get by one of the two hard fights in the division - I honestly think he sparks everyone else with relative ease. We just have to wait and see what Fury does now.

I had Wlad widely ahead, although the multiple knockdowns in the 11th would've brought it much closer, had it continued. Those 2 judges are the only analysts I heard of in the coverage that had Joshua winning. Sky's analysts and the others that they quoted all had Wlad ahead IIRC.

I don't want to see any more flimflam mismatches against Molina types. His next few opponents have to come from Wilder, Fury & Parker (or Wlad if he exercises the clause, which personally I don't think he should). Dave Coldwell said on Sky how much Wilder & Fury will fancy their respective chances against Joshua now, albeit for different reasons. Could be very interesting from here on in if all concerned agree to come together...

Last edited:
klitschko let his game plan get in the way of finishing Joshua imo. He was lean, ready to pace himself, if Joshua did what Fury did - move about so much he couldn't land. He went in ready to take his time, and patiently out-box Joshua.

Ironic as I thought Joshua might be the one who lacked raw aggression. Far from it, the older man lacked ruthlessness, and didn't unload and finish Joshua when he was out on his feet. All credit to Joshua for staying out the way and hanging in for a few rounds, but Wlad needed to smell blood, unload and finish the fight.

Cracking contest. Joshua has arrived. Massive win for him.

I think that he's not mentally fit

Ok. I hope he recovers, it would make a fascinating contest...

That said, I'd actually rather see Joshua fight Wilder next. I get the feeling that Joshua sees Fury as something of an easy touch. Wlad was within an inch of stopping Joshua, and Wilder is on a similar level to Wlad power-wise, whereas Fury doesn't possess quite that same threat. Fury-AJ would be interesting, but Wilder would be the more dangerous assignment IMO.

I think Wilder could cause AJ lot's of problems. Although I imagine he has learnt a brickload about himself as a boxer after this weekend. Where he needs to improve dramatically, but also the confidence that he can come back after essentially being dead on his feet for about two rounds.

Was an epic fight. As someone mentioned earlier, like something out of a Rocky movie.

I think Wilder could cause AJ lot's of problems.

Agreed. And I suspect that AJ & Hearn share this thinking. It wasn't Wilder's name AJ was calling after the fight, despite him being the other premier belt holder AND the fact that he was there....

I think I heard that Ortiz is one of the mandatorys for AJ now....another assignment that I think they'll view as too dangerous (even though I think he's now promoted by Hearn, so it should be easy to make). It wouldn't surprise me if AJ's next outing is another mismatch, as they try to build towards a Fury showdown. Call me cynical, and I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen far too much of this kind of thing from boxing promoters over the years.

Arena wise where does AJ go next, he cant fight any mismatches at Wembley, he will have to go back to the O2

True, but then wembley wouldn't become a regular thing anyway, they'd save that for the mega events.

Maybe Manchester, if it was a lower key event (ie a mismatch)? There's also talk of him fighting in Nigeria.

Wilder wants nothing to do with AJ, has been calling out Bellew instead, as has Parker.

Would help both of their profiles if either fought and beat Bellew in England before a fight with AJ.

Last edited:
Wilder wants nothing to do with AJ, has been calling out Bellew instead, as has Parker.

Would help both of their profiles if either fought and beat Bellew in England before a fight with AJ.

You could be right actually, I hadn't considered it from that angle, but now you mention it I did find it slightly strange when Wilder seemed to indicate that he wanted other fights first. Very unlikely to happen in the short term then, if they'd both prefer to avoid each other...

Bellew has no place in the title picture IMHO. I'd rather see him rematch Haye, which surely if he is to fight on he's (at least morally) obliged to do, considering the nature of the first fight's outcome and that he promised to do as much beforehand.

Back