• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Not sure the undercard on Saturday is that great really

Standard Eddie Hearn card really:

upload_2017-4-27_14-25-59.png

Wlad coming off of 18 months out of the ring, Joshua is a big lad and Wlad couldn't lean on Fury at all so not sure a young and quick AJ will let him dictate the pace.

AJ isn't the perfect fighter Sky want you to think he is, he can probably spark out most Heavies sure but he has zero head movement and the jury is still out on the chin... if Wlad lands anything clean on him it could be very interesting.

I believe this is Wlads retirement fight win or lose, can't see him earning more than this against anyone else in the division, Vegas won't pay the big bucks to have him over there and Wembley in the UK is as big as it gets.

Also going by the "build up" I'm goingt o say this has done some big PPV numbers.

Not sure the undercard on Saturday is that great really

Josh Kelly is fighting in his 2nd pro bout, trained by Adam Booth and he looks an exceptional talent but apparently lacks the dedication that is required to make it at the top level. He's opening the show I think.

The undercard is shocking really. Quigg and Campbell both got opponents announced, then the next day they magically appeared in the top 10 rankings of governing bodies. It reeks of Hearn skulduggery.

As for the main event, I'm leaning towards Wlad winning by KO. I think Femi is starting to believe his own hype. Wlad is superior in almost all areas bar combinations. One punch concussive power, Wlad is proven to possess against high level opponents, as proven against Pulev. The low left hook is a punch Joshua is susceptible to. The only question mark is whether Klitshcko had a one off against Fury, and whether ring rust will be a factor.

Apparently Femi has been iced by a lot of sparring partners. So many stories are circulating that there must be some credence to them.

Josh Kelly is fighting in his 2nd pro bout, trained by Adam Booth and he looks an exceptional talent but apparently lacks the dedication that is required to make it at the top level. He's opening the show I think.

The undercard is shocking really. Quigg and Campbell both got opponents announced, then the next day they magically appeared in the top 10 rankings of governing bodies. It reeks of Hearn skulduggery.

As for the main event, I'm leaning towards Wlad winning by KO. I think Femi is starting to believe his own hype. Wlad is superior in almost all areas bar combinations. One punch concussive power, Wlad is proven to possess against high level opponents, as proven against Pulev. The low left hook is a punch Joshua is susceptible to. The only question mark is whether Klitshcko had a one off against Fury, and whether ring rust will be a factor.

Apparently Femi has been iced by a lot of sparring partners. So many stories are circulating that there must be some credence to them.

One of them is from Price, so calling flimflam on that one at least!

Ok, I'm picking this:

Joshua early in the 4th. He won't let Vlad ruin the fight by hugging and will punch from the inside out.

This is basically Spurs v Chelsea.

Newcomer doing things the right way up against the one that's been boring their way to wins for a decade.

Wlad just waiting for the moment when Joshua gets to excited and charges forward too exposed. Wlad will hit him and Joshua will go down.

Back