• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Yes, in the first half. In the secind half they steadily exposed us more and more. I know we were with Toby and Rose, but there were a few 2s on 1s for them going forward often it seemed

They had one chance in the first half and 3 in the second half form memory but no one else could play at that level other than us

They had one chance in the first half and 3 in the second half form memory but no one else could play at that level other than us

Compare that to how dominant territoriality and physically we were at WHL when we matched them man for man in terms of defensive and midfield formation....

Compare that to how dominant territoriality and physically we were at WHL when we matched them man for man in terms of defensive and midfield formation....

But we did have a full strength side out that day and didn't at their ground missing two massive players and also having played champions league earlier in the week

But we did have a full strength side out that day and didn't at their ground missing two massive players and also having played champions league earlier in the week

That's my point; we wouldn't have had full-strength: no Rose. Rose AND Walker were key to our territorial advantage in the win at WHL. It's one thing to 'turn up', 'play well'...it another to do that through having all the correct pieces in the correct places to tactically give us an advantage and also play well

That's my point; we wouldn't have had full-strength: no Rose. Rose AND Walker were key to our territorial advantage in the win at WHL. It's one thing to 'turn up', 'play well'...it another to do that through having all the correct pieces in the correct places to tactically give us an advantage and also play well

Yeah but your original commengt was against the 4-2-3-1 being easier for Chelsea and ref to whenwe played it at their ground

I said we were the better side there IMO and we were severely weakened then too

When we beat them at WHL where we have beaten everyone pretty much we had a full strength side and played 3-4-3. Chelsea away may have been different too if we had a Full strength side even playing 4-2-3-1

Yeah but your original commengt was against the 4-2-3-1 being easier for Chelsea and ref to whenwe played it at their ground

I said we were the better side there IMO and we were severely weakened then too

When we beat them at WHL where we have beaten everyone pretty much we had a full strength side and played 3-4-3. Chelsea away may have been different too if we had a Full strength side even playing 4-2-3-1

I think we would have given ourself the best chance at Stamfird Bridge if we had Rose and Toby. However i still think we would have ultimately not prevailed because their formation usually prevails against teams playing 4-2-3-1; it's why Poch played the 3-4-3 at WHL

I think we would have given ourself the best chance at Stamfird Bridge if we had Rose and Toby. However i still think we would have ultimately not prevailed because their formation usually prevails against teams playing 4-2-3-1; it's why Poch played the 3-4-3 at WHL

Maybe, who knows

Wat I do know is that by having a left back on the pitch would have helped massively in that formation a swimmer got caught coming central and left space for Moses to score

Similarly with Toby at centre back he may have been wise enough to stop Pedro's shot in the first place

We will never know now

Maybe, who knows

Wat I do know is that by having a left back on the pitch would have helped massively in that formation a swimmer got caught coming central and left space for Moses to score

Similarly with Toby at centre back he may have been wise enough to stop Pedro's shot in the first place

We will never know now

True

Thought he had a very good game today.
He has settled into the role very well in Rose's absence and is getting better all the time.
He could easily be first choice LB for a number of clubs.

Him and Erisken had some thing going on for the corners

Couldn't work it out but it seemed planned

And he was solid as usual today and didn't let us down one bit. He also dropped in to cover centre back a few times and did that really well

Him and Erisken had some thing going on for the corners

Couldn't work it out but it seemed planned

And he was solid as usual today and didn't let us down one bit. He also dropped in to cover centre back a few times and did that really well

I assumed it was to draw one of their defenders out in case we played it short, although not sure it was all that effective if it was the plan.

I thought he looked like what he is today - an acceptable left back for club just into the top half of the PL however not someone who would be in the best half dozens LBs in the league. Mind you, it doesnt help him that Rose is so good that he is always going to look inferior

He's an excellent back-up LB, and probably the best back-up LB in the PL(?), but not good enough to be first choice. Hope he and Rose stay for many years as its a position which we dont need to worry about

Back