• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

From a direct rival he absolutely will turn down any likely offer we'd receive.

Yes we can live in a fantasy world and say ''well what if City offer 120m'' but we both know that won't be happening.

If someone thinks Levy would sell Danny Rose to Emirates Marketing Project for 50m in this new dawning for the Club, then they need to show me the register that states they are sane.

When we sold Modric to Madrid, I think there was only a £7m difference between what they offered and Chelsea.

It won't be £50m, but £70m + for a left back will have Levy thinking about it...

I doubt there is a player that at the "right price" will not leave.
It would be very naive to kid ourselves otherwise.

Every players has a price and that's true for every player at any club... it would be a crazy number for some players yet eventually someone will pay it

£50m for Rose is amazing money for a full back. I rate him that just highly that I'd prefer not to sell even fir that money but I'd understand (and be gutted actually) if we did. However it does look like bulsbrick as some papers were saying £30m before he got injured IIRC

I'm not convinced. We were starting to get somewhere and then Berbatov went, then we had a great team a few years later and Modric went. Then Bale, admittedly for a world record fee.

Danny Rose, albeit a great left back, no brainier if the price is right.

Very very different era... those sides were not competing for the title and those sides had maybe this eokayers named as genuine top drawer talents. We now have many players who are the best in the league in their positions which we haven't had since 87 and probably earlier

Oh and of course we won't sell key players until ten new deal is done for the new ground sponsorship as it's a egatuve to do so IMO

Selling Rose would a monumental mistake by the club almost irrespective of the fee. Getting a good fee is all well and good, but in this case money should not be the reason to sell him. There are other far better reasons not to sell IMO and the main one is that we would throw away any real chance of a title by doing so. He is one of a bunch of almost irreplaceable players in our team, and loosing any one of them would almost certainly drop us back a few places in the table. Sure he is not the only key player in the team, but to put together a title winning side all the jigsaw pieces must fit perfectly. And we are close, so very very close to doing that. To dismantle any part the team now would be one of the biggest mistakes the club has ever made.

Sure there is probably some ridiculous price that might tempt us to sell him, but if it happens it will be that. A absolutely ridiculous price.

Last edited:
When we sold Modric to Madrid, I think there was only a £7m difference between what they offered and Chelsea.

It won't be £50m, but £70m + for a left back will have Levy thinking about it...

Only if Poch sanctions it...and he won't have done so would be my guess.

I think if Levy ever sells a player that Poch has not agreed to sell, you will see the manager quit immediately and the immediate future of the club go down a drain.

The manager is in charge right now, and Levy is not a fool. He knows that in so many senses Pochettino is the man who is making things happen. He knows that to tinkle him off right now would be a massive, massive error that would leave him swimming in a financial mess.

Last edited:
Are you a casual Spurs fan?

Genuinely no offence but you sound like one.
Took the words out of my mouth. It looks like @spitshine is clueless to how Levy operates.

And not just Levy, but most well-run clubs, regardless of they're big clubs or not. None of them sell their star players if said players do not get their heads turned and agitate for a move. Only teams that sell their best players when someone waves a bucket of shekels at them are those that are badly managed and in financial trouble and we're certainly not in that category.

Only if Poch sanctions it...and he won't.
I think it's pretty certain what the club will do. That part I'm not worried about. What we don't know is whether Danny's head can get turned. Based on what he's said publicly it probably won't, but you neeever know.

I'm old enough to be your dad. I've seen enough. Unfortunately, fly by nights like yourself clearly live in a fantasy world. Shame really.

Why is it a shame? The world of football is a fantasy and have very little to do with reality, a dreamfactory. People who have realised that cannot be in shame.

I would be gutted if he was to sign for City he's continued improvement over the last few years has been remarkable.

Sad truth is I think as a business if City came in with anything over 60m it wouldnt surprise me if we sold, remember we bought the kid for 1m from Leeds.

I couldnt agree more with what others have said about he's impossible to replace and how we our so close to having a real title winning side, but we all know with the stadium build for 5 plus years our transfer budget was/is going to be affected.

One reason we went with POCH is cos he can help develop players so we dont have to spend as much, the good thing is the more we qualify for the champs league the sooner I think the stadium will be paid off, as that money is a huge bonus.

Hopefully its just paper talk

Last edited:
I suppose there's always a chance that Poch might think that Rose out for X and Shaw in for Y might be worth doing if it leaves him with enough money to strength elsewhere considerably, but I doubt it

I suppose there's always a chance that Poch might think that Rose out for X and Shaw in for Y might be worth doing if it leaves him with enough money to strength elsewhere considerably, but I doubt it

I don't think we will be able to buy from Man U. Not unless we agree to sell to them, so like Chelski, I think those avenues are over. I cannot see Rose going this summer. KWP isn't quite the ticket yet, and although Davies is a fine back-up, Danny Rose he isn't.

Of course a lot of this depends on the attitude of the player. Poch, imo, will not keep a player who is not fully committed to his "project." Rose has bought into Poch as much as any player but the lure of petro dollars may be too great to resist and therein lies the problem for us - we simply can't compete. Tough one to call. I agree with @Rorschach if Rose goes it will be a bad sign, not just because of the player he is and not just because we strengthen a rival but because it could demonstrate a lack of ambition to other players. Perhaps we should leak to the press that we are considering a bid for aguero.

We won't sell Rose unless he wants a move and starts to cause trouble. Even then; Levy won't sanction a move to a PL rival. He'll make sure Rose departs overseas.

Remember it's nine years since we last sold one of our best players (Berbatov) to one of the top four PL teams. Look what happened when Modric threw a tantrum a few years later; even then he wasn't allowed to strengthen a PL team. That was 2011, six years ago. A lot have changed since then, let alone since 2008 when Berbatov departed.

I'm confident Rose won't join a PL rival.

We won't sell Rose unless he wants a move and starts to cause trouble. Even then; Levy won't sanction a move to a PL rival.

Spot on.

Rose would appear to be a fiery character but has matured with age and found a nice balance.

He may agitate for the move if they bid I don't know. But if he does he will be told to shut up and get on with it.

We are Tottenham Hotspur not hull city.

No one will be sold to a direct rival. Yes there's a but and that is if they bid an obscene fee and 50m doesn't even come close. No one will bid said obscene fee.

Fwiw I get the impression that city have leaked their interest in Rose to the press, such has been the intensity of the stories to be found online. Perhaps their testing the water. The ridiculous links of Man Utd and city with our other players in recent months were nothing like this. Maybe city have got Rose on board, I don't know.

If that is the case then both are dreaming. It's never gonna happen.

The only thing anyone here should be fearful of is when Madrid and Barca bid for one of our players or if Madrid ever cast their eye towards Poch. Then we have a decision to make. It seems for now that neither is looking our way.

I don't think we will be able to buy from Man U. Not unless we agree to sell to them, so like Chelski, I think those avenues are over. I cannot see Rose going this summer. KWP isn't quite the ticket yet, and although Davies is a fine back-up, Danny Rose he isn't.

I think transfers between the top clubs for players surplus to requirement (Shaw) ate still likely to continue

Back