• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vintage Spurs Shirts

Hatman

Fraizer Campbell
Afternoon all,

I am looking to buy a retro Spurs shirt. Preferably pre 80s.

Anyone know any good websites? I went on amazon and it was rubbish....

I've always been a Hummel Holsten man myself. Nothing defining Pride of North London like a German beer sponsor and zany Danish chevrons.

CoUHB4TXgAEEk4o.jpg

Yet I find it rather baffling that the version of this retro shirt Spurs sell in-house doesn't include the Hummel logo or the proper zany Danish chevrons.

3836484f4d45_01.jpg

Other shirts they offer include the brand logos of Umbro or Admiral. Very odd.

Yet I find it rather baffling that the version of this retro shirt Spurs sell in-house doesn't include the Hummel logo or the proper zany Danish chevrons.

3836484f4d45_01.jpg

Other shirts they offer include the brand logos of Umbro or Admiral. Very odd.

Previously the Umbro and Admiral style shirts have been sold without the original manufacturers logos.

It just means that the club and/or original shirt maker haven't been paid a licensing fee.

It means that the replica shirt is not made by Hummel, and therefore can't have Hummel's name and trademark chevrons on it.

Yes, of course. We understand the what and the how of the matter.

What needs answering is why? Why not have Hummel on board - still going strong in the apparel biz - and why produce such a lame copy? If you're a proper enough Spurs fan to be interested in this shirt, then those sort of details will not have gone unnoticed.

I can't hit crosses and free kicks in the proper Glen Hoddle manner without my chevrons.

Yes, of course. We understand the what and the how of the matter.

What needs answering is why? Why not have Hummel on board - still going strong in the apparel biz - and why produce such a lame copy? If you're a proper enough Spurs fan to be interested in this shirt, then those sort of details will not have gone unnoticed.

I can't hit crosses and free kicks in the proper Glen Hoddle manner without my chevrons.

I suggest a ten episode investigative podcast.

The definitive source for all things retro in football is The Old Fashioned Football Shirt Co. TOFFS for short. www.toffs.com

Quality is unmatched, peerless eye for detail and accuracy. They've got 47 different vintage shirts on offer. Given that we play Chelsea soon in the FA Cup semi, here's one to consider. We won the '67 Cup against Chelsea looking the business in this spiffy number.

1640.jpg

Tottenham 1967 FA Cup Winners Retro Football Shirt. The first ever all-London Cup Final was a little too easy for Tottenham, having come into the game brimful of confidence - undefeated since January of that year and the young Chelsea side being a bit over-awed by the occasion. Goals from Jimmy Robertson and Frank Saul earned Spurs a 2-1 victory over the Kings Road Blues. Dave Mackay tasted FA Cup victory for a third time under the stewardship of Bill Nicholson following victories in 1961 and 1962.

The definitive source for all things retro in football is The Old Fashioned Football Shirt Co. TOFFS for short. www.toffs.com

Quality is unmatched, peerless eye for detail and accuracy. They've got 47 different vintage shirts on offer. Given that we play Chelsea soon in the FA Cup semi, here's one to consider. We won the '67 Cup against Chelsea looking the business in this spiffy number.

1640.jpg

Tottenham 1967 FA Cup Winners Retro Football Shirt. The first ever all-London Cup Final was a little too easy for Tottenham, having come into the game brimful of confidence - undefeated since January of that year and the young Chelsea side being a bit over-awed by the occasion. Goals from Jimmy Robertson and Frank Saul earned Spurs a 2-1 victory over the Kings Road Blues. Dave Mackay tasted FA Cup victory for a third time under the stewardship of Bill Nicholson following victories in 1961 and 1962.

That was the first final i went to, just had a look its on for 35 pound going to have to get that.

Back