• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

I know almost nothing about these drugs or your case, but I believe you should nearly always make these sorts of changes slowly and monitor (keep a diary of) your feelings/behaviours very closely as you vary dosage, rather than just going cold turkey.
@El Guepardo - Bullet is right here. My missus is on a long wind down off these drugs and it is not something you should just stop overnight. You should definitely consider going back to your doctor again and I'm sure they'll advise you the right course of action.

@El Guepardo I hope you are safe & well & feeling more positive after the response from various posters. i take anti depressants & anti psychotic medication to try & keep me on a level playing field & at various times I've felt better so stopped medication which then sent my mental health spiraling out of control. i would recommend always talking to your gp or find a psychiatrist ( they understand what meds do to the brain) as the meds you were on might not be working the way they should or there might be a better option for your specific needs.

i have found not drinking alcohol, exercise, healthy diet & talking to my psychologist & psychiatrist on a regular basis really helped me. Talking to someone though difficult at times can really help. if you ever feel you need talk i'm more than willing to listen

Last edited:
Hope your feeling better this morning buddy.

I wonder if it is worth emailing the club a link to this thread, a business with a high percentage of male fans might be interested to get involved.

At the very least something like posters at the urinals with that calm helpline phone number on them might be able to help people. The club has a huge reach in getting to fans. Does anyone know how you would go about getting them involved, what department you would need?

Thank you all for the support, I headed to the gym to try to get myself sorted. The gym has been a saviour at times like this, that and running. I need a positive focus, and something to aim for. Last year, I had three weeks off work sick and the only consolation is that I'm not as bad as I was during that time. I could barely talk to anyone properly during that time, I was consumed by my inner demons, and fighting a fight which people very close to me conceded that they thought that I would lose, with fears of both suicide and of me ending up needing psychiatric help. I try to move on, each day, and there are good spells but I'm not the same person as I was, and my zest for life is diminished. I am more within my shell, and I know that I isolate myself more than is good for me. Last year, during one of the spells, I ended up attending the local police station as concerns over my well being had been raised by family. Really, I keep trying to move on but thoughts of suicide, and wanting to disappear are never far away. I know that I have to keep moving forward and that when I get spells like earlier, sit through them, knowing that I can come out of the other end... but... it's not a great thought to know that the time will come when I go through this again, and again. I promise that I won't take my own life, I will keep going, and I apologise for the strength of my comments but they were reflective of my mental mind set at the time, and during other times. I know that I'm not well, I just have to deal with life as best as I can. Again, thank you all, it means a lot to me that you have taken the time to reply, and to know that others out there, those that don't know me personally, care to respond and to provide advice, guidance and support.

Stay strong mate. Taking up the exercise regime was a great thing. Try to set up some short term goals to give you something to look forward too. I'm a single dad of two teenage daughters, one of whom is autistic and I got into a rut of always putting my responsibilities ahead of myself, I slipped into this routine of work, house work and caring for the kids. I would go months, not going out, not having any me time and I reckon a lot of men slip into this without realising it. Anyway you are dealing with things pretty well in my book and there has been some great advice in this thread.

At the moment, I feel like I can't cope with life. I'm writing this, crying my eyes out, and have talked about killing myself within the last 24 hours. I feel like I'm existing, not living. The pain is caused by a combination of my OCD & Anxiety. There is no way to end the pain that I'm feeling now, and so I know that every day I will wake up and silently have to process it. And you know what, I can't continue like this much longer. I have thought about euthanasia on the grounds of mental distress. I'm not the person that I used to be, that mah has long gone. My confidence and drive for life have vanished. I just want to not wake up tomorrow. I can't tell anyone how low I am as its a catch 22. If I tell them, that only serves to escalate the problem. So I have told one friend & that's it. If I knew how many pills to take, I would take them and go to sleep, to dream my final dream. But as it is, my fear of attempting suicide and failing, or the pain that I would experience, keep me from taking action. I just want an 'off' button, that's nice & easy.
El G
I have been through all of the above since Jan 2016, i recognise everything you have said.
I still feel it now, although it has diluted alot.
I know this feels atrocious right now. And i know you are reading this thinking "i know you know how it feels, i know I'm not alone. But that doesn't make it hurt any less, i just want it to go away."

I'm going to PM you. If you have the strength, pm me back. If you don't, that is fine, i know how much energy it can take to even think about reaching out. It is an open ended offer too. If/when you want/need to, press that keyboard.

EI,

I have a cousin who is on Citalopram and he was on the high dose I believe was 40mg and wanted to come off it quickly. He was advised to gently reduce so is now taking 30(20 + 10mg). I think is the best way instead of going straight cold turkey. So far he seems to be ok and is now looking to reduce by another 10mg.

If you can follow the same this is probably a better way to gradually reduce.

Check your PMs mate. Your bravery, courage and honesty convince me that you will make it through just fine. Having read through a little further since I sent message, I would further agree wholeheartedly with people who say decelerate slowly from medicines. One other thing; if ever you feel social anxiety creeping up on you suddenly and oppressively, excuse yourself to a bathroom for a minute, a few deep breaths and think of positive social moments in your life. Then get right back out there! Good luck and keep posting...

Thank you all for the support, I headed to the gym to try to get myself sorted. The gym has been a saviour at times like this, that and running. .

This has been one of the things i do even now ( at my age), i always feel better after running and working out and it makes me feel so good. I find if i set myself a routine and aim for something ( half marathon/ marathon) it keeps me focused and gives me a reason to get out of bed on the bad days.

I am lucky because i have always had a inner strength but it works for me and its something i will always strive to do. Good luck mate its not easy into todays world ( what with all the doom and gloom, bad news etc) in fact its harder to be happy then to be un happy but never give in.

Last edited:
At the moment, I feel like I can't cope with life. I'm writing this, crying my eyes out, and have talked about killing myself within the last 24 hours. I feel like I'm existing, not living. The pain is caused by a combination of my OCD & Anxiety. There is no way to end the pain that I'm feeling now, and so I know that every day I will wake up and silently have to process it. And you know what, I can't continue like this much longer. I have thought about euthanasia on the grounds of mental distress. I'm not the person that I used to be, that mah has long gone. My confidence and drive for life have vanished. I just want to not wake up tomorrow. I can't tell anyone how low I am as its a catch 22. If I tell them, that only serves to escalate the problem. So I have told one friend & that's it. If I knew how many pills to take, I would take them and go to sleep, to dream my final dream. But as it is, my fear of attempting suicide and failing, or the pain that I would experience, keep me from taking action. I just want an 'off' button, that's nice & easy.

I've been there too, mate. PM me any time. I had moments were I thought I would never go back to being the old me again but I got there - it took a while but I did. That was 12 odd years ago and I've been fine since.

Get back on antidepressants. You need them at the moment and they will do you good. My advice is stay on them until you have felt better for a long time - at least a year - and then taper off really slowly; maybe over two years.

You'll get there, honest, but you'll have to give yourself a break sometimes, try to accept that things won't improve in one long upward curve. You will always be moving forward - even if it feels too slow from time to time.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Thank you all for the support, I headed to the gym to try to get myself sorted. The gym has been a saviour at times like this, that and running. I need a positive focus, and something to aim for. Last year, I had three weeks off work sick and the only consolation is that I'm not as bad as I was during that time. I could barely talk to anyone properly during that time, I was consumed by my inner demons, and fighting a fight which people very close to me conceded that they thought that I would lose, with fears of both suicide and of me ending up needing psychiatric help. I try to move on, each day, and there are good spells but I'm not the same person as I was, and my zest for life is diminished. I am more within my shell, and I know that I isolate myself more than is good for me. Last year, during one of the spells, I ended up attending the local police station as concerns over my well being had been raised by family. Really, I keep trying to move on but thoughts of suicide, and wanting to disappear are never far away. I know that I have to keep moving forward and that when I get spells like earlier, sit through them, knowing that I can come out of the other end... but... it's not a great thought to know that the time will come when I go through this again, and again. I promise that I won't take my own life, I will keep going, and I apologise for the strength of my comments but they were reflective of my mental mind set at the time, and during other times. I know that I'm not well, I just have to deal with life as best as I can. Again, thank you all, it means a lot to me that you have taken the time to reply, and to know that others out there, those that don't know me personally, care to respond and to provide advice, guidance and support.

Your posts are extremely articulate, honest and endearing.

Baby steps. You can get through these hard times and you have lots of brothers here who are here for you whenever you need us.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Is everyone feeling ok at the moment? It's Friday so hope all of you are ok xx

Pretty good as Saturday all to myself, so it's a big welcome back to football that matters, watch the boys at 3pm, a poke around in the garden after (and why not... it's spring time), then a stroll along the beach to the pub for a pint.

And i must say..............thank you for asking.

Hope alls good in the GGG world?

Up and down.
I got away for a few days last week and going away again next week - I've found a change of scenery to be very cathartic.
How you doing mate?
Sounds good to get away matey.

I'm good thanks. Had a few dodgy days as got on the alcohol at work a few times, bit of a scare with the mrs yesterday at work and she was sent home but all fine in the end. Just been to my gym and now feel better. Consuming zero alcohol this weekend and chilling big time.

Pretty good as Saturday all to myself, so it's a big welcome back to football that matters, watch the boys at 3pm, a poke around in the garden after (and why not... it's spring time), then a stroll along the beach to the pub for a pint.

And i must say..............thank you for asking.

Hope alls good in the GGG world?
Weekend are always better and now that it's spring I must say I always feel better about life in general. Football is back, relax time (and squeaky bum time too) but I'm back in the gym and eating healthy all weekend, and from now on.

Glad you are good dude.

Happy Friday dudes. Remember if you're feeling a bit bricky, message on here.

I'll need you on Sunday after 12 hours of drinking and....so see you Sunday.
X

I could fall into a depression on saturday evening.

I did kick a womans car in car park, she had parked across two spaces so sort of deserved it but am wondering if my mood system is going off kilter which is why I do not think I will post in the general election thread.

I could fall into a depression on saturday evening.

I did kick a womans car in car park, she had parked across two spaces so sort of deserved it but am wondering if my mood system is going off kilter which is why I do not think I will post in the general election thread.
Any chance you were near a green jaguar recently? Piers was wondering

Last edited:
Back